• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well good luck to yah! I still think you should have taken the county of Holland but hey! It's your game :D

So historically it's bad luck, but in the expression it means good luck? Well, Irish luck to yah then! (Pick one ;) )

The first two updates should be interesting....

Unification, England, Wales some Papal Deposing, some Excommunicating.... ah.... good times good times.... Time to brush up on my Irish Gaelic.

Erin go Bragh!

As said in my Burgundy AAR thread, I had a ctd with Bourgogne. I was in 1095 or something. Now the savegame is corrupted :(

I'll check back later with my final choice of nation.

Well started out as the Duchy of Österreich (henceforth named Austria for ease of reference). I am now in 1080.

I've conquered quite a few Pechenegs. So many in fact, that Ernst Duke of Austria is now also Duke of Wallachia, a title which I created. I also have Belgorod, plus the original provinces of course and claims on two Hungarian provinces. I play at normal/normal, but allow myself the occasional reload, since I'm still getting to grips with all the mechanics.

So far the game is quite fun, allthough getting prestige up is sometimes a slow process. I am also not very skilled in getting many inheritances of other counties and such. The most annoying factor in the game is the Liege lord. Sure I need Heinrich when Hungary's time comes (at least at first, until I have usurped King of Hungary) but not when dealing with the Pechenegs. Had it not been for him then Ernst would have been Duke of Moldau as well. The game needs the EU2 dialog box about calling upon allies (liegelords in this case) but I guess that is all what feudal times were about: you pay your liege for "protection"...

One point I don't really understand yet: why can't I arange marriages with countesses? There is a 21 year old single countess in Moldau. I could not offer a marriage to that court. Why is that? Surely those people got married as well?

Update on the race: I am now in 1113, and I have just taken the title of King of Hungary for myself. I now rule the starting lands of Österreich, 20 out of 29 Hungarian provinces, Belgorod, Slupsk, Danzig, 3 out of 5 provinces of the Duchy of Prussia. Now I just have to worry about my piety....So officially I am now playing the Kingdom of Hungary :D

Grundius said:
Update on the race: I am now in 1113, and I have just taken the title of King of Hungary for myself. I now rule the starting lands of Österreich, 20 out of 29 Hungarian provinces, Belgorod, Slupsk, Danzig, 3 out of 5 provinces of the Duchy of Prussia. Now I just have to worry about my piety....So officially I am now playing the Kingdom of Hungary :D
Is someone cheating?

Okay, here's what's going on in Meath....

So, first, we move against the Duchy of Leinster, which is also the Duchy of the Western Isles. So, after about 5 years, we take both titles, and Laigin. Then we move against Ulster, and a short war ensues. The title of Ulster is now held by Meath. Soon there after we move against Munster, and that war quickly boils over into a international war between England and Munster vs Meath, Denmark and Sweden.

After taking Munster, the Kingdom of Ireland is founded. We vassalize the smaller Welsh Duchy, and the county next to it. We invade Connaught in order to unify the entire island. The war is quick.

After a change of monarch and a few years of building up, we support the Duchy of Lancaster in its war with England. Lancaster is vassalized, and Cornwall is invaded. At the end of the war, we took the tiltles Count of Cornwall as well as Duke of Cornwall.

Plans for further expansion into Britain and later Brittany are formost on the Irish expansion plans.

The year is around 1140, but I haven't played in a while.

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Okay, here's what's going on in Meath....

So, first, we move against the Duchy of Leinster, which is also the Duchy of the Western Isles. So, after about 5 years, we take both titles, and Laigin. Then we move against Ulster, and a short war ensues. The title of Ulster is now held by Meath. Soon there after we move against Munster, and that war quickly boils over into a international war between England and Munster vs Meath, Denmark and Sweden.

After taking Munster, the Kingdom of Ireland is founded. We vassalize the smaller Welsh Duchy, and the county next to it. We invade Connaught in order to unify the entire island. The war is quick.

After a change of monarch and a few years of building up, we support the Duchy of Lancaster in its war with England. Lancaster is vassalized, and Cornwall is invaded. At the end of the war, we took the tiltles Count of Cornwall as well as Duke of Cornwall.

Plans for further expansion into Britain and later Brittany are formost on the Irish expansion plans.

The year is around 1140, but I haven't played in a while.

About time you post man ;) I now have I believe 4 Dukes and 2 Archbishops as my vassals. I am moving into Nothern Africa, and currently have prestige/piety of 1800+/400+ As for the huge prestige - I took out the Arpads, finally. They held Duke of Pecs, Pest, Szechefar and Pressburg. They also had claims to Hungary of course. So I took them out and as now their titles were up for grasp, I created them all... And gave all but one to my vassals. I do not know if that is the way to go however...

Can anyone tell me how I take out thieves' guilds and how I squash revolts? With revolts I mean if a province gets the trait... Thanx in advance.

Last edited:
Grundius said:

Can anyone tell me how I take out thieves' guilds and how I squash revolts? With revolts I mean if a province gets the trait... Thanx in advance.

Wait and build Court of Justice for the Thieves guild, for Revolt just wait for an event to pop uo and then give in to their demands.

Lurken said:
Wait and build Court of Justice for the Thieves guild, for Revolt just wait for an event to pop uo and then give in to their demands.

I was hoping for something else, but thanx anyway. These are the ways I already found out, I was just hoping for faster ways.

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Is someone cheating?

No, why?

I just grabbed all the titles and took em in war! I have 7 Dukes as vassals and 2 Archbishops. With all the titles within Hungary, the baltic duchies and my home duchy I found it surprisingly easy.

I just focussed on conquering Wallachia first (after Heinrich King of Germany stole Moldau from me), declared myself Duke of Wallachia and went on from there.

Finally here!

Right,

finally here! RL and my other AAR got in the way, also I failed to notice the PM send to me. So it was my first, don't ask. :eek:o

The game will be march 17th beta, since I don't want more than the usual risk of crashing the game that currently supports my England AAR. Sorry.

The place will be the county of Rostov, the first time I've played a nation in that part of the world. I have no idea what's going to happen, but waht the hey.

The first real update will be a little later tonight. If the server doesn't crash or is too busy. Sorry about that too!

D.W>

Rostov- The continuing Challenge

Gameplay:

Reloads. I do not reload to get better results. I reload when something happened and I have no idea what and I can’t find it in the event file. (But I keep a save from just after what puzzled me, so if the puzzling thing was a mistake on my part I continue the game there

I save every three months or so and when something totally cool happens. I always return to the most recent save. (So if I attack a Byzantine vassal and get clobbered, I’ll have to find a new weak county to play, I can’t go back to a save file before that arrant stupidity)

Like I said, the place is the county of Rostov. I wanted to play in this area, never having done so before. I also wanted to see how Orthodoxy played in march 17th. I had no previous knowledge of the abilities or descent of the Ruler or the country, except my historical knowledge of the area.

Two provinces. Rostov and Pereyslavl Zalesky. (P.Z.)

Vladimir is a minor at the start of the game, 13 years old, Just, Wise, Court education. Statistics: Martial 8, Diplomacy 11, Intrigue 8, Stewardship 12

Income at start of game: 7, adjusted to 3. No improvements except hill forts.

Liege and father Vsevolod Rurikovich, Prince of Pereyslavl, Smolensk and Yaroslavl. Count of Pereyslavl, Smolenks, Vladimir, Vyazma, and Niyzhni Novgorod.

I am this man’s heir (I did not know this at the start of the game. I also thought the count was an adult, since his vignette showed him as such)

Lots of Rurikoviches about, owning amongst others Galich and Kiev (principalities) Also lots of Pagans and infidels waiting to be conquered, one of the main reasons I chose this area.

My original idea: Get the kingdom of Rus united.

-When I started playing: started forestry in P.Z. Appoint courtiers while game is paused. Courtiers include TWO MALES!!! One even has a martial of 8. The other sucks. The female makes a good chancellor, the 1st male becomes steward, the second spy master. I will appoint a marshal when I need one.

Check how many provinces it will take to make Kingdom of Rus. 66% of 61 = 41 or so.
See the principality of Rostov listed. Check how many provinces that takes. Rostov and P.Z. Curse profusely. Start saving money.

Buy the title. Gain some more courtiers. Appoint courtiers to appropriate positions.

Wait till the ruler comes of age, build some stuff, save a little money. Find a wife.

Vladimir comes of age. He becomes a Grey Eminence. Make a little dance for joy.

New stats: 8, 16, 9, 12.

Marry of said Vladimir. Marry the wrong girl by mistake. 4 4 4 10, silver tongue instead of 6 7 8 10, court education.

Wait a while. See how Princedom of Kiev gets it’s but kicked by Tribe of Livonia. Livonia conquers Velikiye Luki. Heir to Kiev is a zero stat inbred. Watch how principality of Pronsk gets its but kicked by various tribes and chiefdoms.

Gather the armies. Lead armies against Tribe of Livonia, conquer Velikiye Luki and Livs. Attack Chiefdom of Dorpat. All remains silent. Conquer Dorpat. Attack Chiefdom of Estonia. Conquer Estonia, Estonia moves to Reval, conquer Reval. Establish the idiot male as count of Dorpat to increase prestige and to get rid of him, also because 6 is the maximum number of Provinces I can hold without efficiency penalty. March armies home, disband, and wait for further developments.

edit: This update ends in 1076

OOC:I shouldn't talk about the server crashing do not tempt fate more than you have to. Bad Dead William, bad!!

Edit: Hopefully more tonight, ijs en weder dienende.

Last edited: