• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okay.... to catch you all up on the expansions of a new Roman Empire, ruled by the Greeks.....

ByzantineUniform.jpg
England, I see your Red and raise you Purple! (Byzantine Soldier Cira 1830)

Current Emperor:
KingOByzantiumandallthatotherShit.jpg

Previous Emperors (From Most Recent to Most Not Recent):
Romanos.jpg

Michael.jpg

Bartholoaios.jpg

Andronikos.jpg

Konstantinos.jpg

New Territories:

Vohlyna.jpg

Vohlnya

Turkmenistan.jpg

Turkmenistan

TunisandCyrencia.jpg

Tunis and Cyrencia

Russia.jpg

Russia (This is what happens when Volga takes the Urals then invades Vladimir who has an alliance with the strongest nation in the world.... :eek:o :cool: :p ;) )

ProvenceandCatalan.jpg

Provence and their Occitan Orthodox leaders....

Orania.jpg

Orania (Where my shock troops are deployed from....)

NapoliandTunis.jpg

Napoli and Tunis

Morocco.jpg

Morocco, ruled by the Emperor's third Nephew, a russian.... weird....

LatiumandCroatia.jpg

Latium, Roma is ours again! As is Venice... a beautiful, Greek city....

Iraq.jpg

Iraq, cuz we needed the oil...<cough>oh-oh... to liberate them :D

Iberia.jpg

Iberia, what little remains anyway....

Georgia.jpg

Georgia (I wish I was in dixie, hoo-ray; hoo-ray!)

GaulandProvence.jpg

France, Provence and Southern Holland (Which is entirely mine along with Oldenburg and Friesia)

CyrenciaMinor.jpg

Cyrencia Minor

CyrenciaandCyrenciaMinor.jpg

Cyrencia Major

Crimea.jpg

Greek Crimea and Bohemian Crimea (Don't ask cuz I don't know)

Bohrussia.jpg

Bohrussia (Most is either French or Russian)

BahreinandIran.jpg

Damman and Bahrein

Current Pope:
KingOSweden.jpg

Last edited:
Whew! That's some Empire. And what a bunch of crackpot loonies the Emperors have been.... Well done playing with that lot!

Dead William said:
Whew! That's some Empire. And what a bunch of crackpot loonies the Emperors have been.... Well done playing with that lot!

Well, at least they lived for a while. The average lifespan of my monarchs is rapidly dropping with boy-king after boy-king.

Dead William said:
I just took England by force and all of Iberia other than Valencia (same shape as picture above). It was fun, Ionnes died, and his son died.... so now I've got a 12 year old Emperor and for some reason, all my provs are going heritical and none are coming back.... even though the last two Emperors had both been arch-bishops....

Yeah another weird thing is my second Emperor, after Konstinious, married his daughter to Magnus Billung in Saxony, and now that whole chunk of Germany (it later revolted away) is rulled by Greek Catholics and some provs are Greek. Griechischdeutschland!

Last edited:
Hehe...
Up to 1237
Let's see, Germany, raped anally and otherwise. :rolleyes: :cool:
Took the rest of switzerland and Schwabia, Upper Lorraine. It was easy, a civil war followed by a change of monarch (revolter won the civil war) made it easy to pound them. Too a few more provs in Iberia, mainly those islands and the two southern most provs of Valencia. The Horde appeared, then was taken back. The Il-Kahnate appeared, but is not growing as fast as in my Moldau game. I'm preparing to either invade:
Hungary
Austria
Wales
Fatmadid
Swedish Italy or
All of them at once :rolleyes:

Other than that; Most of southern Spain is now Orthodox, about half of that Greek. 80% of Northern Africa is Orthodox, 20% of that Greek. 10% is Catholic, 50% of that Castillian. The other 10% is Sunni/Arab.

There were a few quick revolts following the wars with Germany, Fransconia (Former King of Germany), and Schwabia. Mainly all in the Balkans, one in Russia.

That's this day in Byzantium

Last edited:
Very short Update:

I'm in 1156. I have expanded some more, I've added King of North Africa and King of Lithuania to the list of kingly titles. Problem is that the current King is still an infant, which is not so problematic if not for the fact that his piety is rapidly decreasing. Each time I go to war, one of my vassals steals the siege so gaining Piety that way is difficult. I find it a little strange in the game that they expect a ten year old to go on a crusade. Plus it's annoying that the fact that one, after conquering most of North Africa and Tunisia, as well as liberating parts of Spain and Italy from the Muslims, gets little credit for that, they just keep demanding more crusading. Sure you gain piety when you conquer something pagan or muslim, but that little bonus is gone before you know it!

Another problem that I have is that I get mostly females as courtiers. I once assasinated them all except for the useful ones, saved, reloaded, and got again mostly females. I could *really* use a diocese bishop right now.

I managed to wrestle in my King as the heir of Poland, now let's hope he survives his grandpa. I assasinated the only son of the Polish King before I took the eldest daughter as bride for my heir, and the King of Poland retaliated against somebody else :-D

Well, it's some 11 years later now in the game and I'm now also King of Tunisia, with prestige 2200+ and piety 400+, so all is well again! This one finally seems to be healthy, allthough his wife is a leper. Nonetheless, she's still fertile and willing enough to produce children and has so far produced 2, with 1 coming up I believe.

So, I've played until 1177. I had to take down an excommunicated Duke, causing much internal disorder. I revoked two bishop's titles. Three counties have defected. I was forced to grant the 9-year old heir a title. Oh, on of my bishops became pope, and took with him Sicily, a number of provinces in Africa and, most importantly, a county in Croatia. No, I'm not the papal controller, and this new pope found it pleasurable to excommunicate an infant. Indeed, the duke of Slavonia, which I started this paragraph of joy with.

So, sounds bad maybe? Well, I did wipe out the Turkmen and Emirate/Sheikdom/whatever of Zaragoza and added King of Cuman to the long list of titles.

I have only dukes now as vassals, and about four duke titles created but not granted. The King of Poland is nearing seventy, when he dies I will be able to create King of Bolgar as well, because Poland will be inherited by King Rupert and with it a significant part of Russia/Bolgar.

Hehe...
Orthodox, no crusading.... :D :p
My Pope doesn't do anything because he isn't affected by the Papal Ai (being the king of sweden) so nothing happens. And there is no Papal controler, ever. The Papacy is a thing of the past in my game.

Its soooooo beautiful!

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Hehe...
Orthodox, no crusading.... :D :p
My Pope doesn't do anything because he isn't affected by the Papal Ai (being the king of sweden) so nothing happens. And there is no Papal controler, ever. The Papacy is a thing of the past in my game.

Its soooooo beautiful!

Well, I'll try orthodox one day, but crusading is not that bad if you've got it planned out. This being my first real game of CK I still knew little about crusading and so I did not plan it very well. The biggest problem with crusading is not having your King leading a siege. Vassals can then steal it, as you know, and rake up the piety (and prestige) for their own. The only real way to counter this seems to me to mobilize all their regiments as well, then keep them away from the fighting. Obviously, this can cause difficult loyalty problems, especially when you have a bad rep.

At the moment Rupert is severely injured, but I have 325 piety so it will take quite some time for that to drop to 0. Until then, there are many other sources of piety to exploit.

My next emperor in-line is German :rolleyes: :D :cool:

So I gave him a cool German name, well, title anyways.

Happens to be he (and his son) are both named Adolph :rolleyes: , so I changed the father to Adolph I von Navarrien (he's the Prince of Navarre-Toledo) and his son is Adolph II.

I'll let a few more emperors croak then post a huge update... :eek:o :D :p
Heil Rom!

Grundius said:
Do you still have elective law then?
First post, no. I pass the Empire on to my strongest son or grandson, nephew etc...

The Story of German Emperors:
See, one of my Emperors wed a German orthodox from Kärenten (my vassal for +/- 70 years) and his first son was a Greek by the name of Kyriagos (or something like that....), but he died at five months, the next son was Konstaninos, who was clubfooted giving him a low military score... and his dipolmency was low so I only gave him a count title in Iraq. Next was Adolph (Adolph I von Navarrien), German from his mother and his martial and diplomatic scores were both high, so he got four provences and two ducal titles in Iberia (so I could lower my provence number and regain some efficency (max is 30 I had 36 after invading muslims in Iberia, I gave counties out until I was down to 19, giving room for expansion)). Due to the high martial status and the huge fiefdom he controled he was next in line for the Empire.
Since Germany is run by Normans and most of the nation converted to Norman, that makes Byzantium the most German of nations... :D :cool:

Both hordes have been crushed utterly and completely. It gave me the chance to invade large parts or northern and central Persia, though I haven't claimed the kingly title thus far.... But my intentions in Persia have been completed, and after taking the renegade German Duchies, my German border is situated.

Most of Germany is Norman, well.... all of it really other than Saxony which keeps switching between German, Greek, and Frankish depending on who's in charge.

Three provences in Italy remain out of my control, though I doubt it will last very long. I have vassalized Smolnesk, giving my several titles, including Duke of Prussia (which I gave to an Orthodox count in Kurs and the King of Lithuania (which will be another one of my EUII vassal-kings along with Russia).

Valencia is still holding out against the flood of Orthodoxy, but I am getting ready to bump them off the map. Hopefully, my Gaulian divisions can crush their hold in Brittany and my Gibralter/Sevallia army can finish off their homeland.

Plans for invading Dracia (Hungary) and Ægypt are still on the drawing boards.

Last edited:
Mr. Capiatlist said:
First post, no. I pass the Empire on to my strongest son or grandson, nephew etc...
Oh okay. Indeed you said that. Elective law is not useful for human players. Suddenly you're an Emperor, next thing you know, you're a count.

Mr. Capiatlist said:
The Story of German Emperors:
See, one of my Emperors wed a German orthodox from Kärenten (my vassal for +/- 70 years) and his first son was a Greek by the name of Kyriagos (or something like that....), but he died at five months, the next son was Konstaninos, who was clubfooted giving him a low military score... and his dipolmency was low so I only gave him a count title in Iraq. Next was Adolph (Adolph I von Navarrien), German from his mother and his martial and diplomatic scores were both high, so he got four provences and two ducal titles in Iberia (so I could lower my provence number and regain some efficency (max is 30 I had 36 after invading muslims in Iberia, I gave counties out until I was down to 19, giving room for expansion)). Due to the high martial status and the huge fiefdom he controled he was next in line for the Empire.
Since Germany is run by Normans and most of the nation converted to Norman, that makes Byzantium the most German of nations... :D :cool:

Both hordes have been crushed utterly and completely. It gave me the chance to invade large parts or northern and central Persia, though I haven't claimed the kingly title thus far.... But my intentions in Persia have been completed, and after taking the renegade German Duchies, my German border is situated.

Most of Germany is Norman, well.... all of it really other than Saxony which keeps switching between German, Greek, and Frankish depending on who's in charge.

Three provences in Italy remain out of my control, though I doubt it will last very long. I have vassalized Smolnesk, giving my several titles, including Duke of Prussia (which I gave to an Orthodox count in Kurs and the King of Lithuania (which will be another one of my EUII vassal-kings along with Russia).

Valencia is still holding out against the flood of Orthodoxy, but I am getting ready to bump them off the map. Hopefully, my Gaulian divisions can crush their hold in Brittany and my Gibralter/Sevallia army can finish off their homeland.

Plans for invading Dracia (Hungary) and Ægypt are still on the drawing boards.

Isn't it Ægyptus in Latin? Sorry, I had to say it ;)

Grundius said:
Oh okay. Indeed you said that. Elective law is not useful for human players. Suddenly you're an Emperor, next thing you know, you're a count.

Isn't it Ægyptus in Latin? Sorry, I had to say it ;)
So is Gaul and Dracia; the formal language of Byzantium was Latin, though most people spoke greek naturally.

Okay, game.... The year is 1295; I have invaded Valencia, and taken that, also Hungary which was a wild ride. Most of Central Iberia is German :wacko: , unlike Germany which is Norman.... Orthodoxy has spead up through Provence and Bourgone into Milan and Switzerland, and through most of Spain. Wales also fell to the Purple Horde :cool: .

Parts of Sweden have also defected to the purple horde through both dipolmency and heirship, though no war has been declared against the aging psycho (maniac and schizo) in charge of the Papal State.

Bohemia and Poland went for the scraps of Seljuk Turks, but to no avail....

Iraq is now mostly Orthodox, Bagdhad is German, making Iraq, Irak, though no provences of mine have changed to German.... damned....
Provences in England have changed to Greek or German, though only one is Orthodox (Durham)

Constant revolts (of other's vassals) have made controling the country difficult (just as in Rome's case) and plans include dividing the empire in two... though I doubt I will do this...

Last edited:
Grundius said:
Well, that led to no good in history.... :D
The plan was to give the next heir the titles so the empire would re-unite, then he'd give it to his heir.... that way the empire would stay together....

Dead William, did your empire die too?