• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
pinkus-pils said:
another option to hausser as chief of the army could be model. that way the army would still be in command of themselves instead of an SS officer.

That makes a lot of sense, the army/SS argument... :)

And I can really understand The Hohenzollern plan.. most of the army officers who would be actors in a coup would not really want to be the figurehead themselves, becoming a new Hitler... if the more traditional-minded officers made the rules I could clearly see them considering putting the Hohenzollerns back.

Obviosuly, to start introducing democratic reforms in the midst a war would not be really sensible (to understate!), nor probably in line with the political values of most of the coup-makers.

But probably most importantly - the old royal house as an symbol of national unity would indeed have great value for stability after the overthrow of such a strong symbol of the current system as Hitler was.

The officers putting in the new leader would naturally want to make certain that he remained a figurehead leader, with a strong cabinet under him making the real policies.

Kind of like a return to the Bismarck era. I see lots of obvious reasons why many of the army officers would be extremely nostalgic about that system.