• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If there is a thing more horrible than the Necronomicon that is for sure the Mediterranean Portraits DLC. :wacko:

Eerie stuff. This will end badly!... but for now lets enjoy an excellent AAR!

If there is a thing more horrible than the Necronomicon that is for sure the Mediterranean Portraits DLC. :wacko:
I'm going to scare you even more - I also bought the Russian pack :p

CHAPTER 3
1116-1121

Chronology of events
c.700 AD - Abdullah al-Ḥaẓrad (عبدالله الحظرد) leaves Sanaa in Yemen and starts his mystical quest for forbidden knowledge
730 AD - Abdullah al-Ḥaẓrad writes down his findings in the book Kitab al-Azif while in Damascus
738 AD - Mad Arab disappears; seized by invisible demon suffers horrible death as the legend says
c.950 AD - Kitab al-Azif was translated by Theodoros Philetas of Constantinople and is named the Necronomicon after its opening words
1050 AD - Ecumenical Patriarch Michael I Cerularius orders most of the copies of the Necronomicon to be burned; Manuel Angelos is born
1077 AD - cataclysmic battle of Manzikert leaves the Empire broken and defeated
1081 AD – ambitious doux Alexios Komnenos seizes the Golden Throne and becomes the Emperor of Romans
1085 AD – Konstantinos Angelos, firstborn son of Manuel comes to this world
1095 AD – pope Urban II calls all faithful Catholics to regain the Holy Land from the infidels
1099 AD – the Holy City al-Quds is recaptured and becomes once again Christian; the Kingdom of Jerusalem is born shortly afterwards
1101 AD – the Empire celebrates the twentieth year of Alexios I rule
1102 AD – Manuel Angelos and Alexios Komnenos both die; the story begins…
1109 AD – Konstantinos Angelos is elected the leader of the princely faction
1115 AD – Konstantinos Angelos performs the blasphemous ritual using his brother's eyes taken from him the same year
1116 AD – Ioannes the Wise dies; the new Basileus, his son Bardas I, is a newborn child
Dramatis personae
ANGELOI
Manuel I Angelos (1050-1102) – founder of the Angelos dynasty, the first of the Angeloi to find the Necronomicon and learn it secrets
Konstantinos II Angelos (1085-…) – doux of Samos and the firstborn son of Manuel
OTHERS
Abdullah al-Ḥaẓrad (? - 738)– also known as the Mad Arab; writer of the Necronomicon originally known as Kitab al-Azif
Alexios I „the Great” Komnenos (1056-1002) – Emperor of the Romans and the founder father of the Komnenoi dynasty power; restorer of the falling Empire
Ioannes II „the Wise” Komnenos (XXX-1116) – son of Alexios, benevolent Basileus who died from illness while on campaign against the Pechenegs leaving the Empire to his son Bardas
Bardas I Komnenos (1115-…) - grandson of Alexios, child-Emperor is an easy pray for his political enemies

Ankara, 1116 A.D.

I'm not the only one to find an opportunity in a weak rule of our new Emperor – the infidels decide to attack our eastern borders. Megas logothetēs quickly finishes negotiations with the barbarians and our forces are immediately transported from the Pechenegs territory to the east. Heathens flood Asia Minor as a black tide, leaving only death and misery. The sole thought of the Romans ruthlessly butchered or raped is enough to fill us with anger. And so we march with a grim determination.

vtz99NR.jpg

Even I can't escape from this gloomy atmosphere – during the last battle I was so enraged that my soldiers had to stop me from killing the prisoners we took. Despite being outnumbered, I lead my bandon to victory. I'm a hero to this man, however I can't stop thinking about the big picture – who would support me against the Emperor during a conflict like this? I have to change my strategy for the time being.

Chios, 1117 A.D.

The war is over. I order the assembly of our faction on Chios. Here, safe from the spies on this small rocky island, we can discuss our next moves without fear of being compromised. And I'm going to persuade them to do the bold thing. I don't need any pagan tricks to do this – my position is secure enough to lead them without using the black book.

DNTGZSF.jpg

x517Wq2.jpg

Chios, 1117 A.D

Curses! How come they did this? I was so close, one vote from forcing the Emperor to weak his grasp on the all noble Houses. I shouldn't have hesitated to use the dark arts! I will never make this mistake again. Now all my plans are in ruin – I have to come up with something quickly, the Emperor's rule is stronger with every year.

4ABff8B.jpg

In my anger I decided to kidnap my nephews. It wasn't wise although I managed to do this without being discovered. I can't allow anyone to oppose me – maybe I can't lead the douxes but surely I won't let anyone to challenge my reign here.

Smyrna, 1118 A.D.

TQ3BSEe.jpg

Another tragedy strikes me when my wife dies while giving birth. Does the God turn his back to me? Why everything is falling apart? I'm becoming desperate. The Necronomicon contains some ways to change my misfortune but if I do this, there is no coming back. I don't know what to do.

Smyrna, 1118 A.D.

nzDf7FC.jpg

I was on the verge of using the rituals when the news came – the megas logothetēs was accused of treason and executed, probably after losing in a dangerous court scheme. To my surprise the Basileus decided to offer me this position. I thought the Komnenoi will be wiser than that – apparently my long and loyal service during the recent wars finally comes to fruition.

Constantinople, 1119 A.D.

It's good to be in the City again. I always enjoy the view from this palace - this truly is the capital worthy of the Empire. Using my new position I arrange a lucrative marriage for my son, who is now of legal age. This will allow us to gain more land in the next generation.

23HMQlj.jpg

But there are more important things to do – I have to quickly build my influence in the capital and build my own faction. I have a few ideas…

Constantinople, 1120 A.D.

Everything is going great. I've gained a support of few douxes for my son's claim on the Golden Throne. My wife's death wasn't that bad after all – her claim as a daughter of Alexios has passed to Manuel. And speaking of her – may she rest in peace – I've decided that I can legalize my relationship with my lover Anna. Why not? After all, I think I really love her. Or do I? I've noticed that I have some problems with sleeping every time I read the Necronomicon – is it possible that the horrors described in this book finally started to affect me? I need to relax and she can help me with it.

lmwn3A8.jpg

What's more important, I've finally meet someone who is going to help me with my plot. This was a hard decision but I'm doing this for the greater good of my family and also the realm – after all, he's just a child. Sooner or later somebody will try to do this anyways, so at least by doing this myself I can be sure that the timing will be right for my cause. Or am I just rationalizing? This will be a horrific crime against the laws of men and God, I know that. But it's too tempting and too easy to resist. The future generations will thank me – after all, didn't the great Alexios seize the power as well?

ZIZ9tK2.jpg

The key person to my success is Mayor Michail of Trigleia. He's not a very talented schemer – they are much bigger fishes then him in a turbulent and dark waters of Empire's politics. However, he managed somehow to become the Master of Whisperers of the Basileia Rhōmaiōn. Thanks to his position he's a priceless asset in this game. We will strike soon – then, after the Emperors death I'm sure that in the chaos someone will rise against the throne. It is inevitable – the first in line to inherit is the older sister of Bardas, Eirene. And who will listen to the child-Empress? The fire of a civil war will soon swept the Empire. And this is the best part of my plan: if the rebels start to win, I'll join them and help them to overthrow the Basilissa. But if the Imperial Army is stronger in this struggle, I will support the Empress and as a protector of the realm I will surely be rewarded. And then, who knows, maybe I will be powerful enough to put my own son on Golden Throne? This is a masterpiece and it's completely foolproof – I'm proud of myself. If you ever read this, my son, know that I'm doing this for you.

On a road to Smyrna, 1121 A.D.

I'm lost! Pagan or not – gods, have mercy on my soul!

HfiElyV.jpg

Everything is ruined! The Alan hunter with a soft heart – who could anticipate that?! And we paid him so well. He's probably dead by now – I'm hoping that the Komnenoi are without proof, but even if so the rumors are already circulating. If they tell her that it was me who murdered her brother, my whole dynasty is doomed! Why, oh, why I thought that the arrow will be better than poison? I don't have much options – my enemies will gladly help me drown. As soon as I reach Smyrna I will have to make the toughest decision in my life. I can only hope that I will choose wisely.

• 1Like
Reactions:
CHAPTER 4

Chronology of events
c.700 AD - Abdullah al-Ḥaẓrad (عبدالله الحظرد) leaves Sanaa in Yemen and starts his mystical quest for forbidden knowledge
730 AD - Abdullah al-Ḥaẓrad writes down his findings in the book Kitab al-Azif while in Damascus
738 AD - Mad Arab disappears; seized by invisible demon suffers horrible death as the legend says
c.950 AD - Kitab al-Azif was translated by Theodoros Philetas of Constantinople and is named the Necronomicon after its opening words
1050 AD - Ecumenical Patriarch Michael I Cerularius orders most of the copies of the Necronomicon to be burned; Manuel Angelos is born
1081 AD – ambitious doux Alexios Komnenos seizes the Golden Throne and becomes the Emperor of Romans
1095 AD – pope Urban II calls all faithful Catholics to regain the Holy Land from the infidels
1099 AD – the Holy City al-Quds is recaptured and becomes once again Christian; the Kingdom of Jerusalem is born shortly afterwards
1115 AD – Konstantinos Angelos performs the blasphemous ritual using his brother's eyes taken from him the same year
1116 AD – Ioannes the Wise dies; the new Basileus, his son Bardas I, is a newborn child
1118 AD – Konstantinos Angelos becomes the megas logothetēs for the second time
1121 AD – Bardas I Komnenos dies, murdered on the orders of ambitious Konstantinos
Dramatis personae
ANGELOI
Manuel I Angelos (1050-1102) – founder of the Angelos dynasty, the first of the Angeloi to find the Necronomicon and learn it secrets
Konstantinos II Angelos (1085-…) – doux of Samos and the firstborn son of Manuel
KOMNENOI
Alexios I „the Great” Komnenos (1056-1002) – Emperor of the Romans and the founder father of the Komnenoi dynasty power; restorer of the falling Empire
Ioannes II „the Wise” Komnenos (XXX-1116) – son of Alexios, benevolent Basileus who died from illness while on campaign against the Pechenegs leaving the Empire to his son Bardas
Bardas I Komnenos (1115-1121) - grandson of Alexios, child-Emperor is an easy pray for his political enemies; he's murdered on the orders of Konstantinos
Eirene II Komnenos (1110-…) – sister of Bardas and Empress of the Romans
OTHERS
Abdullah al-Ḥaẓrad (? - 738)– also known as the Mad Arab; writer of the Necronomicon originally known as Kitab al-Azif

p6zSMny.jpg

15th day of September, 1121 A.D.

What should I do, what should I do? As soon as they find proof, the Komnenoi will surely send some forces to arrest me. And in this situation they will probably send the Varangian Guard. Even if I manage to escape, they will capture my family and use them as hostages – no, this is unthinkable. I must act now, when I still have the authority not only in Themata of Samos. So what, call my allies and go to war? We are outnumbered, we won't stand a chance in an open field and before our armies merge it will take months. I'm terrified – have I bring doom on us all?

17th day of September, 1121 A.D.

I have decided – we're going to war. My son's claim is strong enough and the Empress rule is weak. I hope that the once we start our struggle, the other factions will seize the opportunity. Responsibility for all the death and destruction will fall on me alone but I don't have a choice. But what if my allies won't respond and leave me alone? I don't even want to think about it. My wife and kids don't know anything yet but they will soon – unlike men, the whispers are impossible to kill.

O8F4Vhp.jpg

My associates aren't my friends but we have a common enemy and a common goal. Doux Ioannes Rallis-Raoul even after all this years still hates the Komnenoi for what they have done to him. He was deeply in love in the youngest of Alexios daughters and he officially asked for permission to marry her. But the Komnenoi decided he's not worthy, leaving him in disgrace and infamy. All he wants is to humiliate them and what's the better way to do this than to depose the Empress? Second doux who is on my side, Konstantinos Kamytzes, has a simple goal – to quickly amass wealth. I promised him a big share from the Imperial treasury.

IDKwWeV.jpg

And the third one – Ioannes I Komnenos, doux of Themata of Thessalonika. I'm still surprised that I managed to convince him to join me. Thessalonika is one of the wealthiest thema in the Empire, but thanks to his ingenuity in the matters of trade and economy today it really blossoms. Ioannes is also very intelligent and well educated and he always take care of the clergy and philosophers. However, as an honest and tempered man he was never able to become kouropalatēs – a position which I of course promised to him. He is my most important ally – his very presence should stop the Komnenoi from the unnecessary bloodshed. They shouldn't attack one of their own after all.

5vtAbyj.jpg

The messages have been sent – now I can only wait and pray.

1st day of October, 1121 A.D.

They have responded! My allies will honor their obligations! I was even able to convince Ionnes Komnenos that all of this are false accusations. Oh God, I feel such a relief now… But the messenger brought also other great news: Mayor Michail isn't even suspected of this crime and he himself leads the investigation. This brings hope – with my men inside the walls of the Queen of Cities I'm not in a such hopeless position. Maybe everything will turn out all right after all?

w6ueqY1.jpg

27th day of October, 1121 A.D.

It has begun. My spies has brought the worrying news – Empress has called the armies from the north. But what is even worse, troops from Moesia and Karvuna are not everything that Basilissa is sending at us. She ordered the forces of Doukas and Kometopoulos to be merged with Arithmos, Imperial tagmata from the Constaninople. Almost 5 thousand men are marching in to the south to capture me even when I'm writing these words.

B29yYLg.jpg

Well, if they want battle they will have it! I'm sending a pigeons to my allies – we shall meet the enemy on the hills outside Smyrna.

13th day of November, 1121 A.D.

They still didn't answer. Why they didn't answer? Hopefully my spies told me that the main forces instead of attacking me went to the west to Thessalonika – I knew that having one of the Komnenoi on my side will be a good idea. But what next? Without contact with the others how am I going to coordinate our movements? We are outnumbered, we need to cooperate or we will perish. My own forces aren't big enough to launch an attack. I need more men!

OXpNn1F.jpg

I can't sleep and I can't force myself to eat either. If I have enough gold, I may use the mercenaries, some barbarians from the north or maybe some Frankish cavalry. I'm more and more convinced that the swords of my allies alone won't bring me victory – but the alternative is too horrifying to consider. I feel terribly alone – my wife believes me when I say that this is just a disgusting calumny, but my sons are smarter than she. And the truth is that I really did it – I killed this little boy…

8th day of December, 1121 A.D.

This is the worst part of every war – waiting. We heard the news about battles in the west but it seems that the Empire doesn't focus on me but instead on the traitorous Komnenoi. Or maybe Eirene just waits for her armies from the islands and Trebizond?

DR80wWg.jpg

Luckily one of the mercenary unit who was surprising the revolts on Rhodos was passing by my lands. I invited them to me and promised a good payment if they join me. However leader of the Russians, captain Iakov is not stupid to fight only for words. He demands gold now and refuses to accept half and the rest in a few months. He's a very leader and brilliant strategos – we fought together against the Pechenegs – but fortunately he's not the bravest one. Only the fear of refusing a service to the side which may win keeps him here, I have no doubt about that. But what could I do? I don't have enough money to hire him.

I'm desperate.

20th day of December, 1121 A.D.

It took me few weeks but everything is finally ready; captain Iakov won't wait much longer. My servants brought me whom I needed – it wasn't easy but in the end Themata of Samos isn't that small. At last she is in my castle – the witch.

tHqjE79.jpg

Of course, only ignorant peasants call her like this. In reality, she's just a member of the Jewish community from Ephesus and – what's much more important – she's trained in the ways of Kabbalah. This esoteric sect – Mekubal, as the Jews call it – uses in its weird rituals something which will come in handy: the spheres of the Qliphoth.

EYM2zZc.png

I have learned from the Book that this esoteric diagram have much in common with one of the rituals which will be most useful to me. This is the last resort for me but I'm out of moves now. She will better agree to help me – there are other ways of… persuasion, naturally, but I need her to cooperate.

EZF6tHj.jpg

I sent my loyal eunuch to the dungeon – poor Theocharistos can as well spend this day in the sun. He has been in the darkness for far too long; I hope it didn't change him into something hideous. Winter solstice begins soon.

To Conjure of Ye Globes

Know ye that the Globes of Yog-Sothoth be thirteen in number, and they be the powers of the Parasite-hoard which are His servitors and doeth His bidding in ye world. Call them forth whenever thou shall have need of anything and they shall grant their powers unto ye when ye shall call them with the incantations and make their sign. His Globes have diverse names and appeareth in many forms.
(… )
The ninth is SEFON. He appeareth like a man with a green face and hath the power to show where treasure is hidden.

Per Adonai Elohim, Adonai Jehova Adonai Sabaoth, Metraton Ou Agla Methon, Verbum Pythonicum, Mysterium Salamandrae Cenventus Sylvorum, Antra Gnomorum Demonia Coeli God, Almonsin Gibor Jehoshua Evam Zariathnatmik, Veni, Veni, Veni!

nrfL7gp.jpg

Hear me! King of Infinite Space! Planetmover! The Foundation of Fastness! Ruler of Earthquakes! The Vanquisher of Terror! The Creator of Panic! Destroyer! The Shining Victor! Son of Chaos and the Void! The Guardian of the Abyss! God of the Outermost Darkness! Lord of Dimensions! Riddle-knower! Guardian of The Secrets! Lord of the Labyrinth! Master of the Angles! God of the Whiporwills! Omegapoint! Lord of the Gate! Opener of the Way! The Oldest! All-in-One! The One by Life Prolonged! Umr At-Tawil! Iak-Sathath! YOG-SOTHOTH NAFL'FTHAGN! Your servant call upon you!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
This AAR definitely needs Human sacrifice.

Oh dear... something tells me our duke won't be fully human if and when he does take the Golden Throne.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm glad you enjoy it! I will try to post next chapter today although I don't guarantee it, it maybe as well tomorrow.

Also, as I said I'm not a native speaker, so if there are any mistakes in the text, please do not hesitate to point the out. One learns best on his mistakes :)

I'm glad you enjoy it! I will try to post next chapter today although I don't guarantee it, it maybe as well tomorrow.

Also, as I said I'm not a native speaker, so if there are any mistakes in the text, please do not hesitate to point the out. One learns best on his mistakes :)

If you insist. :p

I hope that the once we start our struggle, [...] but I don't a choice. > I hope that once we start or struggle, [...] but I don't have a choice.

But I am not native speaker, so perhaps I am wrong.

Oops, stupid typo. I'm using online spell check but it doesn't find everything as it seems - thanks!

Last edited:
CHAPTER 5

Chronology of events
1118 AD – Konstantinos Angelos becomes the megas logothetēs for the second time
1121 AD – Bardas I Komnenos dies, murdered on the orders of ambitious Konstantinos
Dramatis personae
ANGELOI
KOMNENOI
Bardas I Komnenos (1115-1121) - grandson of Alexios, child-Emperor is an easy pray for his political enemies; he's murdered on the orders of Konstantinos
Eirene II Komnenos (1110-…) – sister of Bardas and Empress of the Romans
OTHERS

22th day of December, 1121 A.D.

I died yesterday. When I was performing the ritual, firstly I heard the strange whispers, like I were in some kind of a sunken tomb surrounded by decomposing cadavers who are trying to scream but with sewed mouths. Then all the lights went off and I felt its presence. And then – then I've heard the Voice. And I saw the beast, trying to resemble human shape in some grotesque and terrifying way.

So it is true. The book describes the truth. We live in a world from the nightmares of Mad Arab. Our god and saints are nothing more but a petty idols, insignificant in the cosmic scale while the True Gods are hiding somewhere there. There is no fear left in me – I'm now horribly purified and empty. I know that beyond the veil of our world lies something much elder and horrifyingly indifferent towards us. Did they create it all? Did they set the Sun and Moon on their way around the Earth? Do they still dwell in the deep? Or do the exist beyond the Fixed Stars, which Ptolemaeus describes as the penultimate sphere?

I died yesterday. And now I am reborn as a new man, filled with blasphemy and dark thoughts. Just like Paul the Apostle on his way to Damascus I was strike but not by the Light.

25th day of December, 1121 A.D

We found the treasure exactly when the beast tell us to look. Each solidus is made of pure gold and there are hundreds of this ancient coins here. Whoever buried it, didn't gain much of his foresight.

YIbzQ7C.jpg

Now I can hire the mercenaries. All what's left is to come up with a plan.

15th day of January 1222 A.D.

Our allies are separated and chased by the imperial forces, while the reinforcement which Basilissa called from the east are still on their way. Now it's time to strike, when the path is clear. We have only one chance to win this war – we have to attack the City.

Of course siege is not an option. After countless barbarian invasions the Queen of Cities stands undefeated to this day. Century after century the heathen hordes were crushed just a several miles from the Imperial Palace, each tide of the attackers suffered a terrible fate dying from fire, arrows and sword while trying to breach the walls.

[video=youtube_share;MNMoi5Af1SY]http://youtu.be/MNMoi5Af1SY[/video]​

It is undeniable – Constantinople can't be taken by land. Even if it is possible, it will require tens of thousands of soldiers and months or years. We don't have the number nor time. Attack from the sea, on the other hand...

CqmDpD3.jpg

We will „siege”, with drums and setting the grass on fire we will capture the attention of every armed man inside the walls. Then using our contacts inside the City we will seize the control of the harbor, which will let a few dozens of our best warriors to sneak inside the Imperial Palace and capture the Basilissa. With her us my hostage, the war will be over in no time. Using her as a puppet or putting my son on the throne, I will have victory either way.

Even Iakov is impressed. We will march in a few weeks and put an end to this conflict with one precise strike.

30th day of April 1222 A.D.

After two months the garrison show no signs of weakness of body or mind. All our attempts to kidnap the Empress failed – when our first successful raid let the soldiers to enter the palace, she was never to be found. There few hundred thousands people and several thousands houses, plus countless baths, churches, libraries, gardens and ships in harbors. Every one of our next attempts met the furious anger of the Varangians – our men were hacked into pieces in seconds after the set their foot on the streets.

sbz0vat.jpg

Even the arrival of Rallis-Raoul with remnants of his army didn't help. While we're stuck here, hopelessly trying to starve the defenders, the imperial forces are finishing what is left of other douxes soldiers. I'm spending hours trying to find some solution in the Necronomicon, but all the options require blood of the Komnenoi or of my own family – and I can't go back to Samos. I fear I'm loosing it – even the view of this mighty walls compared to our tiny camp makes me fall into depression.

29th June 1222 A.D.

We're running low on food – ironic, isn't it? The Russians are on a verge of treason and the last news is that the imperial army twice our size is coming in our way. My constant headaches and insomnia transformed into a pale shadow of my former self.

Yog-Sothoth knows the Gate. Yog-Sothoth is the Gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the Gate. Oh, might One, hear my voice and open the gates of this great city!

2th August 1222 A.D.

They have arrived. They are here and they're coming for me. All is lost.

CgDfR9z.jpg

5jBLDvD.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Man, talk about despair. The entire exercise resembled Murphy's Law in action. Nice cliffhanger, though. I'm curious to see what happens next. It's too bad Unaussprechlichen Kulten hadn't been written yet. That may have helped, too... :)

Oh dear, it seems that Yog-Sothoth can't solve your problems. Maybe you've been praying to the wrong Outer God, you might want to reconsider your allegiances =)

On a out-of-character note, I'm curious as to what events you deliberately triggered through the console, such as the Lunatic event, since you said you might do so. Personally, I would never use the console in my games so I don't have to be accountable as to what the game gave me randomly and what I decided to assign to myself - if I was writing a Cthulhu Mythos story, for example, I'd probably just make stuff up through role-playing regardless of whether it actually happened, or somehow contrive what the game gave me into some extension of the Great Old Ones' malice benefaction.

Man, talk about despair. The entire exercise resembled Murphy's Law in action. Nice cliffhanger, though. I'm curious to see what happens next. It's too bad Unaussprechlichen Kulten hadn't been written yet. That may have helped, too... :)
Well, it's just the beginning ;) And yes, things aren't going so well for the Angeloi - OR DO THEY?!

Oh dear, it seems that Yog-Sothoth can't solve your problems. Maybe you've been praying to the wrong Outer God, you might want to reconsider your allegiances =)

On a out-of-character note, I'm curious as to what events you deliberately triggered through the console, such as the Lunatic event, since you said you might do so. Personally, I would never use the console in my games so I don't have to be accountable as to what the game gave me randomly and what I decided to assign to myself - if I was writing a Cthulhu Mythos story, for example, I'd probably just make stuff up through role-playing regardless of whether it actually happened, or somehow contrive what the game gave me into some extension of the Great Old Ones' malice benefaction.
As I said before, only events with bad traits. I use the console because I'm more interested in a story than a game per se, however non of these traits is good for the character. I'm assimilating everything to the story besides that - for instance Kelile Qundi as a Jewish Ethiopian was completely unexpected. I don't load the game as well (like when the first doux dies literally 10min into the game - I was hoping for him to last 10 years or so and he survived only 2), so you can say that the console only adds some flavour. After all it would weird to deal with the "I am Content now" event with a dark story like this :D

Other comparison - instead of just sailing on the waves of game randomness I sometime use a small engine to slightly change course ;)

Thanks! There will be MOAR though I have some problems with my laptop (cooling) and I can't play for longer than 20 minutes :(
But everything should be all right soon.

Mighty Cthulhu is displeased with you because you prayed the wrong God! Quick, assemble a mass in honor to the One-who-dreams and sacrifice some random virgin to Him!