The Obligatory CK3 Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
83BD0E91F0A8017A86EB0B665E4EB31A977D0742

I have no idea how Bavaria got down here. It was still in Germany, but it also found its way to Africa. Both it and Makuria are almost fully Catholic.
56506F877720429E03B0E7CB3C699BF1CD74B634

I have no idea how Bavaria got down here. It was still in Germany, but it also found its way to Africa. Both it and Makuria are almost fully Catholic.

At least East Africa will now get to know the famous german "Hefeweißbier", also called "Weizen".

Reminds me of a time long ago when I played as a random Persian nation (small duchy at first). I eventually grew quite large, but the Mongol Empire was becoming a legit threat. But I noticed the heir to the Mongol empire occupied a small county right on my border. I declare war on the Mongols for the county, and because they recruit their army all the way east in their capitol, they aren't able to get to me in time before I win with war score.

I vassalize the county, convert the heir to Orthodoxy (me), kill his wife before they have any kids, and have him marry a granddaughter of mine who has a ton of positive inheritable traits, and on top of that, befriend him. I murder the Mongol emperor, my vassal is put on the throne, I lose the county I just conquered... but the damage is done. 40 years pass and I check out the Mongol Empire:

Their official religion is now Orthodox, and much of the east is now Christianized. Deus Vult muthaf**kas.

• 3Like
Reactions:
To choose is to give up, but King Bouchard of Frisa doesn't want to give up. The clever boy has found a way to always win in a crusade.

"Heads, I'm with you." [Attacks the Omeyyads Emperor in a crusade for Asturias]

20220415200314_1.jpg

"Tails, I'm not against them." [Defends himself against the Pope]
20220415200321_1.jpg

The strangest thing is that he loses in both cases. His war scores are identical rather than reversed. :oops:

• 1Like
Reactions:
7233455FDF1682483B26BB3A11785A041A12629D

Schizophrenia? I'm appearently complaining to myself that a (heterosexual) countess is seducing my (homosexual) wife :/

And yeah, I stole the pope's hat and using it as a crown :)

• 8Haha
Reactions:
While trying to unravel the tangled love lives of my court, I discovered that my sister's husband's concubine's lover had given birth to a botchling :oops:
1158310_20220420124712_1.png
(sorry she is a bit small)

This is their third child together, which in itself is quite a feat, as father lives in Portugal and mother in Norway!

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
20220421045527_1.jpg
20220421045514_1.jpg
20220421045606_1.jpg

This is all the AI's depravity btw. My dynasty has something like 500+ living members. I wasn't even aware this little enclave existed until I started looking through the character finder to see who all the landed people in my family are.

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
First time I notice this. In this event :

20220421234916_1.jpg

the Jester says : "Fils de pute. My luck is rotten". But do you know what "fils de pute" means in French ? Son of a b**ch. :oops:

• 4Like
Reactions:

View attachment 831648

the Jester says : "Fils de pute. My luck is rotten". But do you know what "fils de pute" means in French ? Son of a b**ch. :oops:
There is a whole section of localised curses in the game! They use "fils de pute" in all European languages, except for French where they replace it with "mordiable", which I have no idea what that means and google doesn't either.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There is a whole section of localised curses in the game! They use "fils de pute" in all European languages, except for French where they replace it with "mordiable", which I have no idea what that means and google doesn't either.
mordiable? :oops:

No idea - moddable? mort-iable? (mort is 'death' of course)

Very odd, but of course PDX's localization is notoriously poor (there's a separate thread on it now); I think they use Babelfish!

There is apparently some localized swearing in some Royal Court events, like in my previous post about libertine literature in this thread you can find polish "Niech mnie diabli" (lit. "may the devils take me", or "I'll be damned" for short)

• 1Like
Reactions:
@tsr-aph @m0xxY you made me curious as well. From what I can gather "mordiable" is an outdated and somewhat obscure medieval version of "merde" (in the sense of "damn it", I think, it sounds a little weird to me to use it as "shit" but I'll grant you that I'm no 12th century Frenchman). I didn't find it on an English search engine, but a French search gave some results (https://www.topito.com/top-insultes-moyen-age-langue-francaise-sale-coquebert). I'm pleasantly surprised ^^

Edit: I haven't looked at the etymology, but my guess would be that it comes from "mort" (death), as you said, and "diable" (devil).

• 1Like
Reactions:
The new sect that is promoting asceticism appointed a patriarch who is greedy, lazy, arbitrary, and a rapacious blackguard. :p
Why do the sheep always appoint the wolves to guard them? ;)

• 2Haha
Reactions: