The Non-Steam Version Request - Sign Here If You Want It [1 post/person]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
signed!

Yes, who is this Shams character anyway and why should we trust his offhand remarks?

Well I hear he works as a producer and with business development at Paradox. So he can problably be trusted, we just need to get more signatures.

What are you waiting for? Snap to it.

/s

Stop the off-topic and/or insulting posts. This thread has a clear purpose and it's not meant for discussion. If you want to sign the petition do so, if not don't post here. Thank you.

I'm just refuting most of the comments as they come out.

Going off-line is easy. Turning off updates is easy. Turning off the account protection (e-mail verification) is also easy. Many other things are easy. People just need to right-click. It's all there. They have help and forums too.

Some people in many threads have said requiring Steam only encourages piracy, as people feel "forced" to use the hacked/cracked version. That's not true. Don't confuse "fair use" with "piracy." I.e., if people really only want to use the hacked/cracked version so they don't have to deal with Steam, then would pay for it at Steam, Gamers Gate, Impulse, etc..., get their legal CD key, and then use the hacked/cracked version without Steam. But since the great majority of people don't do that, it's not even remotely "fair use," but actual, real, direct "piracy." The same can be said about movies, music, etc... Pay for it, even if you somehow get a DRM-free version and claim "fair use" for doing so. If you don't pay for it, you have no "fair use" argument whatsoever.

I actually think this thread should be closed, because the overwhelming majority of justifications are inaccurate excuses. If you don't want a Steam version, fine, sign the thread. But don't make up excuses that aren't true.

You are now banned from this thread, The first post clearly says only 1 post per member, by replying to others you are not only violating that but inducing others to do so.

I don't know how much clearer I could have been.

Signed.

As a consumer I value choice, although it is ironic that I need to purchase and register the game here before I can request an DRM free version!

You do not need to have registered the game to post in this section only the Tech, Bug, FAQ ...
As you can see above many people posting in this very thread do not have the game registered here.
If you do not have ANY games registered you do need to wait 5 days before posting as an anti spam bot measure though, maybe that is what you bumped up against.

Bit of a derail, sorry, but I can't help but notice many people with SotS2 registered are signing this. You own it on Steam but you also want to buy another non-Steam copy?