• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
The Oasis of (Eternal) Peace - A Lybian AAR​

author: Ikarases
start date: 24/11/2012
nation: Libya, 1936
version: FTM 3.06/HPP as on 29th November
difficulty: normal
aim: survive
style: gameplay/narrative​

Why did I chose this country? Well, I was looking for some challenge and originality, which both proved to be in Libya! I´ve also chosen this country to prove you some of my modding capabilities (in fact I´m still modding it). It took me maybe 2 or 3 hours to get it finished, but I guess it will be compensated by some really long gameplay (and also AAR)! :) I´ll show you the list of modifications in my Pre-Introduction chapter, so you can gain some real insight.

Enjoy and don´t forget to rate, comment, suggest, ask and subscribe!

Last edited:
OK, I´ve finished the final tweaking, be ready for the update soon enough! :)

Chapter One: Modding and Introduction​

Welcome to the first chapter of my experimental AAR!

I needed to release Libya from Australia to get the right party in the power, but I´ve messed up; I´ve boosted SC instead of ML (ministers all all ML), but I´ve ran elections and it works OK, so no big deal here :)

I´ve also sent Italian units home and disbanded their land units in Libya, because they couldn´t ship them back home.

The red circles on the screenshot have justification written below them.

hoi31n.jpg

- Dismantling my regular 2x3 INF (they´re eating a ton of Consumer Goods), because newly created countries always start with a bunch of them (freeing me 12 MP).

- Add Manpower: In HPP your starting MP count should be: All MP generated in your provinces multiplied by 10; i.e. I´ve two provinces generating 1 MP, so it will be: (2x10=20 MP + 12 MP) 32MP!

- Adjust the Officer Ratio to 100%.

hoi32i.jpg

- Reduce Neutrality and Effective Neutrality to 80%.

hoi33p.jpg

hoi34x.jpg

hoi35i.jpg

- Adjusting Techs, Theories and Practicals! I´ve deleted some of them completely (Now I can´t even build a TP!), but I´ve retainined Education, MOT and LARM techs... Just have a look at it if you´re interested :)

- To HPP wise guys: I´ll be running Grand Battleplan doctrines (I think the IST ones).

hoi36m.jpg

- Toying with Politics: I´ve adjusted my ministers to be added in the meantime as the game goes, to make it feel more real, putting Democracy into power and tons of other stuff...

This was a combined chapter, just to show you how did my days and hours long modding worked out! :p

P.S. I´ll start playing tomorrow!

Last edited:
Strangely enough, it also means 750-ish Marines. Which suggests that in the training of Marines about 25% of the recruits die.

Oh, and if you didn't figure it out yet: I'll be following.

HPP makes all the difference! It adds a lot of MP but also those combats are bloddier :)

Poor drowners! :eek:

Guys, I´m afraid that Libya needs more modding, some weird things are happening :wacko:

Heh... I know that feeling.

I'm currently playing a 1943 UK game, and even though it is a bookmark Italy is not in the Axis.... :confused:

I will have no problems modding MP, army, resources etc.

But I need to figure out the Politics thingy... It seems that Italy can´t release puppets (I guess only democratic states can do that), so I´m going to hand over Libya to ML Australia (!) because Libya has also some ML ministers... Directly deleting the "vassal" tag in the savegame might cause the issue, which caused those weird things happening (like receiving 4 Supplies and 8 Fuel from Italy "for free", no convoys are assigned when I start a trade etc)...

So I´ll have an Austalian colony in Africa, that seems kind of weird :D Let´s hope for the best though...

OK, everything besides the small convoy issue is ready... An update will be posted soon! :)

P.S. I´m planning to edit the first post a bit, I´ve changed some things since the last update and I´ve acutally never started playing, so reading it is strongly advised :)

Last edited:
Gadaffi approves.

No, we´re playing Lybia before the Big Agricultural Revolution (that´s why they had that whole green flag) :p

No, we´re playing Lybia before the Big Agricultural Revolution (that´s why they had that whole green flag) :p

Actually the Green Flag was adopted in 1977, the al-Fatah revolution was in 1969, and it wasn't an agricultural revolution, but a nationalist one.
So, as you can guess, I hate that actual Libyan flag.

But the country is VERY interesting (from the HoI point of view it's a sandbox unable to produce a division) and I'm surely going to follow.

Actually the Green Flag was adopted in 1977, the al-Fatah revolution was in 1969, and it wasn't an agricultural revolution, but a nationalist one.
So, as you can guess, I hate that actual Libyan flag.

But the country is VERY interesting (from the HoI point of view it's a sandbox unable to produce a division) and I'm surely going to follow.

You gave me a history lesson right there! But yeah, the one Libya has now (both in-game and the one they have currently) looks better I think :)

Actually, both Tarabulus and Bangazi produce 1 MP and to make it somewhat accurate, I´ve modded myself starting 20 MP + 3x2 regular INF units (which are created automatically in these two towns).

The new version of HPP mod is coming out today/tomorrow, so I´ll need to mod it again, but I already have the "know-how" to mod all of those things I need (I´ve an overview of it in the Introduction chapter!).

Thank you for following! :)

You gave me a history lesson right there! But yeah, the one Libya has now (both in-game and the one they have currently) looks better I think :)

Actually, both Tarabulus and Bangazi produce 1 MP and to make it somewhat accurate, I´ve modded myself starting 20 MP + 3x2 regular INF units (which are created automatically in these two towns).

The new version of HPP mod is coming out today/tomorrow, so I´ll need to mod it again, but I already have the "know-how" to mod all of those things I need (I´ve an overview of it in the Introduction chapter!).

Thank you for following! :)

Well, actually I liked the green one. But maybe that's because I have no love for rebels.
I think you can gear up Libya a bit. I always wanted to do it myself, and role-play Libya as an Italian apartheid state.

Well, actually I liked the green one. But maybe that's because I have no love for rebels.
I think you can gear up Libya a bit. I always wanted to do it myself, and role-play Libya as an Italian apartheid state.

Different people, different taste, I misunderstood your post :)

I will, but of course I won´t be keeping all of those techs that Australia has (at least not those two HPP speficic, doctrines and other stuff).

Updated the first post, so you won´t be like: "What? He started differently!". I´ve also made the game compatible with 2.7.0 (newest) HPP mod! :)

D´oh, a triplepost!

Anyway, I´ve been playing 6-8 good hours, so you can expect a spam of updates in approx. 12 hours (Even the best needs to sleep! :p). I can only tell you I´m already at 1944 and the game went insane again.