• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Screenshot at 2020-06-13 16-33-09.png

Chinese emperor dousn't like Hindus, but appoints one as protector general.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
ck2_13.png

"Mama, what's a pope?"
"Oh, a long time ago, in the bad old days, a lot of Christians thought they needed someone else to tell them what the Bible meant, how to live and what to believe. So they chose one man, called him Pope, and convinced themselves he understood the word of the Lord better than all others. We know better than that now, of course, which is why they only follow him far away in the north. But if you don't mind your parents, the Pope-man will come and take you away to live in those cold dark lands!"

• 9Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
theoldswitcheroo.jpg

So I was playing in Estonia minding my own business beside some raiding, when I found this while raiding.
The independent Knights Templar and the independent Irish Band - each having a castle of the other in their county. As direct neighbours.
I rly wonder how diplomatic relations between those two work...
And the war they are having right now didnt change anything, Irish Band attacked and lost, so still the same situation.

• 7Like
Reactions:
1592409811855.png

I'm not 100% sure exactly how this happened, but I was surprised by this one. From what I can remember, a successful Sunni Jihad installed a nomad as a ruler of Anatolia. From this point, the nomad ruler and successors have conquered the Byzantine Empire, followed by the Fatimid Caliphate (unfortunately I'm not sure how this happened and I don't have the screenshots). Once he'd completed his conquests, he then decided to settle down as a Sunni Basileus after all....

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
From what I understand, adventurer realms that continue to prosper long after the founder's death are more unusual than I thought, so perhaps this qualifies as a Strange Screenshot:
alimid.png

Adventurer Alim The World Burner (cool title!) conquered k_bengal in 888, died in 918, descendants formed e_bengal in 932, and as of the 970s they're still going strong. They're the third-strongest realm on the map, after the Byzantines and Persia (Karen Shahdom, player controlled). And not far behind me at all - I'd prefer not to share a border with them, though it looks unavoidable eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1592747627549.png

Tribal Byzantine emperor? Aight...

(This is a campaign using the 633 AD Rise of Islam startdate mod, but I think this can accidentally happen in the base game too--I didn't actually see it happen here, but I assume it's some succession weirdness)

Attachments

• 1592747773247.png
    1592747773247.png
    2,4 MB · Views: 0
Their Crimean county is tribal in basegame so likely that guy got the throne.

• 1Like
Reactions:
20200622201235_1.jpg

So uhmm...

20200622201244_1.jpg

I'll update if I get any children, lunatic trait is interesting..

*edit Update*

20200622204349_1.jpg

Everyone is in love with this horse.
20200622204557_1.jpg
20200622204720_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
CKIII is behind the corner, and there are still those, who embrace horse affection for the first time! This game is truly THE gem.

@Pyriel You are very lucky! Glitterhoof having a child is close to impossible. Now you are obliged to give Sullivan some grazing land and make sure his horse culture spreads far and wide