The Obligatory CK3 Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Once I had a ruler who named all his daughters the same.
Yeah. It does happen with boys sometimes, but it happens a lot more often with girls.

Always pay attention when your Ruler has children. The Child Namer has a distinct lack of imagination...

Schermafdruk 2023-08-30 11.01.10.png

It seems a lot of people have become mimes lately...

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
Man, standards of education have really dropped at this university...

I swear the scripters at Paradox don't seem to care about triggers any more - we keep getting events without the most basic checks. :D
I mean, she has 20 Martial and various commander traits, so imo that's quite respectable. She only became dull because none of her pupils came close to her skill, so she couldn't have an engaging debate in decades!
Honestly I don't see a problem here. (Also bad teachers exist :p)

Reactions:
I swear the scripters at Paradox don't seem to care about triggers any more - we keep getting events without the most basic checks. :D
Yes, and it is a shame for the Devs.

And there is another Example of bad code in the Game, because there is an Pilgrimage Event, which allows a Character to divorce the Spouse, even their Faith and/or Culture doesn't allows it.

Or the Travel Event, which can give your Character a Lover, even he is already happily married with his Soulmate Wife.

Or the Travel Event, which can give your Character a Lover, even he is already happily married with his Soulmate Wife.
Are you given the chance to say no to the Lover Event?

Maybe not if you are lustful.
Events like this should always give you the opportunity to say Yes, or No. If you aren't given the choice, where is the RP Value?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Total player agency isn't fun. If you want that, play in debug mode. Sometimes, you need railroading to make your characters feel like themselves and not just some generic min-maxed god.

Agreed, sometimes you need to force the player's hand so they can't always pick the optimal choice.

You know people are minmaxing too much when they stop reading the flavour texts and start thinking of events as stat modifiers instead.

Reactions:
uh-oh...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.59.52 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 2.59.52 PM.png
    564,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 6.53.41 PM.pngI present his majesty, the King of Kong.

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 2.13.26 PM.pngThe king of Norway is a monk.

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 1.17.09 PM.png

My character(the one with the ball) looks like he is expecting god to aid him.
Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 12.43.51 PM.png

Pope nicolaus "the chaste" is a sodomite. That makes sense!

Melancholy at eleven....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 5.54.11 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-27 at 5.54.11 PM.png
    3,6 MB · Views: 0
Schermafdruk 2023-09-02 16.45.20.png

Oh yes, the empress of these lands, visiting the university in her own capital, is a stranger in strange lands... And this exotic and mysterious language is her own court's language (though admittedly, she does not speak it yet).

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Schermafdruk 2023-09-02 17.35.19.png

Barely one month old, and already speaking in full sentences, and losing her milk teeth, too! And running around giving me things, too!

Aren't there any checks on these events? Children this young shouldn't be able to do any of these things, and this event should not trigger until, like, 9 years old, when actual children generally start losing their milk teeth.

Seriously, the scripting in this game is getting very sloppy.

Also, 50 gold seems like an excessive gift for a milk tooth. Something like 1 or 2 gold seems much more appropriate for a small child.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 1019386
Barely one month old, and already speaking in full sentences, and losing her milk teeth, too! And running around giving me things, too!

Aren't there any checks on these events? Children this young shouldn't be able to do any of these things, and this event should not trigger until, like, 9 years old, when actual children generally start losing their milk teeth.

Seriously, the scripting in this game is getting very sloppy.

Also, 50 gold seems like an excessive gift for a milk tooth. Something like 1 or 2 gold seems much more appropriate for a small child.
In terms of talking, children start as early as 9 months, and the game's architecture doesn't do month ages as far as I can tell, so I would forgive that. I also think that from a UX standpoint, as jarring as it is for a native English speaker, presenting people playing in English as a foreign language with baby talk would be not ideal.

Milk teeth is absolutely an issue and a simple check that they are at least 4 should suffice.

• 1Like
Reactions: