• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter II

The brewing pot starts to boil to finally erupt into a great European war.

Cpt Easy
Over and out

p.s. I had some comments on the narrative stuff after the first chapter. There's still some in this chapter but will then decrease as I felt it slowed down the pace too much. If you think differently, please let me know.

Much better than the first, imo. I liked the part about the strategizing and guessing what the axis are up to, where the Germany army is, where the Italian fleet is... basically the guessing and thinking aloud bit.

(OT: There was a ladies voice, who was that?)

An early DOW by Italy. Have you had any luck picking up what the Germans and Italians have been building? I'm curious what Italy concentrated on building to give the Duce enough confidence to make an entry a bit early than usual.

Nice chapter. An early Italian DOW, very interesting... and it's good that we will see action soon!

IMO you should consider using a more natural tone of voice for the narrative parts. ATM it's too theatrical and reminds me of a father reading something to his children... which I guess you may well be doing, but with different source material :lol:. Maybe experiment a little and see what results you will get.

Much better than the first, imo. I liked the part about the strategizing and guessing what the axis are up to, where the Germany army is, where the Italian fleet is... basically the guessing and thinking aloud bit.

(OT: There was a ladies voice, who was that?)

Good to hear. That's also the direction my own development have led. Oh, I protect the identity of my female actors ;)

An early DOW by Italy. Have you had any luck picking up what the Germans and Italians have been building? I'm curious what Italy concentrated on building to give the Duce enough confidence to make an entry a bit early than usual.

Yeah, that mean an early "stab in the back" boost for the USA. No - no really telling intel on the Axis build queues yet, but it will come. The only stuff I have seen is what you expect - some panzers, planes and infantry.

Nice chapter. An early Italian DOW, very interesting... and it's good that we will see action soon!

IMO you should consider using a more natural tone of voice for the narrative parts. ATM it's too theatrical and reminds me of a father reading something to his children... which I guess you may well be doing, but with different source material :lol:. Maybe experiment a little and see what results you will get.

Thanks man. Yeah - this is all experiment.

Chapter III

The war is now in full swing and the Allies seem to get a little bit more than they bargained for. But the Allies have a plan...

Cpt Easy
Over and out

I'm interested in the Italian opening moves there and I don't quite follow why the Italian army was left with so much militia. Will it be kept for anti-partisan operations or something like that later?

The videos are getting better and it's always nice to see plenty of action so early on!

The Italian attack may be a feint to lure the Allies to Southern France and make the attack on the Benelux easier. The biggest risk of the early Italian entry is the possibility of losing the bulk of the RM, so the Italian player should guard his navy well.

Last edited:
I'm interested in the Italian opening moves there and I don't quite follow why the Italian army was left with so much militia. Will it be kept for anti-partisan operations or something like that later?

Now, I think Italy has all that from the start in the -38 set up. My spy reports has not detected any militias in their production queue. But hopefully the Italian player can enlight you. Militias can be useful for Italy as cheap coastal defense. They can buy some time and give attackers attack-delay.

Welcome!

The videos are getting better and it's always nice to see plenty of action so early on!

The Italian attack may be a feint to lure the Allies to Southern France and make the attack on the Benelux easier. The biggest risk of the early Italian entry is the possibility of losing the bulk of the RM, so the Italian player should guards his navy well.

Thanks. Yeah, the third chapter is sort of when I found the right flow in the production. Yes, Italy is a little bit vulenerable as long as France is around - but the pressure on France will also increase significantly.

I was always curious: What if Allies would evacuate all Polish troops from Poland to France before Germany DoW Poland? It would make conquering Poland easier and faster, but conquering France harder and slower. In overall, would it be better for Allies or not? Not mentioning that Polish troops could be in future evacuated from occupied France for future operations.

I was always curious: What if Allies would evacuate all Polish troops from Poland to France? It would make conquering Poland easier and faster, but conquering France harder and slower. In overall, would it be better for Allies or not? Not mentioning that Polish troops could be in future evacuated from occupied France for future operations.

We have HRs stopping a minor from giving all of their troops away as exps. Also, if Poland is completely incorporated into Germany, all exps will disapear - so there is a risk there.

I think that's forbidden by HRs and rightly so. Can you imagine the whole Polish army packing their bags and going on a trip to France while leaving their own country completely defenceless? Gamey as hell.

Reactions:
I think that's forbidden by HRs and rightly so. Can you imagine the whole Polish army packing their bags and going on a trip to France while leaving their own country completely defenceless?

Maybe in an episode of Monty Python

Last edited:
Reactions:
I am surprised Germany didn't have any units protecting the coast.

Well, we have seen this strategy before. In the 1938 cenario, Germany is usually very hard pressed until Poland is defeted. The area around Hamburg holds some IC but is not extremely strategic in 1939 as it is a dangerous place for Allies to stand. The Wehrmacht can strike back so fast and so hard. Still, with no defense at all you give UK some space for creativeness. In this case - with Italy already in the war I thought it far too dangerous to do something daring around Hamburg and thus, Germany's tactic of leaving it empty paid of pretty well.

I am wondering: After HoI4 release, will you continue doing Carnages in Hoi3 or Hoi4?

Sooner or later I will transfer to HoI4 - if its not complete trash which I highly doubt - but as we are a multiplayer gang it's important that HoI4 is playable for that. If it's too many bugs we'll have to wait until its properly patched. But future will tell. As I have been playing HoI3 since it was released, through all the patches and versions, I am quite eager to test something new. And HoI4 seem good enough for me, so far.

The Noble Carnage - Chapter 4

The Allies are unleashing their ambitious counter-operation to throw back the Italians.