The Necroids Species Pack will release October 29th!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Man who ever thought this up a year ago deserves a promotion. "lets release zombies for halloween!"

Who ever decided that the game doesn't have to be patched for that entire year deserves to be fired.

Now nobody is enjoying necroids in time for halloween because there's nothing to enjoy.

I know it's been a long year for everyone, but just as a reminder: 2.6 and 2.7, and now 2.8 have all come out this year...

Let's not blow things out of proportion. :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
I know it's been a long year for everyone, but just as a reminder: 2.6 and 2.7, and now 2.8 have all come out this year...

Let's not blow things out of proportion. :D
yeah and 2.2 came out 2 years ago. the game's still a mess two years later. i know you had nothing to do with that mess, but that doesn't make it any less annoying that you and the other staff rarely even mention the issues.

blown out of proportion? i don't think peoples complaints are exaggerated, i do wish people could be more polite about it though

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
yeah and 2.2 came out 2 years ago, and you know as well as i do how much of a mess that made of the game. the game's still a mess two years later. i know you had nothing to do with that mess, but that doesn't make it any less annoying that you and the other staff rarely even mention the issues.
Have a look at the tone which the devs getting attacked here in many cases and the amount of demands. If i where a dev, i wouldn't like to answer too. Posts like "when fix" or "fix your shit or no buy" are absolutely no way of a conversation. Sometimes patience is the key. And tomorrow you (and all the ones who complaining) will most likely see many if not all important fixes i think.

@MrFreake_PDX Thank you for taking the risk and doing communication here!

• 5Like
Reactions:
Yeah I'm not willing to wait until we polish this game into oblivion to get new content. Every update for every one of these games has a throng of people pushing bugs that matter to them to be fixed. No matter how polished the game people will complain. I find stellaris to be fun and perfectly playable as it is now so give me more species packs. Balance your new content with fixes and I'll be happy.

Reactions:
Have a look at the tone which the devs getting attacked here in many cases and the amount of demands. If i where a dev, i wouldn't like to answer too. Posts like "when fix" or "fix your shit or no buy" are absolutely no way of a conversation. Sometimes patience is the key. And tomorrow you (and all the ones who complaining) will most likely see many if not all important fixes i think.

@MrFreake_PDX Thank you for taking the risk and doing communication here!
i specifically said it wasn't his fault. i know he has little to no control over the state of the game, i was simply stating my annoyance over the fact that he and the others rarely bother to even acknowledge issues

Reactions:
I maintain a tenuous hope that those monster patch notes have a miracle in them, because I think this is the last hope I have to give to Stellaris.

There are no preorders for this one. Wishlist it though! :D

I don't preorder things anymore. No Man's Sky taught me that lesson.

Reactions:
i specifically said it wasn't his fault. i know he has little to no control over the state of the game, i was simply stating my annoyance over the fact that he and the others rarely bother to even acknowledge issues
I know! This wasn't a attack against you, and the message in here is fore the more agressive posters. The only thing for you was about the patience. They know these issues. And they will fix it if they have a solution. Sometimes this needs time. Sometimes even more. No need to complain anymore ;)

Reactions:
The question for me is. Will the new content enjoyable in multiplayer or will the current meta FMaterialist+Technocrazy+Synth Ascension still stomping everything?

Reactions:
The question for me is. Will the new content enjoyable in multiplayer or will the current meta FMaterialist+Technocrazy+Synth Ascension still stomping everything?
I think that depends what you expect from a multiplayer match. If its PvP, most likely not. Balance was never the focus (at least not equal balance). If you play with friends, maybe in a team and against AI or as a roleplay game with conflicts depending on your ethics and story, definitly yes! It will be enjoyable. The focus here isn't PvP and i'm thankfull for this

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:

I hope they made some balance changes.

I think that depends what you expect from a multiplayer match. If its PvP most likely not. Balance was never the focus (at least not equal balance). If you play with friends, maybe in a team and against AI or as a roleplay game with conflicts depending on your ethics and story, definitly yes! It will be enjoyable. The focus here isn't PvP and i'm thankfull for this

I doubt most players expect perfect balance in Stellaris, just not so ridiculously unbalanced as it still is. It would be fine if they brought the outliers back in line. Materialist are too strong and spiritualist is just a meme ethic.
Egalitarian has nice things like shared burden and utopian abundance, authoritarian has various slaves and worker bunuses, xenophiles can play the Galactic community and federation game, xenophobes have purifiers, militarists have their military bonuses and even pacifists have things like inward perfection and agrarian idyll. Spiritualists have nothing of value, and materialists tech and robot boosts overshadow all the nice things other ethics can offer.
The balance along the spiritualists-materialists axis is broken and because of that even other ethics suffer.

Origins also need a rebalance shattered ring and Scion are too strong and stuff like tomb world or Gaia start are worse than the default origin. If shattered ring had ring world habitability it still were very strong, probably still too strong. Scion needs a additional trigger when certain events pop up and an actual reason why they want to make other empires scions. Currently the only reason is rp. And Gaia origin is just utter garbage. Doomsday has shown they can make harder origins that are fun to play, but Gaia is just a unfun harder start.

Reactions:
I know! This wasn't a attack against you, and the message in here is fore the more agressive posters. The only thing for you was about the patience. They know these issues. And they will fix it if they have a solution. Sometimes this needs time. Sometimes even more. No need to complain anymore ;)
you replied specifically to me, which i interpreted to mean that you were talking to me. no need to complain? the game's mess, of course there's a need to complain

Reactions:
And a bit disappointed there's no new event chains. There's a whole lot of potential for the whole "undeath" thing.
Maybe with the big patch. Or with a later one. In any case , you're right, there is much potential :)

I doubt most players expect perfect balance in Stellaris, just not so ridiculously unbalanced as it still is. It would be fine if they brought the outliers back in line. Materialist are too strong and spiritualist is just a meme ethic.
Egalitarian has nice things like shared burden and utopian abundance, authoritarian has various slaves and worker bunuses, xenophiles can play the Galactic community and federation game, xenophobes have purifiers, militarists have their military bonuses and even pacifists have things like inward perfection and agrarian idyll. Spiritualists have nothing of value, and materialists tech and robot boosts overshadow all the nice things other ethics can offer.
The balance along the spiritualists-materialists axis is broken and because of that even other ethics suffer.
Agreed! Spiritualists should have a new good bonus that can compete with Science/robot bonus. Time will tell, maybe someday it will happen

Origins also need a rebalance shattered ring and Scion are too strong and stuff like tomb world or Gaia start are worse than the default origin. If shattered ring had ring world habitability it still were very strong, probably still too strong. Scion needs a additional trigger when certain events pop up and an actual reason why they want to make other empires scions. Currently the only reason is rp. And Gaia origin is just utter garbage. Doomsday has shown they can make harder origins that are fun to play, but Gaia is just a unfun harder start.
Maybe they are really strong. But thats the fun if you take them isn't it? I don't play Scion because no federations and Ring is quite boring for me. If it is a PvP match why just don't pick it (all players). And in a co-op game i thinks its ok if someone is stronger than the others. It's the same with voidborne. I like it really much gameplay wise, but its very strong and i rarely pick it. Gaia is more ment as a challenge, but not as a hard one if i remember correct. That was stated in a dev diary month ago.

you replied specifically to me, which i interpreted to mean that you were talking to me. no need to complain? the game's mess, of course there's a need to complain
Sorry if this caught you of guard. Didn't want to offend you, as i said. But no, there is no reason to complain about the same thing over and over again! One time is enough if its reasonable and respectfull to the reader. They know about the problems. And they fix it if its ready. That should be enough. The community is partial much more anoying as the state of the game.

Same thing with downvoting of content that isn't exactly wat people want to read... It's simply respektless to the developers (in this case the art team). And you should enjoy what you get and stay to the topic! There are threads exactly for complains. A dev diary about art is definitly not the right place

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
=

Sorry if this caught you of guard. Didn't want to offend you, as i said. But no, there is no reason to complain about the same thing over and over again! One time is enough if its reasonable and respectfull to the reader. They know about the problems. And they fix it if its ready. That should be enough. The community is partial much more anoying as the state of the game.

Same thing with downvoting of content that isn't exactly wat people want to read... It's simply respektless to the developers (in this case the art team). And you should enjoy what you get and stay to the topic! There are threads exactly for complains. A dev diary about art is definitly not the right place
if you only complain about something once and never speak of it again it will never be fixed, if people hadn't complained about the perfomance hell 2.2 was then we would still be playing at 5 fps, these days it's a much more reasonable 10 fps(joke). i do agree with you about how you shouldn't go around downvoting anything that isn't a bug fix. i try to judge a post by it's contents, not the context of it's release. if necroids had dropped pre 2.2 then people would have loved it, these days... just read the replies. i have nothing against the patch itself and what it's doing. i do have a lot against the game's current state and the fact that it has been left like this for so long

Reactions:
yeah and 2.2 came out 2 years ago. the game's still a mess two years later. i know you had nothing to do with that mess, but that doesn't make it any less annoying that you and the other staff rarely even mention the issues.

blown out of proportion? i don't think peoples complaints are exaggerated, i do wish people could be more polite about it though

I should have been more specific, I specifically meant the claim we hadn't updated in a year, when in fact we pushed out 2 major version updates and four hotfixes so far this year.

I will endeavor to be more clear in the future. :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
i have nothing against the patch itself and what it's doing. i do have a lot against the game's current state and the fact that it has been left like this for so long
And i can absolutely respekt your opinion! In a dedicated thread this is absolutely reasonable and ok. For example the performance megathread. That is the correct place for performance issues (as the name says) and complains about it. Same for a bunch of new threads with the actual AI issues and many others. But sadly that isn't reallity. Complains are made everywhere and foremost at the most unfitting places to make the devs feel uncomfortable. Look one post obove of your last one....perfect example.
Let's see what the patchnotes bring today. I would be happy about fixes too, be assured! But not for the price of respektlessness and toxicity or a devteam that doesn't like to discuss with the community, as it atual is. At the core all of us players want the same i think. I hope you can agree with that.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Will give Mr. Freak this. He takes it on the chin and comes back for more.

Appreciation for the continued interaction.

Interested to take a look a the patch notes.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really have no idea why the "7 pages of patch notes!" is a thing that keeps getting thrown around when grekulf has already said there are no major changes coming with the Pack because doing too much was considered too risky to mate with a Species Pack.

So, was the game director confused or are the patch notes a smoke screen?

• 6Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: