• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They see the same language and far worse on tons of other sites. It's too late, their innocence is shattered forever because someone said a no-no word. Adding a filter here accomplishes nothing except annoying people.

So back to the constructive part and how to make it work better...

The filter redacted the sentence "Some tend to put them in bad spots." However let "bad' "spots" "bad spots" "put in" "put them in" "Some tend to put them in" all through.

I can't make sense of why the sentence as a whole is redacted, but none of the parts are. I even tried the sentence again after all the parts in case I misspelled something, still redacted.

Like the game itself, I suspect the language filter will be improved over time. And just as our Moderators do a yoeman's job maintaining a healthy BATTLETECH forum community, the BATTLETECH language filter helps maintain a healthy in-game experience. Before I had children I did not fully appreciate and value the community contributions... the community safeguarding performed by Moderators and in-game Language Filters. The fact that HBS has taken steps to limit hate speech and profanity is to me a sign of mature, responsible game development.

Thank you, Team HBS. :bow:

Last edited:
Like the game itself, I suspect the language filter will be improved over time. And just as our Moderators do a yoeman's job maintaining a healthy BATTLETECH forum community, the BATTLETECH language filter helps maintain a healthy in-game experience. Before I had children I did not fully appreciate value the community contributions... the community safeguarding performed by Moderators and in-game Language Filters. The fact that HBS has taken steps to limit hate speech and profanity is to me a sign of mature, responsible game development.

Thank you, Team HBS. :bow:
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires, seek discipline and find your liberty."
Frank Herbert.

They see the same language and far worse on tons of other sites. It's too late, their innocence is shattered forever because someone said a no-no word. Adding a filter here accomplishes nothing except annoying people.

And perhaps those folks that provide for a Games Rating and perhaps a Language Filter may be one of those things those Rating type folks like to see in any Game that seeks a certain Rating for thier Game... But it is way more likely that the Dev Team just puts them in to annoy their paying customers... ;)

And perhaps those folks that provide for a Games Rating and perhaps a Language Filter may be one of those things those Rating type folks like to see in any Game that seeks a certain Rating for thier Game... But it is way more likely that the Dev Team just puts them in to annoy their paying customers... ;)
There was a language filter on the previous HBS forum. There's a language filter here. Neither is subject to a ratings board, which I have literally never heard of rating based on potential human interaction.

I see no reason to think the language filter in the game is there for any reason other than them wanting it there.

Greetings Mechwarriors,

Please consider: Expressing one's criticism or opinion in a respectful manner is appreciated as it helps inform the entities of community interests as they make decisions going forward, even when the respectfully phrased criticism or opinion reflects an unhappy feeling. However, it's not the same behavior as consistently posting the same negativity repeatedly in the same thread or especially across threads. Thats what would lead to such being either opinion spamming, or trolling others depending on context.

Also: Community members are welcome and encouraged to express respectfully phrased criticism and negative opinions, but not to make it personal or wage a campaign in doing so.

Sometimes the how of a message is the problem, not the why of it. In this case there are community members that I would encourage to please consider the how of communication in posts moving forward.

If your perspective on this issue has been heard and documented then Please take a break on it for now, as excessive hammering on it by some has crossed over into opinion spamming asexpressed above.

Thank you.