The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
England falling to Jolof's invasion is one of the strangest turn-arounds I've witnessed in this game so far
2020-08-15_19h20_55.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions:
View attachment 609342

latest facetting i've seen to date
One of my favorite events, I get it in basicaly all my games (where I play in Europe), such a good/strong modifier to get. Probably the Ottomans are not doing well in your game? Didn't or got constantinople very late?

The requirements are:
  • Global flag faceting_happened is not set
  • Has embraced the Renaissance.png Renaissance institution
  • Has at least Prestige.png50 Prestige

The province needs to have:
  • Has embraced the Renaissance.png Renaissance institution
  • Has at least Development.png 15 Development
  • Is in a state
  • Is a city
  • Produces eithertrade good:
    • Gems.png Gems
    • Glass.png Glass
  • Does not have a special goods produced modifier
  • Does not have Coal as latent trade goods
  • Is not the province of Venezia (112)

So I always try to get a province with Glass (Siena, Antwerpen, Constantinople or something like that, early on, and them make sure I get the Renaissance early and have my prestige at least at 50 and I almost always get it. In normal games where Ottomans are doing wel they will get more then 50 prestige and constantinople as when they embrace renassaince, so they normaly get the event as soon as they embrace. (meantime to happen is like 1 month)

Spain, after successfully integrating GB, could have gone for Portugal or France but just decided to chill on colonization and attacking me for the Maldives islands. Also Ottomans got reduced to a dozen provinces in Anatolia / Greece very early on but thanks to being the Ottomans they were able to kick Mamluks who had 3 times more troops.

marathes.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
Me, The Knight, catholic and allied to France declare on Ottoman.
My ally, PLC, catholic and allied to France declare on Ottoman next month.
France, defender of the catholic faith, make a donation to Ottoman.

wtf...

eu4_1.png

ps: i think it's because he's rival to Austria and I call him in my war but still....

• 1Haha
Reactions:
My Granada reconquest had a little side effect in the earliest mass decolonisation I ever had.

I saw some earlier, but never 5 independent new world nations in 1631

Now i am forced to play post forming Egypt just to see how are they doing :D

Good luck Mexico, Chile, Colombia, Louisiana and Florida!

deco.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Omg this happened to me too, on the 18th of August. 4 days before you. First screenshot I took that I thought I might post in this thread.

View attachment 614218
There are events that excommunicate people.

Nice! This way i can take all provinces and still have War Score left ;)

View attachment 614217
You are removing the provinces some something else that doesn't have the -25% of imperialist war, like force religion in your case. The smaller they become, the cheaper force religion gets.

Reactions:
Uhm, yeah. How can you tell?

You see that dreaded graphical glitch, like it's all a patchwork of small squares for which you see the black borders? That gave it away.
I don't know if it's only an NVidia thing, but I tried to fight it in every possible way on my laptop with Intel+NVidia but so far it improved slightly with the latest NVidia drivers under Manjaro (on the provinces borders, before it was a mess on Pop_OS with the previous NVidia drivers) .

You see that dreaded graphical glitch, like it's all a patchwork of small squares for which you see the black borders? That gave it away.
I don't know if it's only an NVidia thing, but I tried to fight it in every possible way on my laptop with Intel+NVidia but so far it improved slightly with the latest NVidia drivers under Manjaro (on the provinces borders, before it was a mess on Pop_OS with the previous NVidia drivers) .
Actually never noticed. But yeah, NVidia+Intel as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: