• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(61296)

"Look behind you Mr Caesar !"
Sep 28, 2006
THE MOUSE THAT SQUEAKED, A COMEDY AAR

FOREWORD

Where the readers get a glimpse of the sorry state the author's brain is in, and are given one last chance not to subscribe

THE AUTHOR'S FOREWORD

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to my second AAR. The coming after-action replay will be based on a Hearts of Iron 2 Doomsday game, I will be controlling the destiny of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.

Throughout the updates I will do my best to ensure that this most noble of nations, trapped by a cruel fate between great and rival countries, survive the ordeal of the coming war. I will try to bring to life Luxembourg's epic struggle to survive, and to harness the formidable forces that have been unleashed against the Grand Duchy and its brave subjects.

Naturally, as this AAR runs its fabulous course through Alternative History I will also ridicule this puny excuse for a country and make a thousand stinging comments about its size, its government, its size, its royal family and its size. Oh, and did I tell you about its size ?

*phone rings*

- Yes, hello ? Who's this ? The Luxemburger Embassy ? Blast, I didn't know you had one, and look, it's just a comedy thing, see, and...What ? You're going to do what ? With a melon ? Alright, you devious, scheming...yes, yes, I know, I know. Damn you, Mueller, you won't get away with this, I swear.

*hangs up*

THE NEW AND REVISED AUTHOR'S FOREWORD, AFTER A FRIENDLY CHAT WITH THE NICE MR MUELLER FROM THE GRAND DUCHY'S EMBASSY

Good afternoon, laides and gentlemen, and welcome to my second AAR. The coming after-action replay will be based on a Hearts of iron 2 Doomsday game, during which I will be controlling the destiny of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Throughout the updates I will do my best to ensure that this most noble of nations, trapped by a cruel fate between great and rival countries, survive the ordeal of the coming war. I will try to bring to life Luxembourg's epic struggle to survive, and to harness the formidable forces that have been unleashed against the Grand Duchy and its brave subjects.

*snickers*

Naturally, as this AAR runs its fabulous course through Alternate History I will show how Luxembourg laid the foundations of democracy, whose very fabric it has woven in its modern mills, with the help of a brave and dedicated workforce, a clean and protected environment, and of course of an extremely business-friendly fiscal policy devised by the Grand Duchy's Royals.

*rolls eyes*

As a matter of fact, many great inventions have been born here in Luxembourg, such as radio communications, airplanes, penicillin, the explosion engine, and literature masterpieces such as "How to spot Luxembourg on a map without a magnifying glass", by...

*phone rings*

THE AUTHOR'S LAWYER'S AFTER-FOREWORD

Look, people, it's comedy. Any resemblance with the real Grand Duchy of Luxembourg will be bloody unfortunate. For you real Luxemburgers, I mean.

*phone rings*

Last edited:
Atlantic Friend said:
The coming after-action replay will be based on a Hearts of iron 2 Doomsday game, I will be controlling the destiny of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.

I have fond memories of Luxemburg, as they have been the first country I played in HoI 2. It was an incredibly boring and utterly frustrating game. I hope you will fare better. ;)

CHAPTER ONE : AN EMERGENCY MEETING

Where the readers meet Luxembourg's Royals and government, and regret they could not be born Grand Dukes themselves.

Luxembourg, January the 1st, 1936

Wearing in his formal uniform, Prince Felix de Bourbon-Parme was reading the paper that had been inside the folder his aide de camp, Colonel Moreau, had just brought to him. His noble, yet open face half-masked by his left hand, which was slowly rubbing his forehead, Prince Felix was slowly digesting the problem at hand. Sitting all around him in the Great Hall of the Ducal Palace, the ministers of the Grand Duchy remained silent, respecting the Prince's meditation. While his title of Prince Consort of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg didn't entail any real responsibility, he felt it was his duty to help Grand Duchess Charlotte shoulder the responsibilities History had seen fit to burden her with.

Also, as he had quickly discovered, it always impressed the chicks at every embassy party he had gone to.

"Four letters, begin with a "W"... Moves the weathercock" mumbled the prince "Moves the weathercock...four letters"

"Oh, for crying out loud, your Highness !" finally exploded Foreign Minister Joseph Bech. Everybody in the diplomatic scene knew Bech as an ideology-driven crusader, which made him only one step above travelling salesmen and telemarketers. That reputation made Bech probably one of the most feared man in Europe, and certainly the last one to be invited to any kind of fun party.

"It's 'wind' ! See ? Four letters, begins with 'w', moves the weathercock, that's 'wind' !"

Looking up from the crosswords of the "European Grand Duchies Quarterly" January issue, Prince Felix flashed a bright smile at his Foreign Minister.

"My goodness, Bech, it is 'wind' indeed ! Now we're making serious progress !"

"Jolly good work, your Highness ! Now if you may kindly give us your full attention for a while" politely asked Joseph Bech, the Prime Minister, whose optimistic and jovially naive nature made him probably one of the most loved men in Europe, and certainly one of the most schizophrenic.

Joseph Bech, Prime Minister, Foreign Minister, and full-time lunatic.

"Ah, yes, of course" said Prince Felix, as always impressed by Bech's multiple personnalities."I understand you wanted to broach important issues, upon which the future of the Grand Duchy, and maybe of all Europe, might hinge ?"

"Absolutely" said one of the Bechs. "Your Highness, our Duchy is in great peril, as fate has us placed between three countries which are bound to find themselves embroiled in a war soon. First, we happen to be the neighbor of a sinister empire, whose leaders have enslaved millions and whose expansionist policy put European peace at risk !"

"Well, yes" said Prince Felix. "These Germans really are up to no good, and..."

"I was talking about FRANCE !!!" said Bech, slamming his fist on the table and waking up Industry Minister Pierre Dupong.

"France ?" asked Interior Minister Norbert Dumont, puzzled. "My dear Joseph, are you sure your files are up to date ? I'm pretty sure France is a democracy, you see, and..."

"Oh shut up you bleating Francophile !" spat Bech "A democracy, yeah, all right, and maybe you'll tell me the Vietnamese voted to become a colony, too ?"

"Ha ! As if a certified lunatic could tell the difference between democracy and a jar of pickles !"

"Gentlemen, please !" said the Prince, raising his voice, and fighting back a sudden desire to see if 6-across wasn't, per chance, 'Anatolia'. It felt right, although he was a little unclear as to how it could be 'Romeo's star-crossed lover', but maybe there was a little double-entendre somewhere. The Prince didn't like double-entendre all that much, as he sometimes found single-entendre was already difficult enough.

"Anyway, your Highness, as if that monstrous and decadent empire wasn't dangerous enough for our nation, we also happen to have another tyranny as our neighbor. This one is inflicting monstrous treatment on its own population, and has in the past shown a clear tendency to territorial expansion"

"Ah, yes" said Prince Félix. "That's the Germans alright, and I can tell you that at the German ambassador's going-away party..."

"I'm sorry, your Highness, I was referring to Belgium !" said Bech, his eyes glowing with anger.

"Oh. Alright, colonial empire, I can see that. And they did take land from us 100 years ago. But what about the monstrous treatment of its own population, if I may ask ?"

"Sire ! How would you call forcing half of them to speak French for starters !" bellowed Bech.

"All right, this time you're going to get a big bloody nose, you German bootlicker" bellowed Norbert Dumont, taking his jacket off and proceeding to climb on the table to reach whatever Bech he could punch first.

"Will you please stop that nonsense !" yelled Prince Felix, exasperated. He had checked surreptitiously, and it wasn't 'Anatolia'. He now suspected it could be 'A lukewarm plateful of haddock', but he'd have to check that one in the dictionnary, and Colonel Moreau had yet to find a way to discreetly pass him a dictionnary inside a red folder during cabinet meetings.

At the low end of the table, General Alex Federspiel rose, slamming both fists on the table in a desperate attempt to out-stage Bech and bring some semblance of order to the meeting. As a matter of fact, General Federspiel was a renowned two-fist table slammer, and had even won the gold medal in the 1914-1918 Table Slamming contest at the Allied General Headquarters in Paris. And if that wasn't enough to make General Federspiel one of the most feared officers in Europe, he was also completely deaf, which only made him even more resolute in the face of bad news and Offenbach light operas.

"Gentlemen ! Will we let History say that in the Grand Duchy's darkest hour, in the time of our gravest peril, we did let our petty quarrels obscure our better judgement ?"

"Not if I can find where she lives first, we won't" muttered Nicholas Marque, head of the dreaded Luxembourg Intelligence.

"Shut up Nick, and that also means you two Bechs, and you, Norbert. You're right, General." said Prince Félix. "We certainly can't let History say that. This is an emergency meeting, after all !"

"I'm sorry, it is ?" asked a puzzled Dupong.

"Yes, Pierre, I'm afraid it is" sighed the Prince. "Look at the title of this chapter. The big, orange letters."

"Oh. Oh. I see it now. Sorry about that"

"I gather from the information our various agencies have gathered that since the beginning of the Abyssinian crisis, Europe is heading for war"

"For a bloody cat ?" mused Pierre Dupong, still not completely up to speed with current events. Pierre Dupong had made a fortune for himself by coining the phrase "laissez-faire capitalism". It was rumored he had invented it in its sleep, which seemed pretty likely to anyone who knew him.

Pierre Dupong, in one rare moment of wakefulness​

"As we all know" insisted Ministry of Non-Agressive War General Federspiel, raising his voice to cover Dupong's, "Germany had expressed some territorial ambitions that will, sooner or later, bring it in conflict with France and England, as those two countries will defend the countries threatened by the Third Reich"

"Oh, yeah, and I'm sure 500 million Indians just organized a referendum to become part of the British Empire, eh ?"

"Oh, just wait until the meeting is over, you Kraut-loving fun-sponge"

"Must have been a very expensive purebred cat, don't you think, for Italy to go to war about it" ?

"Shut up, Bech, whichever you are, shut up, all of you !" snapped Prince Félix, feeling the usual urge to jump out of the window and run away. "So, General, if I understand you well, there is a very clear and present danger of war. And of course we should prepare for it. Well, what can you tell us about our preparation ? What state is our army in ? Oh, sorry. I SAY, WHAT STATE IS OUR ARMY IN ?"

Non-Aggresive War Minister Alex Federspiel, Europe's Table-Slamming champion.

"Your Highness, Lt General Maupert, our senior field officer, recently told me he felt like an army of one"

"Excellent ! Now that is what I call fighting spirit, General ! THAT'S WHAT I CALL SHOWING GOOD FIGHTING SPIRIT !"

"Unfortunately, your Highness, it was not a slogan but a comment."

"Ah. Dang. I SAID, AH"

"He made after a roll-call"

"Oh"

"This very morning"

"Ouch. Look, General, everybody, I want our beloved nation to be fully prepared in case of a general conflict. AND SO I HEREBY INSTRUCT YOU, GENERAL, TO IMMEDIATELY START RECRUITING SOLDIERS. I want us to start building a division of riflemen, a force of infantry" said Prince Félix, scribbling furiously on an official notepad, because even a short conversation with general Federspiel could make a man's throat go beyond sore and into permanent loss of voice. That, among other things we'll soon discover, made Luxembourg one of the most feared nations in Europe, usually immediately after Andorra.

Last edited:
CHAPTER TWO : A DIPLOMATIC MISSION

Where the readers witness a job interview and where they learn about responsible use of literary resources.​

Berlin, the Ministry of War, January the 1st, 1936

Striding straight into his boss's sumptuous office, Colonel Count Siegbert von Klink, from the Sixth Strike and Support Squadron of the vaunted German Luftwaffe, snapped into a smart Prussian salute.

"Ah, Klink, jolly good to see you" said General von Reichenbach. "Take a seat, will you ?"

Sitting down in the splendid armchair that von Reichenbach had pointed out to, Klink wondered why so many pencils, crayons and white sheets of paper had been prepared on the nearby table.

"Klink, I want you to consider me as a friend, so let me talk to you as one. And as a superior officer. Look, just imagine for one moment that you have a friend who is a superior officer. And who nevertheless still wants to talk with you, alright ? Good. I must say I have received quite a few complaints about you, and I am afraid this is a most grave matter. The complaints come from the SS. AND the Propaganda Ministry. AND the Postmaster General, for some reason"

Sitting his back ramrod straight, Klink felt a bead of sweat slide along his right temple, and a sudden chill ran up his spine.

"May I surmise what this suspicious flurry of complaints is about, Paulie my good chum ?"

"Alright, Klink" snapped von Reichenbach, "just forget the 'consider me as a friend' part this very minute and let's just stick to 'consider me as a full Generaloberst' routine I like better"

"JaWOHL Herr Generaloberst !" shouted Klink, suddenly standing up, snapping his boots together.

"Ach, ja,much better. Gut. Now, the complaints are about your inconsequential use of 's' in every sentence you utter. As our beloved Propaganda Minister has made it clear, these letters are a rare commodity in today's world, Klink. Especially for Germany ! Consider all these adresses who end up with somethingorotherstrasse, for example. Good grief, Klink ! The War Ministry has had to work hard to get its quotas of 's' to use, and you are wasting them like there's no tomorrow ! I expect better from my officers, Klink, particularly when Reichsführer-SS Himmler himself has been granted top priority in the use of German 's', particularly capitalized ones of course, for its special projects. I am extremely disappointed, Klink - in fact you're acting in such an irresponsible manner that it looks like you're trying to make me look bad in front of the Reichsführer !"

"Herr Generaloberst, I must protest vigorously ! I have never misused national resources like these treacherous and senseless denunciations accuse me of !"

"Klink ?"

"Yes Herr Generaloberst !"

"Read this, Klink" said von Reichenbach, waving a few sheets of paper under Klink's nose "Take a look at that Gestapo-approved description of your arrival into my office five minutes ago. And look at the conversation transcripts, too"

"Ah" said Klink after a little while, putting the papers back onto the General's office."Alright, there may be something true about it"

"Exactly. So Klink no more essessessing around" said von Reichenbach, suddenly casting a worried look behind his shoulder, in direction of an empty corner. "But it's already too late, they have your name in their files now and that means I cannot keep you here at the War Ministry anymore. Yes, Klink, I have to transfer you. But don't worry, I've taken care of everything, as is proper for friends - who also happen to be your superior officers. I went through our Army Out-Placement Department and they have two possible posts for you."

Colonel Count Klink, officer, gentleman, and repeat offender for irresponsible essessessing.

"Which oneth, Herr Generalobertht ?" asked a crushed and defeated Klink, slipping unconsciously into a patriotic lisp.

"Well, the first job is not that great, it's military attaché to our embassy in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. But I have better plans for you, Klink. I have been in our armed forces for quite a long time, and I recognize a good officer when I see one. I must say, you're not it. But you can be mistaken for one... from some distance, that is."

Crossing his arms, von Reichenbach approached Klink, and whispered conspiratively.

"For all your irresponsible use of the Reich's consouns, I think you can still accomplish a lot for Germany. As you may know, the Führer thinks..."

"I am rethpectfully in awe before our Führer'th intellectual prowesses. I meant, prowetheth" said Klink, his blue eyes lost in the horizon.

"I SAID, you stupid...my dear Klink" went on von Reichenbach "that our Führer thinks there will be a time soon when war becomes inevitable with France and maybe even England. Yes, Klink. Soon. Very soon."

"What, like tonight, Herr generaloberst ? Only I promised Frau Klink that..."

"No, NOT tonight ! Soon !" shouted von Reichenbach, whose patience was undergoing a miracle diet."Soon. Sooooooon. And as befits our superior military, it is also inevitable that we'll win this war and make many prisoners. Including Air Force officers. Which we'll have to put in a camp, somewhere, to keep an eye on them and interrogate them. And maybe use them to build a bridge over the Oder while they whistle British tunes, but I'm not too sure about that last part."

"I see, Herr Generaloberst" answered Klink, obediently.

"But we don't have much experience in running modern camps, Klink. So we are open to new ideas, and the man who will build a better air force officer prisoners' camp will make a name for himself. If you build it, they will come, Klink. The prisoners. They will come. So" concluded von Reichenbach, "you have three hours to work on this concept, Klink. You have pencils and crayons, everything you need, to draw a crude sketch of the concept, plans, the works. I have a meeting about the need to cancel useless staff meetings, i'll be back in three hours"

As the door closed on von Reichenbach, a befuddled Colonel Klink picked up a large sheet of creamy white paper and put it in front of him.

Hmmm he thought. A new concept. A prison camp, eh ?

***********​

The same office, three hours later.

"You had three hours" said von Reichenbach, serenely.

"Jawohl Herr Generaloberst" said Klink.

"To develop a new concept", went on von Reichenbach, calmly.

"Jawohl Herr Generaloberst" replied Klink.

"About a prison camp for air force officers" pursued von Reichenbach whispering.

"Jawohl Herr Generaloberst" beamed Klink.

"And you drew this ??" asked von Reichenbach, almost pleadingly, picking up the drawing as if it was dog poo. Which it wasn't, of course, but could easily pass for it from some distance.

"What in God's name is THIS ???"

'Broken wings', the rather haunting painting also titled 'Air Force officers' model prison camp - Most secret / Do not Communicate' by S. von Klink, though receiving a harsh rebuked from the Reichsministry for War, was applauded by the art critics at the 1937 Oslo Post-Modernist Exposition

"Well, Herr Generaloberst, I tried to focus on what must be the feelings of a prisoner aviator, see, and..."

"Out of my office ! OUT ! It's Luxembourg for you, you monocled moron" yelled von Reichenbach, eyes rolling wildly, at the rapidly retreating silhouette of Colonel Klink.

Last edited:
Very good and funny :)

Ganon said:
Atlantic Friend, will you be continuing your other AAR?

i forget what it was, just rememberd that I like it

Oh, I will ! The purpose of this AAR is just to get rid of all the stuff I can't use in the serious "Crossfires" AAR, so it doesn't clutter the brain and the quill !

As a matter of fact, I have added quite a few more chapters to it since it was put on hold last Christmas.

Last edited:
Awesome! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can´t wait for the next update

btw: will he play a role in this aar?

john.jpg

Inner Circle said:
Awesome! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can´t wait for the next update

btw: will he play a role in this aar?

john.jpg

As the most loveable Wehrmacht sergeant ever, I can assure you he will ! At least I know there will be no shortage of pictures to use for my German characters.

Last edited:
Atlantic Friend said:
Oh, I will ! The purpose of this AAR is just to get rid of all the stuff I can't use in the serious "Crossfires" AAR, so it doesn't clutter the brain and the quill !

As a matter of fact, I have added quite a few more chapters to it since it was put on hold last Christmas.
ooo... can I have the link to it?

EDIT: nevermind, it's right their. duh

CHAPTER THREE : ANOTHER DIPLOMATIC MISSION

Where the readers witness a second job interview and where they learn about the inherent difficulties of keeping Strasbourg out of German gun range.​

Paris, the Ministère de la Guerre, March the 28th, 1936

"Gentlemen, if you would please sit down, this Emergency Meeting of the National Defense Cabinet is about to take place" said Former Prime Minister Léon Blum.

"Is it ?" asked Marx Dormoy, Former Interior Minister "I'm only asking because I didn't see any big orange letters this time, see, and...oh wait, here they are. My bad."

"Please be seated, Marx" said Blum with a heavy sigh. Blum was particularly troubled this morning. For one thing, recent polls had shown his Popular Front had entirely ceased to deserve that name as far as French voters were concerned, the bloody ingrates. Another difficulty, his Communist and Left Radical allies had shown little enthusiasm for his proposal to re-name the government the Unpopular Front so as to keep in touch with the heart of the nation. And the last, but most embarrassing problem, of which he had just been informed was that the Conservatives and Right-Wing Radicals had taken advantage of the presence of so many government officials at this meeting to gain a temporary majority at the Assemblée Nationale and overthrow the government. Now all they had to do was to take care of the everyday stuff until the new government took charge.

Albert Sarrault, the Government Official Formerly Known as War Minister, adressed Généralissime Maurice Gamelin, Commander in Chief of the French Army and Captain of the National Pétanque team.

"Mon Général" said Sarrault, "when earlier this month Nazi Germany sent a division to reoccupy the Rhineland, in blatant violation of the Versailles Treaty, I promised Congress France would not tolerate that Strasbourg be once again in range of the German artillery. As a result, the Government asked you and the staff of the Grand Headquarters to devise a plan to react to precisely such a threat. Could you please expose us these plans ?"

"Certainly, Mr Soon-to-be-Minister-again", said Maurice Gamelin, who always made a point of being on the good side of every politician.

[/URL]

General Maurice Gustave Gamelin shortly before the Funny Incident of 1935, when he mistook Field-Marshall Rydz-SMygly for a Hotel bellhop.

That was not always easy, and Madame Gamelin regularly complained that he never was at home anymore, as he religiously attended meetings from the Communist Party, the Socialist Party, the Left Radicals Party, the Action Française, the Peasant Party, the Right Radicals Party, the Slightly Off-Center Radical Party, the Royalist Party, the Small Land Owners Party, and even the John O'Groats Cromwellian Independence Party, although it wasn't quite clear how he had come to join that one. As a matter of fact, there were over a dozen parties in France in 1936 who managed to stay afloat solely because of General Gamelin's punctuality in paying his monthly dues.

"Gentlemen" said Gamelin, signaling two aides who were carrying a large draped thing on a stretcher, "Here comes my answer to the German threat". On Gamelin's signal, they placed their burden in the large table at the center of the room and stepped back.

"Ta-daa !" said Gamelin with enthusiasm, taking the drape off theatrally and revealing an elaborate model. "End of the German threat, as simple as that !"

A stunned silence welcomed his declaration. Always a good judge of character, General Gamelin took one step back, radiating manly confidence. He could feel his audience was now listening to him with a rapt attention. Somewhere, a cricket chirped, as the ministers' gaze kept going from the model to Gamelin, and then oozed back to the model.

Feeling an urgent need to say something, anything actually, Blum cleared his throat.

"General Gamelin, you...it's....I... Look, this is your answer to the German threat, is it ?"

"Absolutely, Mr Soon-to-form-a-Government again"

"I hope my esteemed colleagues will tell me I'm wrong, but from where I stand it seems your answer to the German threat is a model showing a piece of landscape with a large and suspiciously Strasbourg-shaped crater in the middle of it."

Ex-Prime Minister Léon Blum, who solved the Suspiciously Strasbourg-Shaped Crater Case.

"Exactly, sir !" beamed Gamelin, extruding the kind of pride generally associated with young fathers and crappy novel writers.

"Can you please enlighten us as to the exact strategy you've been pursuing here ?"

"Well, Mr Bound-to-Be-Prime-Minister-Again-Soon, this is the perfect answer. Since, in it current location, Strasbourg is within the range of the enemy's artillery, my staff and I have concluded that the easiest countermeasure would be to move it a little farther away." said Gamelin, proudly.

"Moving Strasbourg away ?" asked Blum, weakly. In the abyssal silence that followed, another cricket chirped.

"What is it with the damn insects ?" mumbled Albert Sarraut, looking around him.

"Yes, sir ! Oh, don't worry sir, we could do it discreetly, without the Germans noticing anything" said Gamelin, pulling a stack of typed memorandums and charts from his briefcase. "Actually, we have been thinking it could be done house by house, until a full city district is safely evacuated. Then we would deploy inflatable decoys - I've already taken the liberty to ask our leading industrial firms to build prototypes. Now, we would deploy these inflatable decoys progressively, and at the same time we'd use big trucks to also move all the mineral deposits from the Strasbourg area, and..."

A few hours (and a degradation ceremony) later, Maurice Gamelin and his wife were leaving Paris aboard the first train for Luxembourg, where he had been appointed as Militray Attaché as a last reward for his altogether-too-long service in the Army of the Republic.

"Good riddance" said Edouard Daladier, newly elected Prime Minister. "Now we can focus on putting an end to this era of governmental instability". On positive thought, he called the heads of the dozen parties that would compose his governmental coalition. Daladier had great plans to put in motion, and he felt that, at long last, he had just the majority to do that.

Unfortunately, one month later, the new Slightly Off Center-dominated government fell, as half of the parties composing its coalition - which bizarrely included the John O' Groats Cromwellian Independence Party - failed to make ends meet and had to declare bankrupcy.

Last edited:
Boy, Luxemburg is going to get all the best people as ambassadors from other countries, eh?

I love the range of references and the sheer silliness involved here. Reminds me quite a lot of another AAR, by Rustican, back in HoI1... which was only the funniest AAR I've ever read. That you're up to that level means I'm sticking around. :cool:

Judas Maccabeus said:
Boy, Luxemburg is going to get all the best people as ambassadors from other countries, eh?

I love the range of references and the sheer silliness involved here. Reminds me quite a lot of another AAR, by Rustican, back in HoI1... which was only the funniest AAR I've ever read. That you're up to that level means I'm sticking around. :cool:

Nice to be appreciated. I started this out of a desire to get rid of silly ideas that kept coming to me as I racked my brains out for my more serious AAR, so The Mouse that Squeaked will probably never achieve greatness. Still, I try my best to make it as for you to read as it is for me to write.

Ahh, the French and their politics. Reminds me a lot of the situation now in Serbia.

Atlantic Friend said:
As the most loveable Wehrmacht sergeant ever
Is that a hotly contested position? Because I would have put it up there with "Most welcoming POW camp" and "Politest Invasion" in terms of worthwhile winners.

Very funny AAR though. :D