The Obligatory CK3 Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But isn't male/female in CK3 about sex? That's purely biological and - sadly, for some people - unchangeable. I mean, I'm fully willing to call you a man or a woman depending on what you prefer rather than what you were born with, but despite that, what you were born with can't be changed. And in particular in a game where dynasties (and thus reproduction) are so important... well, if there's no distinction made (and a distinction would take away from the gameplay, as it applies to only a small minority of people and was not recognized in the time frame the game plays in), assuming it applies to sex is much more logical than assuming it applies to gender.
Elagabulus can still be biologically male and look like the portrait in the CK3 files. It's just far easier to represent her with a female model, else you've got to rekey the clothing to make an exception for one dead character.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
You know those occasional posts you get of a ruler with many, many daughters and no sons? Here's my present character, with his 11 sons and 0 daughters:

1604368196794.png

I can imagine the outcry on the forum if that's with confederate partition for all those who hate it, especially with all the counties and duchies you have there. :D
Haha, yeah, half the reason I conquered as much of Denmark and Pomerania as I have was to have titles to give sons. I even granted something to an 11-year-old.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Haha, yeah, half the reason I conquered as much of Denmark and Pomerania as I have was to have titles to give sons. I even granted something to an 11-year-old.

Imagine that some people unironically claim that "partition is great because it discourage blobbing".

• 7Haha
Reactions:
- "You are excommunicated!", cried catholic byzantine.
- "No, you are excommunicated!", screamed orthodox east francia.
- "Wait, there is an excommunication feature?!", confused insular christian serbia.
- "So, we are heretics to which one, again?", questioned bogomilist iceland.

Meanwhile in hungary
mandean
bacs: - "Hi guys!"

2020_11_05_1.png

• 10Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
which one of you is China Bavaria? you two got to sort this out

View attachment 650403
Are you an ROB man or a PRB man yourself? :p

-----

Ceterum censeo message settings esse restituenda.

Furthermore, I propose that message settings must be restored.

-Cato the Elder

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Nice try, but both wrong.
Our Chinaman's relationship is way complicated than you can think of!
Chinese? I have no idea what you are talking about, what does China have to do with Bavaria? ;)

My first game with CK3, about 900 hours on CK2, so I decided to try out with Petty-King Alfred of Wessex, listed as being hard.

Here he is as Alfred the Great, King of England in 902, gradually acquiring the missing bits of it.

2020_11_07_1.png

Mercia lost, badly, to Jorvik and came back through a Peasant Revolt, got attacked again by Jorvik and Subreyjar and I realised that I had a much bigger army, with most of the Strategist line in Martial. So, by 897, I was able to take it over and create the kingdom.

First daughter was married to the Earl of Buchan, lost him in a Scottish war against Subreyjar, and is now the Basillissa of the Byzantine Empire. First son was married to Tegla Brycheiniog, was killed by a Viking, and she is now betrothed to the son of the Earl of Oxford and has a claim on Brycheiniog. Second son married a daughter of King Causantin II MacCinaed of Alba and was killed by another Viking. Third son is betrothed to another daughter of Causantin II MacCinaed and the second daughter is betrothed, matrilineal, to the son and heir of Infante Lope of Navarra, Duke of East Francia.

So, not to bad for a HARD start.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is my Serbian empire and look at all that gold. :D

Attachments

• 20201109121301_1.jpg
    20201109121301_1.jpg
    654,4 KB · Views: 0
Untitled.png

Ogre on the right: "Me SmArt, Me attack eNemy house"

Ogre on the left: : "No you dumb, it is ALLy's hOUse, Ogre ProTect"

And yes my war target become my ally if you want to know why. This happen very often and you can only pray your dumber-than-ogre army do the right thing..... no guarantee

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: