• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mr. Capiatlist said:
I guess you could join up with France and their crusading, but that means joining the French for GOd's sake!

Conquering the french however.... :D

Mr. Capiatlist said:
That works too..... :rolleyes:
Build a Gaelic Empire (Ireland, Scottland, Cumberland, Wales, Brittany), even make a tag for it and switch to it once you've taken them all! :rofl:

Making a tag. Now how did that go again? Anyway, first 12 years played, update... NOW!

BRITTANY OR BUST! Building a Gaelic Empire

Brittany: Income about 5 ducats a month
Ruler Hoël de Rennes. Harelip, ugly as sin
One son, Alain
Wife, Living 33
No other children
Demesne: Vannes, Nantes, Cornouailles
Three vassals

Appoint officers of state. Build some forestry. Wait. Check out neighbours. Duke of Poitou has one daughter, 14. No other kids, looks pretty good. Save money, set time to very fast, murder wife, wait for Agnes of Poitou to grow up. Marry said Agnes. Agnes is a scholarly Theologian. Agnes gains the trait lustful. Court full of kids, here I come. A son is born. Murder Alain, so young Herman can inherit Poitou. Wait. Wait some more. Build. Crusade against Jerusalem. Well whoop de doo. I am the duke of Brittany, not the king of France. Offer to become crusader, all ills will be healed. There goes my harelip. I gain the battering ram advance. I check Jerusalem: No alliance, 540 men! I muster my forces and set ship for Jerusalem. Nick siege from some Swedish count. Conquer Jerusalem. Piety City! Also the richest province in the realm. Disaband army. Watch huge overdraft glumly. Calling of general estates. Treasury is now 11. Wait. Wait some more. Watch courtiers die like flies from old age. All except my mad/ill /ancient dioces bisshop, who survives all. Duke of Poitou kicks the bucket. Herman inherits. Wait for pope to die so I can start excommunicating. Duchy of Catalonia is conquered by Kingdom of Zirid. Lay claim to title king of Aragon. Wait some more. Sleep. ZZzzzzzz.

Dead William said:
Making a tag. Now how did that go again? Anyway, first 12 years played, update... NOW!
Go into the CB files, find "World Names" Change one of the uXXX tags to "Gaelia" and make a shield for it (taged the same) then go into the prov files and set under the kingdom row the provs that should be held to make this kingdom.

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Go into the CB files, find "World Names" Change one of the uXXX tags to "Gaelia" and make a shield for it (taged the same) then go into the prov files and set under the kingdom row the provs that should be held to make this kingdom.

Thanks! I did it once, long ago, for EU2, never yet for CK. First of course I need a royal title...

Mr. Capiatlist said:

Of course, when you do this, you might have some problems after the conversion to EU2.

La douce France is ruled by a hardcase

Wait some more. (Gotta love Medias Res) The pope is one tough old bastard who just won’t die. Use a few shreds of Prestige and claim some minor titles. Then, suddenly without any warning, King Hoël kicks the bucket and becomes king Hole. (Bad pun) Herman is now King of France and a friggin’ minor! Two weeks later Young Herman resists his forced abdication and kills some dude in his court. Nothing much happens. I hold on to the personal demesne, even though the underage king can’t administrate them all. Two years later, nothing much has happened in between, some building and stuff. Hey, A Ruler is forced to abdicate event! Bye bye Spymaster! Six month later and A ruler is forced to abdicate event! Bye bye new spymaster. Ummm. Two Weeks later. Guess. It’s a pity Herman’s intrigue skill doesn’t rise because of this… Save and load, otherwise my court remains empty and I am down on courtiers. Interven in a vassal/liege conflict. That was fun! A crusade is called against Alexandria! Gee Whiz! I am 12 years old, what do you expect of lil’me?

More building. Intervene in another vassal liege thing. Let’s skip this. Herman is sixteen and becomes a fortune builder! Wheee!!! Now if his high martial brother turns out halfway decent, cool! Get married to some de jimenez girl with nice stats and a chance for little de Cornouialles to inherit Castile?Leon, if anything is left after the Sheikdom of Cordoba is finished with them.

Alexandria still hasn’t been conquered. This is good. I have been saving up for this! Ruler is forced to abdicate! There goes my marshal! Well, his brother may be ill and depressed, but he is bloody well going to lead the army! I go to Alexandria. The King of Fatimids is currently of fighting some Danish count. I don’t mind. I conquer Alexandria and various other places, all the way down to Nubia. I claim the title of King of Egypt. I go home. I use F12 to kill of a muslim in my court!

(this is the only cheat I allow myself, as I understand they were supposed to automatically convert to the religion of the court they join. If I am mistaken, I will stop doing it)

The ill, depressed marshal gets better! Hey, this is good. Ruler is forced to abdicate. Yet another spawned spymaster dies! The marshal looses his depression too! Groovy, 12 marshal skill! And he is of the family too! Come on little genes!

The adventure in Egypt has left my forces sadly depleted. Not to mention the treasury. I decide to hang back and relax for a couple of years. Aragon is about to fall to the Sheikdom of Niebla? I move in some troops, declare war. Then the King of England attacks the county of Vermandois. The duke of Champagne declares war on England, you get the drift. I am now at war with England. I have not a single claim on any English possession what so ever. Bummer. The war is long, bloody and unpleasant. I have ordered a grand mobilisation. Half my active troops, some 6000 men run around France protecting my domain. Some 5000 besiege various castles. I have another 5000 or so in reserve.I have too little Prestige too claim much, but I claim Arques. England’s nobles keep declaring war and then offer peace two days later, this happens the entire war through. I need help. The Pope dies. (The same one Hoël was waiting for…) I become papal controller. The new pope has 300+ piety and –19 prestige. He also has a very low intrigue skill. What’s his successor like? Q#$Q#$^&*!!! 265!! PRESTIGE!!! The pope dies, long live the pope! But I am discovered! Who cares, I still have plenty of piety and prestige. My reputation takes a hit. See above

The king of England gets excommunicated. Oh dear, I wonder what he did. I claim his entire demesne and his crown for less than I paid for Arques. God must love Herman. Ruler is force to abdicate. Didn’t you hear me? GOD LOVES HERMAN! The Pope says so! The pope calls for the peace of God. What? I give in. Heretic is a bad trait to have. Luckily Robert of England has no such compunctions. At least, we are still at war. I lose most of my army in France due to continous attacks. I raise my remaining vassals 5000 and go to war. My marshal dies! I name my brother marshal at age sixteen. The little so and so didn’t study and can barely hold a sword by the right end. A battle is fought. The marshal becomes valorous. He also catches something nasty from a camp follower. So far Herman only has daughters. And Alexander is the heir. Marry Alexander to a nice Byzantine girl in line for three, yes three, principalities! (I call that inbreeding!) She’s three years older, but who cares.

After capturing and recapturing Hampshire and Dorset for a while (several years) I finally take Robert’s last province and his demesne and Crown. My army has been just about decimated, my Egyptian provinces are in revolt, I have been paying through the nose to convert them. My reputation is very bad. My first born son has kicked the bucket, No children yet from Alexander. I feel a country cousin coming up… Hmmm. I am not yet thirty, plenty of time. I grant some titles and wait for the unrest to die down. Warwick declares war! Lancaster declares war! The newly created duchy of York declares war! What? You’re my mother! I make peace, without retaking a single title. I figure they will be back once my rep improves. I will post some screenshots, part three and the current date tonight. If anyone reads this before then: Any guesses as to the date?
:D

Edit: Oh, and I took Urgell, the duchy of Spanish Marches and the title King of Aragon from the king of Aragon, leaving him nuthin' :p

Last edited:
I say screenies Dead William! Btw, how do you pay to convert provinces? And what is the problem with having Muslims and/or Pagans in your court (I know I have, and I have no problems from them for piety/prestige/reputation, the only problem is that I have to send my marshall (A Pagan) away before every siege completes (I once had a vassal Chief of Corsica because of this.. I dowed the chiefdom immediately and because the army that captured Corsica was still under arms, the pagan was still my marshall and helped me capture his own province back from him :rofl: ). Is there btw a way to release vassals like in EU2, I mean, without dowing them? Say, you have a county as vassal far away that you want to get rid of?

Grundius said:
I say screenies Dead William! Btw, how do you pay to convert provinces? And what is the problem with having Muslims and/or Pagans in your court (I know I have, and I have no problems from them for piety/prestige/reputation, the only problem is that I have to send my marshall (A Pagan) away before every siege completes (I once had a vassal Chief of Corsica because of this.. I dowed the chiefdom immediately and because the army that captured Corsica was still under arms, the pagan was still my marshall and helped me capture his own province back from him :rofl: ). Is there btw a way to release vassals like in EU2, I mean, without dowing them? Say, you have a county as vassal far away that you want to get rid of?

1) The clergy or the nobility wants to convert a province and want financial aid doing so. They fire more often for provinces with power set to the max for either group.

2) Which is one of the problems. My biggest problem is that it is largely unhistorical. I don't mind heretic events, but I want them to be for heretics, damn.

3) No way that I know of. Usualy I just ignore far of provinces I don't want. This tends to work out quite well, since they often revolt away.

Due to an unfortunate error in Word no update tonight, but tomorrow morning/afternoon. With screenies. :( DW

La douce France: under the Celtic fist!

First some screen caps: The extent of the Kingdom of France, formerly the Duchy of Brittany.

europeanpossessions9xe.jpg

Europe I also gained the duchy of Swabia with England (Duke of Swabia and Gloucester)

egyptnubia0kf.jpg

The middle east

Mostly I have been allowing my armies to recuperate. Then I decided to move against the Sheikdom of Alcantara, which had seven provinces at that time, including Toledo, Badajoz and Cordoba. Most of these lands are now mine. Toledo was a crusade target. I have finally got some heirs, two boys with Herman and two with Alexander. I once again have to wait for my armies to recover somewhat. I have, through the kind offices of the pope and the conquest of the Iberian provinces, claims on the titles of King of Castile and Leon, King of Germany, Burgundy and Italy. The year is now 1108

I intend to go after Germany first, leaving the county lands in the house of Franken and then do the same with Leon\Castile.

Sorry for the short update, DW

Does anyone mind if I switch to my Byzantine game, I am having more fun doing it because for me it is more intersting. I'm already past 1200 on it, and have regained much of the Roman Empire....

Just a suggestion.... :eek:o

PLEASE??!!

140 years in 40 seconds:

Okay, so the Dukas' descide that Byzantium is theirs so we switch the sucession laws to go to the strongest son (or grandson) of the ruler disreguarding those tracing their relation through a daughter. (No name changing!)

We start our happy little game a shame of the former glory of the Roman Empire. We will not stand for this. So we start a happy little war in Syria, and Invade all Greek Orthodox provences in Muslim hands. Then we wait.......

Few years later we push into Croatia.... wait.....

Now back into the Suljek Turks wait....

Then we invade Tangires, Morocco, the Canaries, Granada and a large portion of Iberia.... Wait.....

Apulia..... wait......

Italy and Burgundy as well as the Low Lands are taken from Germany........ Hehe....

Catalonia..... Then ahhh..... We invade Sweden, cuz they own the papal lands (The Swedish King died, heired the throne to his son, the pope, now the Papal lands are a blood monarchy.... under sweden) We take only Roma (for moral reasons).....

VENICE!

Sicily and Tunis....

Cyrencia

Hamatid

Iraq.... good times.....

Russia..... Yeah that's ours too......

Pisa......

Georgia.....

Emir of Volga....

France! Oh was that fun! We march from Orania to Ide le France... pow-puh whama-bama! Then they was Ypern so we take that and force them to make us King of France! Bwuhahahahahaha!

The Empire still has a few holes in it.... mainly in Italy (Sweden), Istra, Southern Germany, Hungary, Iberia, Britanny, Britannia..... Iraq has a few holes..... then Egypt....
----------------------------------------
In EUII terms, I'm huge; control 50% of European and Middle Eastern Markets.... have three vassals: Russia (big also, but weak), Volnhyna (Small and weak, but good tactically), and Prussia (French Catholics in the Baltics (Weird))

Hmmm... Such a game could never make it to Hoi2 unless you do next to nothing in Eu and Vicky! So it's all about WC in 1819 huh?

Well, it's looking good, but I'd like some screenies. Is there a pope still? This by the way, means go right ahead with Byzantium

Grundius said:
Hmmm... Such a game could never make it to Hoi2 unless you do next to nothing in Eu and Vicky! So it's all about WC in 1819 huh?
Once I hit the boundaries of the Roman Empire, my European thirst would have been quenched. In EUII and Vick, my plans our to colonise America and India.... HoI is to finish the world off.....

The pope is the swedish king
Their title is
"King of Sweden and the Papal States"

Mr. Capiatlist said:
Once I hit the boundaries of the Roman Empire, my European thirst would have been quenched. In EUII and Vick, my plans our to colonise America and India.... HoI is to finish the world off.....

The pope is the swedish king
Their title is
"King of Sweden and the Papal States"

OK, good to know that! Thanks