• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After some 40 year struggle for Egypt, the crusade ends.

Every Christian lord: "So Gottfried, hail thee Crusader King... When will I receive my 4% participation bonus from the Papal Money Pool? Eh, I'll even accept 3%, alright? 2%... Eh."

Gottfried:

ck2_195.png

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
OK what happened here? Why do I feel like the AI is having a more interesting game than me?

Attachments

• ck2_97.png
    ck2_97.png
    4,1 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
OK what happened here? Why do I feel like the AI is having a more interesting game than me?
There was a Civil War in China, it spawned an adventurer, he invaded west and established his own Chinese empire with hookers and booze.

China will stop by to smash them in a while, so don't expect it to last long.

Trying to seduce a courtier for more children by asking one of her friends for a way in... I suppose it is only fair as my wife is a known adulterer too.
1590073598937.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
The pope tells me to do an excommunication war to get crowned, then he joins up against me. Worst bug I have ever encountered.

"In order for me to crown you as the rightful king, you have to... defeat me in battle! Ahahahaha!"

• 7Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Starting as Sölvi Forsa, Countess of Jamtaland in 936, I've had a hilarious run so far- including going back and forth to "Gluttonous" no less than 4 times with the kids and two times eating well.

Besides conquering northern Scandinavia, the lucky pick of husband who inherited Sweden from his nephew did the trick. She then helped him out in his wars, subjugating Norway, fending off the invading poles and because the old man had such a strong woman behind him, he prepared an invasion at age 72.
6bdd564dcfedd33ba2139d050b8d8ac1.jpg

Pointing out again, she really did do his work in the wars, not just supplying levies, also leading the armies personally, and not just that.
Gotta love getting slain by a gluttunous Stewardess

76269cf0b63f1ed4dd6042940e2af3c2.jpg

So now I made their father a mighty King and all the little brats do is complain.

088b53454b43b64615ab325356c9f565.jpg

Thankfully, other children have more potential and at age 41 the Queen gave birth to this.
Did sacrifice, prayed for a smart child, and had her sired by a strong lover in secret for ultimate win.
And of course she does have her legal father's Ragnar-Bloodline :D
a1770eef984b5a0d31a8f568155cd1be.jpg

And as a law upholding legal viking raider, she did all that half naked

b2b29f7072082f302574ae3f582bf0ce.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
I don't understand what you mean. After all, when you start the game, unreformable helenism also has as supreme god Jupiter.
When you reform the Hellenic faith, there is a bug that "glue" together all the gods name, so whenever you have an event or a nickname referring to a god, you get "JupiterNeptunePlutoJunoCeresMinervaMarsVucanVenusApolloDianaVesta". In the case above, the character is nicknamed "The Sword of JupiterNeptunePlutoJunoCeresMinervaMarsVucanVenusApolloDianaVesta"

View attachment 579318
I don't understand what happened here.
So desperate to excommunicate someone...anyone...that he excommunicated himself. Or...

He was playing his usual game of pin the Excommunication on the Donkey (Ruler), and bounced the pin off the wall so he hit himself instead.

Either way, it shows how truly borked the Papal AI is in CK2. Hopefully, it will be better in CK3...

When you reform the Hellenic faith, there is a bug that "glue" together all the gods name, so whenever you have an event or a nickname referring to a god, you get "JupiterNeptunePlutoJunoCeresMinervaMarsVucanVenusApolloDianaVesta". In the case above, the character is nicknamed "The Sword of JupiterNeptunePlutoJunoCeresMinervaMarsVucanVenusApolloDianaVesta"
This nickname is probably not bug.

1590336721323.png

It is probably a mistake that if you renew, e.g. the Roman Empire and get the nickname "Glorious", the first holy war will replace it with a random "the Sword of xxx".
On the other hand, in this way you can get rid of the nickname "Apostate".

This nickname is probably not bug.

View attachment 581220

It is probably a mistake that if you renew, e.g. the Roman Empire and get the nickname "Glorious", the first holy war will replace it with a random "the Sword of xxx".
On the other hand, in this way you can get rid of the nickname "Apostate".
Okay, to be precise, the nickname itself is not a bug, it's the string replacing [god] that is bugged.

What I am making fun of is exactly what Ursul has already pointed out. The God names shouldn't be all smashed together since it clearly ruins any moment in which the gods are referenced, such as through events or nicknames. Unless you think that being called "The Sword of JupiterNeptunePlutoJunoCeresMinervaMarsVucanVenusApolloDianaVesta" is at all reasonable. I assumed it was fairly obvious.

• 1Haha
Reactions: