• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ck2_324.png

My wife usurped a duchy I had granted to my brother and then took him as concubine.
I'm shocked by her infidelity.

• 10Haha
Reactions:
I forget how I noticed it, might have just been courtier(his wife) leaving court.
But, somehow, a random courtier I just invited to be my chancelor. Unlanded. Not related to be by any means as far as I know/can tell.
Decided to become and stay my vassal when a faction outside my realm installed him.
And I don't even want him, because he and his vassal votes for a different heir.
ck2_99.png

20220611020100_1.jpg

i'm playing as the duchy of Flanders. almost immediately, West Francia shattered with Saxony, Burgundy and Germany splitting off. by now, Saxony is entirely norse pagan, and has been nibbling away land from West Francia and also at Burgundy. West Francia's kings also almost immediately fell to Lollard heresy. it's been so many generations of Lollard heretic kings that the Pope finally called a Crusade for West Francia. for some reason there was no crusade beneficiary?
so now my de jure leige... is the Pope...

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Uhm, I was using that...

Out of the blue, game decides to take my two greatworks away. Two years have passed since, I'm STILL paying for next stage being buit. I don't get benefits from them. Guy who took them over used to get them, but has since become unlanded and doesn't get them anymore, nor does his top liege. Greatwork history window doesn't have any new entries, his takeover is still the last one.
ck2_104.pngck2_105.pngck2_106.png

edit: got them back after my ruler died.

Last edited:
View attachment 853236
The Immortal Child of Destiny.
(with unlimited invasion CB)
Your game is about to turn a lot more... interesting once you start having a lot of descendants with the immortality bloodline. ;)

How did you manage to get coptic culture/religion? I've attempted to invite members of the Coptic Pope's court to mine but they never accept.
You can buy a favor from them and force-invite them over (requires the Conclave DLC). It has some restrictions, but you can usually find someone who is an eligible target. :)

What interesting in descendants except some more health?
The only immortal being here is my character.
At least for now :)

Many bloodlines etc have effects that aren't visible in tooltips. In this particular case:

The Immortality bloodline has the property Murderous AI, meaning any AI character with this bloodline will start murder plots left, right and centre. If you have a lot of descendants, it could get messy...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Many bloodlines etc have effects that aren't visible in tooltips. In this particular case:

The Immortality bloodline has the property Murderous AI, meaning any AI character with this bloodline will start murder plots left, right and centre. If you have a lot of descendants, it could get messy...

AI characters will only use this plot if:
  • Target does not have a pilgrim trait
Very unusual but ok, I'll send him there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Very unusual but ok, I'll send him there.
I'm pretty sure that this is only intended to prevent AI from starting plots against people who are currently on a pilgrimage. After you return, you'll be fair game.

(Also, even if your interpretation is correct and you can't be targeted if you have a pilkgrim trait, your personal pilgrim trait won't protect everyone else in the same realm. You get a murder! And you! And you! Everyone gets a murder!)

I checked the code, and I believe this is what the wiki means by "Target does not have a pilgrim trait":

Code:
    chance = {
        modifier = {
            factor = 0
            ROOT = {
                is_pilgrim = yes
            }
        }
(...\common\objectives\00_plots.txt line 994)

In this context, "ROOT" is the potential target of the plot. "is_pilgrim" is defined as "Checks if a character has a trait with pilgrimage = yes". IE: The AI won't start a plot if the potential target has a "pilgrimage" trait.

On checking the traits, here's every trait I could find which has pilgrimage = yes:
  • on_pilgrimage # Christian pilgrim while doing pilgrimage
  • on_indian_pilgrimage # Dharmic pilgrim while doing pilgrimage
  • kow_tow_travels (not commented, I assume this is the trait you get while on kowtow to China)
  • travelling (not commented, I think this is given temporarily for some event chains)
  • on_hajj # Muslim performing hajj
In summary: Characters are protected from being the target of murder plots if they are currently on a pilgrimage. After they return, they are fair game.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What interesting in descendants except some more health?
The only immortal being here is my character.
At least for now :)
I'll quote from my bloodline breeding guide:
"What this means is that not only does the AI become twice as likely to murder plot, it also becomes very indiscriminate in its targets. Most AI characters only murder for a reason, as bad as the reason may be. NPCs with murder bloodlines become like Lunatic and Possessed characters in selecting murder targets, which means that they might end up murdering someone for no real reason.

Beware: the immortality bloodline also makes the AI murderous. While it is a very useful bloodline since it gives +1 health, imagine all your descendants living longer due to that extra health, being twice as murderous as anyone else, very likely to become Ambitious and very unlikely to ever lose the trait, and being indiscriminately murderous like a Lunatic. Add claims and pretenders on top of that, and I don't think I have to draw you a picture of what can happen with a large dynasty, do I?"

(The immortality bloodline also contains the ambitious flag, which makes characters very likely to become Ambitious, and they can no longer randomly lose that trait when having too many personality traits.)

Does make for a fun game, though! :)