• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Update 2 till 1096

Year 1076:

6 provinces Rostov, P.Z., V.L., Narva, Reval, Livs. Income: around 28.5 Manpower 2250

4 kids. Three sons, 1 daughter eldest son’s scores are not so good, second son’s are quite good, third son’s are more than promising… Wouldn’t you just know it. Inheritance is Semi salic.

Wait a year to gain some measure of insight. See Kiev go to war against the tribes of the north. See Kiev lose. See Kiev pay big indemnity. See Kiev go to war against Poland two months later. Go to war against the somewhat diminished forces of he Northern Tribes. Conquer northern tribes. Lay claim to the title of Galich, wonder why I did such a damn fool thing.

Provinces taken from the northern tribes and handed out to various counts:

Bjarmia, Samoyeds, Ugra, Syrvi, Hlynov, Veliky Ustug. Incomes so low they would make a cat laugh. Three have no hill forts. Create the title Prince of Bjarmia.

Consider my Options. Decide to go for the title king of Lithuania instead

Wait a year> Go to war against tribes on the Baltic. Conquer Galindia, Yatvagia, Podlasia, Scalovia, Sambia, Zhmud, Aukshayths. Create titles: Prince of Podlasia, Hlynov (up north)

See how Poland takes two provinces from Kiev, then goes on to conquer several Lithuanian tribes. Dad dies Inherit:

Pereyslavl, Smolensk, Vladimir, Vyazma. Prince of Pereyslavl, Smolensk.

Consult the great map by Farquharson. Weep bitterly as I realize I can no longer take the throne of Lihuania merely by conquering Pagans.

Lay claim to title of Moskva.
Conquer Moskva, which used to be dad’s then became an independent Principality. Create Principality of Moskva.

Alaexandr, eldest son, starts growing up. Look for a wife. Notice the daughter and no male heirs of the prince of Galich, Efrosinia, daughter of Yaropolk. Marry same when she turns 16. Realize I forgot to check the inheritance law. Salic Gavelkind…. Curses!!

Start scouting in the east, see how the land lies for the expansion there. Pronsk has lost all it’s original provinces and has taken over a county. The Tribe of Cuman is frighteningly big and strong. Luckily dad never used his armies.

A child is born to Alexandr and Efrosinia: Ko’zma. He is so far down the line I am higher in the succession.

Go to war against the Eastern Tribes. Conquer two chiefdoms of one province without the Tribe of Cuman acting. Efrosinia pregnant. Check on the war that has started again between Galich and Belezeroo. (Formerly Kiev, they gave it up to Galich in the last war) Notice a silhoute in the succession of the court of Galich. Check Succession laws with trembling fingers. The old man has gone semi-salic (probably to prevent the monarch of Belezeroo from inheriting: Severely wounded, ill, inbred, just begins to describe him. Galich is still the heir to Belezeroo. Send an assassin. Take a hit in prestige, but the guy dies. Pray to the gods of gaming and murder Alexandr. (He is an amateurish pettifogger, he will not be missed) Alex dies for the Glory of Rostov! Assassinate Yaropolk, prince of Galich. Ko’zma succeeds. I am now Ko’zma’s heir. Ko’zma should learn not to play with sharp objects… Oops, too late…

Now hold 14 princely (ducal) titles, which have little use until I reach kingship. Start a war with all I’ve got against the Emirate of Ural> wonder why my number of Russian provinces does not rise, realize I am conquering the lands of Bulgar. Conquer all the Emirates, create the corresponding duchies. Go fight Cuman. Spend five years fighting. Luckily the Cumanites lost lots of men against Pronsk, Hungary and the Byzantine Empire, conquering Sinope, the moldau area, and most of Hungary. After five years, declare oneself king of Rus. This happened in December 1095

1096- Now king of Rus, have created numerous principalities and the prince of Pronsk has sworn allegiance. Created the Kingdom of Bolgar as well. ( I wanted Rus as my first title)

Mr Capiatlist: Kudos on how far you've gotten with Meath! Those provinces have a serious manpower and wealth shortage. On the whole I'd say you were doing better tahn me, game wise. Anyone can win with this many pagans around....

Grundius be careful of BB, it can get you into more trouble than you think.... Nice game so far.

Dead William said:
Grundius be careful of BB, it can get you into more trouble than you think.... Nice game so far.

Yeah, I almost lost a vassal to it, when personality + reputation was too much of a hassle for this guy. I managed to get out of that, but now I try to keep the rep on at most "tarnished". I have +800 piety or so, so BB is reduced quite quickly. Also, I create lots of vassals, rarely keep a ducal title for the King.

Roight....
Time for some Meath/Ireland updates.
Boy have I had an interesting 60 years!
So, what Ireland does is move into Wales, two vassilizations and an annexation. After taking the Duke of Gwyen, we give it back to its former holder. I know, I known; I'm a softy. Then we decide to regain what those Roman bastards took from us and invaded Britanny and Normandy (England lost this). I give my bastard son the title of Brittany and move on in to the countships of the Former French Kingdom, which is now Hammadtid. There are two major Dukes left, The Duke of Burgundy-Flandre and the Duke Pitou-Bordeux (Who is my cousin-in-law or something like that.... :rolleyes: ). So, after taking what is the EUII equivilant of Maine, we take a break by invading Iceland. The Republic is ours! Then some interesting stuff:
Germany takes one of the English provs next to Wales, so I decide it is a good time to invade that prov. The war is quick because Germany was weak from wars with Poland, Italian break-aways and Prussia. During this time, I vassalized Burgundy-Flandre, giving me an invalluble hold in France to stop the Muslim advance.
Next comes the big scha-bang. I guess that my cousin, Duke of Brittany (son of the Bastard) married his eldest daughter to the aging Duke of Pitou-Bordeux. The Duke dies when his son is only 1, and is already sick. The Duke dies giving the land to his son. The son dies and gives all the land to the Duke of Brittany (Now the Duke of Brittany-Pitou-Bordeux). So, the King of Ireland-Wales becomes the King of Gaelia-Gaul (France).

I think it is the best marrige I have ever seen :D . So, now that I control most of France (the prov of Orleans (EUII) is still muslim as is the one under Auvengne (EUII)).

After a few years I am getting bored again, so I claim the throne of England, why not? The Grand Armies of Gaelia-Gaul march out into English territory and start fighting the remnents of the English army.

England had just been in a series of wars including some against Germany, Norway, Scotland, Denmark, Sweden, Venice, Ireland :cool: , Poland and oddly enough Denmark again.

Within the first week of fighting, my Marshal commits an act of cowardice, my King is slain on the battlefield and the Grand Army of Dublin has been destroyed. Well.... time to call up the rest of the divisions....

A month in, Bedford is taken, Savorie is taken (without bloodshed), Essex is being sieged by the Army of Nantes and Kent lays in Ruins. Northumberland was raped by the elements of my Scottish Army and the Army of Iceland sieged, took and held on to Bristol. Over-all the war was one-sides though the English held on to their soil bravely. The English had no choice but to give over their titles which I redistributed among the English Earls. (DUCHIES FOR EVERYONE! O'BRIEN FOR KING!). Now I must deal with the after affects of tarnishing your name....

The year is 1187.... there hasn't been a crusade yet!
Oh.... and there is no Pope. The Papal states disintegrated and then was invaded by Arabs. The situtation is Pope-less...

King of Minors said:
That sounds very sucsessful, but I am slightly concerned about you not getting further time wise. ;)
What do you mean? This is the fist time I've played since my last update was in the last two days!
Also, how'd you get 5/6 of Henry's soul?

Mr. Capiatlist said:
What do you mean? This is the fist time I've played since my last update was in the last two days!
Ah well, time gets very strange on the forums. Nice going.
Mr. Capiatlist said:
Also, how'd you get 5/6 of Henry's soul?
I advertised anonumous' AARs in my signature, netting me 700 anonymous points, and I wrote an update for the "fear Russia AAR" netting me 2000 anon. points, the_shy_kid gave me 500 anonymous points, in return for getting one sixth of the soul, so with the 3200 anon. points I purchased HvK's soul, and gave 1/6 to the_shy_kid.

Nice break in getting France and having no crusades whatsoever! I need to keep conquering Muslims to prevent the rest of the world from seeing mee as a heretic!

Grundius said:
Nice break in getting France and having no crusades whatsoever! I need to keep conquering Muslims to prevent the rest of the world from seeing mee as a heretic!
I just attack the weak muslims in France. This is about the same thing that happened in my Moldau campaign, and is now happening in by Byzantine game I am playing (it will go from 1066 to 1948, but I am not making it an AAR).
In the Byz game, the muslims took Brittany (similar to the Moldau game) and are working on southern France. The big different is that I am taking away much of northern Africa.

Edit:
How do I change "Colonel" to "Prime Minister of the LNA"?

Last edited:
King of Minors said:
If it isn't immediately obvious in your CP, then you can't do it. :D
Are you sure you have been a member for 550 days?
I know that rule, but I thought 1,000 posts put me over... o-well.... only 6 more months....

Now I can change it, weeeee!

Last edited:
Here are some screenshots from Hungary in 1135:

European Holdings:
1135hungary1oz.png

Holdings in the Central Med:
1135med8uj.png

Holdings in Mauretania:
1135nwafrica1mz.png

I'm building up an African Empire and gain lots of prestige and piety. Piety will be lost with the new King, yet I intend to use the prestige to buy as many titles as I can, so future generations can benefit (even if that "future" is played out in Eu2). After I conquer every African province not held by the Fatamids and kick the Muslims out of Italy, I intend to invade Iberia and create a number of Kingly titles. Goal is to make the Mediterrenean the "Gulf of Hungary". This will require mayor wars against Byzantium, the Fatamids and Seljuk Turks, as well as the IllKhanate I guess. That's why I want to build up strength in the west to conquer the east. Let's see where it ends, and, most importantly, what I will keep after the conversion. If I take the Med, grab a chunk of the middle east and all of North Africa, EU2 might not be much of a challenge, but it will still be interesting to play, I reckon.

CRASH OF THE GREAT RUS!~~!!!! Insert swear word of choice here

Well, the title says it all I am afraid. After a very succesful war against Poland, the marriage/multiple assasinations murder of yet anopther son inheritance of Sweden (a very small sweden due to the presence of a large Islamic Norway :wacko: ) and a moderately succesful war against Byzantium in that it cost me the life of two successive kings in battle but gained me the title Emperor of Byzantium, my game has taken a very nasty dive in the quicksand that is ctd crash. I was playing so intently that I forgot to save, so I was dependednt on Autosave, you get the picture. :( I have sort of lost heart with Rus, my last save game being 50 years ago (it was a very long night :D )

With permission from my inestimable opponents and partners in crime therefore I humbly ask their permission to start a new game as Britanny. Otherwise I will carry my heavy heart into the fray and conquer Byzantium all over again.....

Dead William

Dead William said:
With permission from my inestimable opponents and partners in crime therefore I humbly ask their permission to start a new game as Britanny. Otherwise I will carry my heavy heart into the fray and conquer Byzantium all over again.....

Too bad to about the ctd! Well, if you want to restart as Britanny it's fine by me. I had my fair share of reloads this game anyway, so... Good luck!

Grundius said:
Too bad to about the ctd! Well, if you want to restart as Britanny it's fine by me. I had my fair share of reloads this game anyway, so... Good luck!
No argument here.
You've had CTD'ss, well I've had LOI.... :rolleyes:
I want to see this islamic norway though...

Islamic Norway

islamicnorway3ag.gif

Well, here's a pic of islamic Norway in its infancy. All of Southern Norway Orange and red is islamic Kingdom of Fatimids red, sheikdom of Cairo orange. The other red is what is left of the Crown domains of Norway. In the later game all that is Norway, parts of Denmark, all of Iberia and half of France were islamic, but the king of England and myself were launching a major offensive at the time of my CTD....And the Fatimids were collapsing. Later in the game Norway was made up of numerous small independent sheikdoms. It was really weird.... :wacko: But sorta cool too!! :D

I tried to paly the county of Viscaya instead of Rus, then got 3 ctds, all after the king of Castile made me duke of Castile (which was nice of him anyways... ), so I gave up on the single province county and am now playing the duchy of Brittanny. I will post an update after the first 40 years or so, I have to catch up here....

IMHO Brittany is a nice place to start. Lots of warring Kingdoms andd muslims around you! Good luck. Only problem might be the lack of easy-access Pagans.

Grundius said:
IMHO Brittany is a nice place to start. Lots of warring Kingdoms andd muslims around you! Good luck. Only problem might be the lack of easy-access Pagans.
I guess you could join up with France and their crusading, but that means joining the French for GOd's sake!