• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry about that, I couldn't remember how to post the actual picture in the comment. My browser doesn't display images correctly when I try.
Imgur is your friend.

He did it! Hip hip hurray!
MW1yrQL.png

When inbred is not enough:
ASRtPsZ.png

From HIP:

Ilkhaplosion (they won):
9lvCEQ7.png

I know it's an intentional event (like the cock jokes), but this made me punch myself to stop giggling in the middle of the night:
KwQ19kE.png

Last edited:
Wait, is that a vanilla event? And how does that increase opinion?
HIP event. There are also 3-4 cock joke events, the most notable being a one that gives you a health increase from eating a big, juicy cock. The best you had in a while as well.

@Sunspawn Yeah, I facepalmed at the chicken one... that's just wrong.
I mean, you could get a health boost from eating lots of fresh, unspoiled meat, especially if you're a medieval ruler, so I put the reference out of my mind and decided HIP was just using the archaic term for rooster. :p

That's what I used, but the preview would always display a broken image icon. I assumed that it wouldn't work if I posted it.

In fact, the next commenter's repost of the image is also broken for me.
Were you using the link to the image or the imgur page? If you were seeing the black background of imgur, it was the latter and cannot be linked as an image.

That's 69 (heh heh) kids if I counted that right.

Reactions:
So, Irene and Charlemagne have done the "hard work"

I was minding my own business in Scotland, then I saw a suspiciously western looking basileus, then I saw the CoA and I was like "you gotta be kidding me.."
It seems that some ERE princess accidentally inherited it because his brother died, and she was already married to a Karling. Was rather amusing.

Reactions:
D5ED03AC433240DD314DA0209B71E0423CD6BAEA

Charlemagne killed by some dude in single combat.

6EED8EC7E8B5E2969699EB04C909788A882E4E6A

Here's the kicker, Charlemagne killed the dude who killed him. I want to imagine some sort of Shakespearian scene similar to Hamlet or something.

-Charlemagne gets stabbed-
C: Oh woe! Oh woe! Does my destiny end on this cold December day? Curse thee treacherous Greek, I shall drag you to the depths of hell myself!
-Charlemagne stabs Theophanes-
T: Merciful god, I too have been struck by the treachery of steel. As the great Carolus Magnus' destiny ends here, so too shall mine end here in this cold December field.
C: Theophanes, you have fought well as have I, but alas, we will never get the chance to fight once more.
T: A shame, a horrible shame, for I can see the glimmer of Rome in your eyes; a sign of hope in these dark times.
C: My eyes, they are failing, Theophanes, pray with me....
-Charlemagne dies-
T: Oh honourable Carolus Magnus, sleep well King of Franks.
-Theophanes dies-
-Random soldier walks out of nowhere in the middle of great fighting like he doesn't give a damn-
Soldier: And so the great tale of Karl has ended. A man loved by his mother, hated by his brother, and destined to bring the glimmer of Rome back to the eyes of Europa. Never shall Europa meet a man so great, as the great Carolus Magnus.
What mod did you use for that UI?

NDQ2kkb.png

Well okay then. They had been Cathar for three generations by the time I noticed them. Most of western Europe had gone Shia, and the Norse have completely taken Britannia and some provinces in eastern Europe, so Catholic heresies are pretty rampant. I still found this odd though.

Reactions:
Ha!
Serendipity placed an exile from Mali in my own court during my Catharification of everything west of France, obviously a sign from God. So (using my reconquista land as a springboard) I holy warred my own way to a Cathar Mali (and granted independence, of course). Being an idiot, I forgot to give the descendant of the dude whose claim I originally pressed, and whose family I had married into my dynasty, more than, like. A single county for his demesne, so thanks to a stronger duke rebelling the Cerneu didn't quite take in Mali, but Catharism and Breton culture sure did!

I'd dearly love to know exactly how the AI pulled the same kinda thing off. 10 agrees outta 10

947F5F0EBEEE14938C3FD029DC08D0D984F24C51

In an alternate timeland, the leader of the Seljuk Turks never becomes a Sultan. Instead, he is the marshal of the leader of the Catholic world.

By the way, he died as a Sunni Muslim and still marshal of the Papacy.

Reactions: