• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Up until someone starts assassinating him and his family until some weird Abassid in India inherits Finland!
You mean the "someone" possessed by a supernatural force which compels them to complete enigmatic tasks and act against their nature to ensure the survival of their dynasty regardless of the effects on the individual?

The entity known as the Plah-yar?

• 2Haha
Reactions:
ck2_3.png

I don't know if this counts but these vassals that really love me are forming some super powerful factions

Lol Panzer, this looks like a bug with maths. If 10144 men is 609,9 % of your strenght, 20973 is not 2097300 % of it xD

ck2_73.png

God has finally touched them. Alhamdulillah! Wait a minute...

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Lol Panzer, this looks like a bug with maths. If 10144 men is 609,9 % of your strenght, 20973 is not 2097300 % of it xD

Lol yah something was clearly bugged. I think probably a division by 0 somewhere. I took all the land in Syria in a war and I didn't want to give out the counties one by one so I was waiting for the original ruler to be at peace before usurping and handing out the kingdom, but that took too long and I was so over my demesne limit that I think I might have had 0 troops and all my vassals hated me. When I got the faction warning I caved and gave out the counties but something had already been broken in the % calculations and even small vassals still thought they had a lot of troops and started declaring for their factions.

ck2_57.png

A Basque woman has started calling herself "King Haesteinn of Bertangaland" and is trying to persuade me to fight some suspiciously Muslim-looking "pagans".

Just another normal day on the Iberian Peninsula, ladies and gentlemen.

ck2_66.png

Who needs Anglo-Saxons when you have Anglo-Saxo-Pomeranians?
ck2_64.png

A Lombard Karling duke of Croatia who's about to inherit Charlemagne's blob.

Or, in other words, why I don't usually play from the 769 start date.

Last edited:
  • 5Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
A Basque woman has started calling herself "King Haesteinn of Bertangaland" and is trying to persuade me to fight some suspiciously Muslim-looking "pagans".

The modern idea that king and queen are intrinsically gendered wasn't always the norm. For example, Gustavus Adolphus daughter, Christina Augusta, was coronated as "king" and not "queen", as she held the power and wasn't simply the married consort of the monarch.

Unfortunately modern sources always refer to her as "queen Kristina", something which would have infuriated her!

Reactions:
The modern idea that king and queen are intrinsically gendered wasn't always the norm. For example, Gustavus Adolphus daughter, Christina Augusta, was coronated as "king" and not "queen", as she held the power and wasn't simply the married consort of the monarch.

Unfortunately modern sources always refer to her as "queen Kristina", something which would have infuriated her!
same applies to " King Jadwiga" daughter of Casimir III

same applies to " King Jadwiga" daughter of Casimir III
That is gendered, just another way. "King means they have power, queen means they are just married to the one holding the power. Oh, and guess which one is associated with which gender." ;)

I was messing around with 867 Bulgaria and seeing how quickly I could beat the Magyars (the answer is "within 4 months, if you know what you're doing", and a couple of strange things happened:
ck2_123.png

It looks like "truce" means something different in Hungarian than it does in English.

ck2_124.png

"So our totally not stolen from the Lombards homeland in Italy is being occupied by a random Serbian duke, the King of Italy and the Tsar of Bulgaria. Should we do something about that, Abidin?"
"Nah, screw that. I've heard Serbia's a nice place for a holiday this time of year."

• 1Haha
Reactions:
"Truce" just means "you stop attacking us" in Hungarian. Isn't that the right way to play anyway? :D
Maybe so. Paradox, in their wisdom, seem to think that if the Magyars lose their invasion of Hungary they should still get to keep their 9,000 incredibly OP blokes on horses. This means that if the AI somehow manages to defeat Almos or if Bulgaria is controlled by the player and so actually understands how combat works, they go around raiding anything that borders them that isn't Tengri and there's sod all you can do about that. Except go back to your Tengri roots, but that would. of course, be a betrayal of Eastern Orthodoxy. On the other hand it would let you grab Constantinople off the Byzantines...

"Who should I marry? Should I pick a French princess, and strengthen my ties with the Capets, or should I pick one of my German vassals' daughters and join the Salian clan with one of my more rebellious duke's? Or perhaps I'll just go over to Byzantium and marry a random Muslimah who's most well known for being the widow of an ex-sheikh and part-time Siculo-Arab pirate."

No, Rudolf did not have the "Cynical", "Sympathy for Islam" or "Lunatic" traits, and if I remember correctly he spent most of his time declaring holy wars on pagans and sending missionaries to the Prussians.
ck2_111.png

• 4Haha
Reactions:
Maybe so. Paradox, in their wisdom, seem to think that if the Magyars lose their invasion of Hungary they should still get to keep their 9,000 incredibly OP blokes on horses. This means that if the AI somehow manages to defeat Almos or if Bulgaria is controlled by the player and so actually understands how combat works, they go around raiding anything that borders them that isn't Tengri and there's sod all you can do about that.

FYI, if you defeat raiders in battle, they are forbidden from raiding you for 5 years. This might be a bit more difficult than defeating the invasion (since they won't charge into hills to be slaughtered) but it might still be possible.

FYI, if you defeat raiders in battle, they are forbidden from raiding you for 5 years. This might be a bit more difficult than defeating the invasion (since they won't charge into hills to be slaughtered) but it might still be possible.
I know. Bulgaria has 6.5k troops on a good day. The Magyars have 9k troops all of which are horse archers and so incredibly OP.

I didn't defeat the invasion by parking my army in Transylvania and forcing the Magyars to fight me there - I'd never get all my forces there in time, and I wouldn't risk 6k troops against 9k horse archers. I just gathered up all the Bulgarian levies, got them to march to a point on the Black Sea coast, and went up to the Magyar capitals and took them while Almos was sieging down Bihor.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I didn't defeat the invasion by parking my army in Transylvania and forcing the Magyars to fight me there - I'd never get all my forces there in time, and I wouldn't risk 6k troops against 9k horse archers. I just gathered up all the Bulgarian levies, got them to march to a point on the Black Sea coast, and went up to the Magyar capitals and took them while Almos was sieging down Bihor.

Fair enough. That certainly sounds a lot easier than loans + gold exploits + mercs + terrain advantage!

Reactions: