• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yep, GameFront is dead.
quoting wikipedia
"On April 14th, 2016, GameFront announced that the site would be shutting down on April 30th, 2016."

All my mods are temporarily unavailable.

Now I'm looking for a new home for my mods, preferably a site which is easy to use and also willing to honour privacy.

Update:

I've moved my mods to filefactory. (link in post #2 has been updated)

The structure of the download archive has been slightly reworked so that the POP Splitter and the Audax Validator are already installed in your main game directory. (in order to use the POP Splitter you'll have to change the gamedir in its config file) Also a revised version of BeBro's Ricky naval units has been added as a JSGME-ready mod.

Thank you so much for this. Any fixes are appreciated. Wish I could find a solution to the North Borneo Bug.

Can you give me more details on this North Borneo Bug?

Bad news: the Validator v0.8 which is included in my non-official hotfix had been corrupted by my old hdd while it was added to the download. Other files might have been corrupted also by the old hdd which I've re-used in my new PC, although no bugs or unusual behaviour of Ricky/VIP:R have been reported yet. To reassure I'll have to check every file of the download if it isn't also corrupted, but tbh I don't know when I'll find the time to do this.:(

Luckily, the download link of the Validator v0.8 is still available:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/victoria-validator.432608/

Since my spare time was limited in the last months I have made only little progress in my revision of the files of the hotifx and of VIP:R 0.4 itself. But during last week I've finally merged the portuguese language mod with my revised config files, so that you'd eventually can play VIP:R 0.4 in Portuguese. That was an oversight when I'd composed the first version of my hotfix. But before I can release an updated version of my hotfix I'll have to take a closer look at the other files.

In the meantime I've also examined the files of my still unfinished naval mod and fully rebuilt the events which allow you (and the ai) to acquire modern warships from abroad. These had been lost during the fatal hdd crash. On the other hand composing the names of warships which I've researched over the past years into a usable (vast) unitnames.csv file is still out of reach, especially since I've recently come up with the idea to fully remove submarines and replace them with a 1920s carrier design so that we can finally have that nice carrier model in the game which had been made by BeBro. That would allow for more variety of BCs & BBs, too.

Since my spare time was limited in the last months I have made only little progress in my revision of the files of the hotifx and of VIP:R 0.4 itself. But during last week I've finally merged the portuguese language mod with my revised config files, so that you'd eventually can play VIP:R 0.4 in Portuguese. That was an oversight when I'd composed the first version of my hotfix. But before I can release an updated version of my hotfix I'll have to take a closer look at the other files.

In the meantime I've also examined the files of my still unfinished naval mod and fully rebuilt the events which allow you (and the ai) to acquire modern warships from abroad. These had been lost during the fatal hdd crash. On the other hand composing the names of warships which I've researched over the past years into a usable (vast) unitnames.csv file is still out of reach, especially since I've recently come up with the idea to fully remove submarines and replace them with a 1920s carrier design so that we can finally have that nice carrier model in the game which had been made by BeBro. That would allow for more variety of BCs & BBs, too.
Great idea!

I don't know if it's right place to write, but as soon as I unite Sweden into Scandinavia, my new country (Scandinavia) appears with no national flag e.g.country flag, units with no banner above their heads and so on...It's quite annoying... I remember I used to have this problem with VIP back in the days, but eventually there was some fix, witch I can't figure out NOW... Anybody can help? :)

Is there a remote possibility in which you could add some more new content like events, possibly new nations and so on?

Keep in mind that I wasn't part of the original modding team. Development had already ceased when I made plans to combine my own mod with a bugfix of the latest VIP:R version. (more details on my changes can be found in the first posts of this thread) Besides my planned and still unfinished naval mod which I'm mentioning from time to time you won't see any further development of VIP:R. Although there might be some unpublished content hiding on private hdds of the original modders I won't bet that they are willing to upload these files. (OTOH having platforms like github today make picking up abandoned mods quite easy...)

New Nations? Are you aware that you can choose your country from a very long list of nations? VIP:R has added a lot of nations and many of them have their own events. Although they might have left out nations I wouldn't guess so since they're mostly working on the pre-Great War era before development ceased.

I don't know if it's right place to write, but as soon as I unite Sweden into Scandinavia, my new country (Scandinavia) appears with no national flag e.g.country flag, units with no banner above their heads and so on...It's quite annoying... I remember I used to have this problem with VIP back in the days, but eventually there was some fix, witch I can't figure out NOW... Anybody can help? :)

I've just checked: SCA has the usual 5 flags and 5 shields, so there should be some other problem hiding beneath. TBH I can't offer you a helpful answer, but I do remember that I once also had this problem when I was running some hands-off games for testing. I vaguely remember that France had an unusual government at that point so it might be related to missing parties for that government, but that is a wild guess... :(

With a bit of luck I've found among the unscathed files from my old hdd a Spanish language mod. Although no additional events were translated that mod offered an almost complete translation of the game UI. That required another copy-paste marathon but you can now finally play VIP:R 0.4 in Spanish. In the meantime I've also been looking around for a French and an Italian translation of Ricky but was only able to find an obsolete download link for an Italian language mod. If anyone has these files on his hdd, please upload them and post a download link here, so that I can include them, too. On a French forum I've discovered a mod, which luckily also included the config files. The next copy-paste marathon is ready to begin...

While adding the missing translations of the techs, I've also looked more closely at these descriptions and fixed numerous typos. ATM I'm also slowly checking the event files mostly fixing typos while also replacing some of the unique english button texts with generic button texts so that you can enjoy the translations of these texts which are already present in the event.csv file.

They've never fixed that, I'd easily re-create your situation. After some looking around I've been able to identify the missing command and also where it's missing. I've tested my fix and it works now as intended; it will be included in the next update. For your problem I can offer you a workaround so that you don't have go back to an earlier savegame:

Open the VIP_flavor_Scandinavia.txt file which you can find in the ...\scenarios\VIPscen\events\VIP_flavor sub-directory. Scroll down to event 255500. Add "command = { type = flagname which = "" }" to each of the three options:

action_a = {
name = "ACT255500A"
command = { type = capital which = 376 }
command = { type = flagname which = "" }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACT255500B"
command = { type = capital which = 311 }
}
action_c = {
name = "ACT255500C"
command = { type = capital which = 328 }
}

Save. Start Ricky and load your latest savegame. Hit F12 and ENTER. Then enter "event 255500" and hit ENTER. Then you'll see the pop-up for this event in the background. Hit F12 and ENTER again. Decide upon your capital again and enjoy your shiny new flag...;)

@tvset

Have you applied my workaround to fix your missing flag issue for Scandinavia? Did it work for you?

This might also happen to other nations according to circumstances. Have you seen - or can remember - this while playing? While I'm still revising the files of my hotfix I might fix the events.

Is there a remote possibility in which you could add some more new content like events, possibly new nations and so on?

@Khor

While working on the revision of my hotfix I've checked the numbers. Vanilla Ricky allows you to choose between 131 playable nations while VIP:R 0.4 offers you 189 playable nations. The number of events has been greatly increased by VIP:R 0.4: it offers you 17,094 events compared to 2,236 events of vanilla Ricky.

update:

The French config files have have been extracted and included in my revised config files. Only the Italian translation of Ricky is now missing. I'd be nice adding it, too. Sadly we don't have an Italian forum here at Paradox' forums so it seems that I might have to visit some Italian web pages. OTOH work on the event files has come down to a crawl over the last month.

@tvset

Have you applied my workaround to fix your missing flag issue for Scandinavia? Did it work for you?

This might also happen to other nations according to circumstances. Have you seen - or can remember - this while playing? While I'm still revising the files of my hotfix I might fix the events.

Yes, I have applied Your workaround and it works perfectly. Also I didn't encountered no Issues with other nations flags just SCA.

Great work, cheers