• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 6.18.22 PM.png

How a man I already killed in a duel is going to either kill or maim me in another duel over 1 month later is a little weird don't you think? (This is an ironman achievement compatible game).

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
They're of the same dynasty! And even if she wanted an alliance with a cousin, she has four daughters!

I just have no idea who thought that was a good match. As I said above, they're of the same dynasty (I didn't check how closely related, will have to take a look at that next time I play). He's five. By the time he's old enough to marry, she'll be well past child-bearing age. She's of a religion with Enatic Clans; he's Sunni. Her nickname is "the Unfaithful" and she's in a betrothal which won't become a marriage for over ten years. It's just... bizarre. The AI doesn't usually even do betrothals until age 12.

The only thing I can imagine is that her husband died, she went looking for a matrilineal match, and he was the highest available option in terms of prestige - probably because he's "related to a High Chieftess."

ETA: Also, she has 2 intrigue and she wants to become spymaster. Just full of bright ideas, isn't she?
It is extremely common for female rulers or heirs to marry their fellow dynasts. That's simply because it's often the only matrilineal option that doesn't have the prestige loss from a lowborn/courtier and is within the same realm. It's yet another of the reasons why the female ruler AI logic is screwed up in the game.

Talking about sore losers, Jesus Christ...
He's not being a sore loser, he's pointing out that the guy who killed him died just over two months earlier, which would be very hard for those who are not undead. :D

He's not being a sore loser, he's pointing out that the guy who killed him died just over two months earlier, which would be very hard for those who are not undead. :D

I think Lingvort was making a joke and calling the "undead" duelist a sore loser, not the poster. But I may be wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think Lingvort was making a joke and calling the "undead" duelist a sore loser, not the poster. But I may be wrong.
Ah! You may very well be right, in which case I just had a wooosh moment. :)

Speaking of dead characters doing unusual things, I'm having a lot of fun with the Sons of Vinland mod, but it seems I can still nominate my son as my heir...

1598912519615.png

...five days after he died!

1598912581778.png

My vassals don't want to vote for him, but not for the obvious reason.

1598912630458.png

Who cares that he's dead--have you seen how paranoid he is??

(Any instability isn't really the mod's fault. I'm combining a couple disparate ones for this particular campaign so weird things are to be expected)

Not strange, but made me giggle. Gave a barony to an unlanded courtier so I can press his claim. Once I won, notification to create a kingdom appeared. Seems all I need is 2 duchies to create this Kingdom (well 3, but the 3rd already got absorbed to my starting Kingdom). Created it and gave it to him. He's now a King with only a barony to his name (brand new Barony too, just created it last year) and only a single duchy under his Kingdom too since the other duchy still in Germania hand. His duke with a single county is still more powerful than him. Crappiest King ever? lol

269EA5A0DFAAA9A232157376CB39F6AFCEBCA300

• 3Like
Reactions:
Indeed DPS is. I guess it just doesn't work over text that well.
Or my brain just wasn't working right, heh. I'll happily accept my share of the blame. :D

Reactions:
This is the High Chief of Illmenia, he have one vassal. A tribal holding a temple holding...
20200905134253_1.jpg

...this temple holding is somehow the county capital even though Novgorod is the only county in the High Chief's realm.
20200905133720_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20200905133732_1.jpg
    20200905133732_1.jpg
    1,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200905133732_1.jpg
    20200905133732_1.jpg
  • 20200905133716_1.jpg
    20200905133716_1.jpg
In the running for most significant year of medieval history:

First, in August 807, I reform the African faith.

ck2_79.png

Only a few months later, the Germanics follow suit. (I swear, it looks like a player-run realm, with the way he went straight for three holy sites.)

ck2_80.png

And a few months after that, the Holy Roman Empire is formed. (And boy, is it ugly.)

ck2_82.png

Were we in some kind of race that nobody told me about? What kind of theories will later historians come up with to explain all these important events happening so close together in time, in different parts of the world? (Probably some kind of natural disaster. Or aliens.)

• 10Like
Reactions: