• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ck2_1.png

My vassal republic really seems to like the look of those Breton cities.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Anyhow, fun/odd sequence of events here. I get the "jihad unlocked" big message, it says Mecca has fallen! I think hang on, who could have done that?

1603217516018.png

It's...the Nubian tributary kingdom under the Caliph. So he wants to call a jihad to reclaim Mecca, but can't, because it was taken by his tributary.

1603217611575.png

Oh well, let's just go beat up some Normans to take out our frustration instead I guess!

• 9Haha
Reactions:
Anyhow, fun/odd sequence of events here. I get the "jihad unlocked" big message, it says Mecca has fallen! I think hang on, who could have done that?

View attachment 644169

It's...the Nubian tributary kingdom under the Caliph. So he wants to call a jihad to reclaim Mecca, but can't, because it was taken by his tributary.

View attachment 644170

Oh well, let's just go beat up some Normans to take out our frustration instead I guess!
It wouldn't surprise me if the Caliph himself even helped the Nubians in their war for Mecca.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't know if that happened (probably), but the Caliph certainly helped them when the other Caliph declared his own jihad on them.

1603271749587.png

Or...tried to help.

1603271787330.png

Seljuks gonna Seljuk. Ah well, so much for that brief moment when Miaphysite MA hit 89.

...but they still have Mecca.

Footnote to this saga: I was poking around the Ethiopian Miaphysite sphere while all this went down and--I've never seen such high intrigue in a regular AI character!

1603271883459.png

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Not "strange" per se, just amusing. Imagine the look on the Muslims' faces when this Christian uber-warrior shows up to their party and trounces them all. To add insult to injury, this is a party celebrating martial virtue, and the winner is clearly very decadent (drunkard + serial adulterer). And he won despite being nearly bedridden with joint pain.

20201024173827_1.jpg

• 1Haha
Reactions:
What's the unusual part, other than that she's both a giantess and a genius?

Reactions:
Playing a game of Quantum leap (When a character die you get switched to a new, randomly chosen one). I am currently on my third character, first one was emperor of Tibet, second one was the King of Bavaria and last one is a super weak count in Sunni India. Something must have gone horribly wrong in Tibet after I left because somehow an Abbasid inherited it at the age of 3. Now 3 years later he also inherited the caliphate.
20201114180643_1.jpg

• 4Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
10 pound sledgehammers.

Wonder how many people get that reference?

I believe it's an American speaking to a Scotsman in Germany, unless I misremember the person being replied to.

I believe it's an American speaking to a Scotsman in Germany, unless I misremember the person being replied to.

TBH, I don't remember the nationality of the person being spoken to, but it does sound like you know the source. :)