The Obligatory CK3 Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep, it might trigger one of these rare, weird, awful events, like in CK2 when your 1 year-old demon infant somehow managed to kill you perfect 12 year-old heir in his bed, and got away with it giggling while you could do nothing about it.
"A regular soul test revealed pure evil!" - Simpson, Treehouse of Horror Vll

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
In my current game all the european powers fell apart from the start. Here's the situation in 996:

XH2ONwm.jpg

:oops:

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Never before have I had character where their name so perfectly matched their appearance. Dude is basically Santa Clause.
budli.jpg

Also, some strange stuff going on in Iceland.
iceland.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Does Budli Sifsson mean Santa Claus or something?
Sorry, I'm American and to me his names reads as "bud-ly," so like the ultimate bud that you hang out with. He's got the right traits and the look, which is exactly like Santa Claus, a big, jolly fat dude.

What strange stuff?
She's a Norse character following Vidilist all the way in Iceland. I also just enjoyed the fact that she's from the same dynasty as Haraldr Fairhair.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
1158310_screenshots_20210611203056_1.jpg
Oh, no. They're plotting against my rival. We must, um... stop this? I guess? Spymaster, please put it on your todo list. Not too high.

• 7Haha
Reactions:
Started a Byzantine dynasty from scratch with that awesome lady, then aged 16. Didn't expect her to rule for 85 years though... She died a few weeks before her 102th birthday. And she was still leading armies and sieges... Apart from the countless wars she waged, she did have some time to achieve a lot of stuff and become very wise.

Hypatia851-952.jpg

• 6Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
This is the most interesting byzantine empire ive seen in 1000s of hours of Crusader kings non cadet branch bulgarian karling independant kingdoms in anatolia, muslim kingdom in greece and this is all without my intervention at all

fourth crusade has nothing on this

edit just realized constantinople is rule by an independant russian duke for...reasons

Attachments

• 20210618190600_1.jpg
    20210618190600_1.jpg
    533,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 6Haha
Reactions:
"Uhh....I managed teach myself to appreciate you a lot more, Mylord!"
Sometimes it's much harder than teaching someone else, though.

Well, I may have initiated a series of immortal women...

Started like this (the white hair is a tribute to Ororo Munroe AKA Storm from the X-Men, she kind of fascinated me when I read the comics as a kid).

Ayawa16.jpg

Ended like that...

Ayawa108.jpg

So yes, that's a 92 years long rule, which sounds a bit ridiculous but since the game allows it...
Fun fact : in CK2 I managed to get the mysterious Immortality event just once, and it was already with an African character. He united the continent and finally killed himself out of boredom, aged 150 IIRC.

Names of the empire and of the dynasty are related, if you pay attention and know a bit about recent African history. Burkina Faso means "land of the honest people". In OTL it is a small country, one of the poorest of the world. And yet, in the 1980's there was a young leader named Thomas Sankara who gave the country this new name, and managed to make it as developed, democratic and independent as possible (not without downsides, obviously, but still some impressive achievments here). He made some powerful enemies in the process and eventually was assassinated after a few years.

Last edited:
  • 3Love
  • 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
2nd game after adventurers were added, the Norse control most of Britannia:
2021_06_14_1.png

Ireland is also Norse but of a different pagan religion.

• 2Haha
Reactions: