The Necroids Species Pack will release October 29th!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox already used some of the Glavius AI mod code and gave credit to Glavius in the patch notes. Paradox shouldn't lock themselves out of using good ideas just because someone else had it first, and they should give full credit to the person who had the idea, as they did with Glavius.

Here are the patch notes in question:
  • Fixed some AI weights for population control (thanks for the heads-up Glavius, you're rad)
  • Fixed the end of year lag when big empires with lots of pops being assimilated convert them into proper citizen (shoutout to Glavius!)

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Any idea if the release is accompanied with forum avatars this time around @MrFreake_PDX ?

Nothing today (edit: as far as I know), but it's looking like this is something we may be able to do. :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Our release stream starts at 5 PM CET :D

Uhm, so why is this info neither on twitter, nor on the twitch shedule, nor anywhere near the opening post of this thread? You made it so that only players digging deep enough into this thread (necroids pun NOT intended) will have a chance to see your release stream? PR to the fullest^^

• 4Haha
Reactions:
well, fact is, if they would do, even with crediting the original autor, they have to do it with autorisation of this autor and afaik this is a difficult option... i know no game where a mod becomes integrated by the publishers/gamecreators/whoever...
There's Civ4 with the AI of its last expansion based on an AI mod. I don't know the details of the integration (whether the modder, who afterwards proceeded to become a Buddhist monk, was actually on payroll for a time or not).

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Our release stream starts at 5 PM CET :D
Uhm, so why is this info neither on twitter, nor on the twitch shedule, nor anywhere near the opening post of this thread? You made it so that only players digging deep enough into this thread (necroids pun NOT intended) will have a chance to see your release stream? PR to the fullest^^
I agree this should be communicated and indicated at the start of the OP.

Reactions:
Agreed, had to relog on my forum account I haven't used in a year tho, so there's that

Reactions:
Any idea if the release is accompanied with forum avatars this time around @MrFreake_PDX ?

This should be a must. Leaving aside the bugs, the state of the game or any complain, Necroids is, art wise, the best Stellaris DLC to date. We need those avatars :D

Nothing today (edit: as far as I know), but it's looking like this is something we may be able to do. :)

And also Necroids badge and Federations badge since we are in that :)
Please? Thank you :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
If stellaris was written in a common programming language, instea dof the "stellaris language" it's in now
Stellaris is written in two languages.

The engine is written in C++ and compiled to x86 machine code, and the scripting is written in the Stellaris-specific dialect of Paradox's quirky in-house scripting language and (presumably) compiled to hardware-independent bytecode.

Moving things out of the engine and into the scripting has an assortment of one-time and ongoing costs which have to be carefully considered.

(And changing what the scripting language is is a "sequel" action, not a "DLC" action.)

Reactions: