• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(760)

His noodly appendage
Jan 23, 2001
well, i know there has been a similar thread some time ago.....the idea is to post the most weird things happend in your games which could barely ever have happend in real history. except the country you played of course.

i saw:

.)venice colonizing gold coast
.)persia attacking in buenos aires
.)china owning provinces in india
.)marocco gaining land in france
.)iraq having two provinces in eastern europe
.)poland having colonies in madagascar and mocambique
.)scotland colonizing around the great seas
.)austria having colonies in south africa
.)the netherlands owning almost all of the indonesian region (well, this WAS history but however worth to mention)

France owning Lappland, Poland in Sweden and North America.. venice occupying balkan turkey

and (as posted earler) a Sunni Muslim Ukraine..

funniest war 'France,Spain, Poland, Provence, Grenada, Persia and Genoa delaring war
on Wurtemburg (gee what did the wurtemburgers do to pee off so many great powers
lol)

:D Luv this game !

In the GC -

Mamelukes taking Navarre and holding it for over a century.
A three province Baden - Baden, Gerona (northern Spain), and Zeeland.
Papal States taking Galicia.

In the Age of Mercantilism -

Courland setting up a trade post in the Spice Islands.
The Swedish West Indies.
Portuguese Iceland and Spanish Finnmark.

Spain breaking into Aragon, Granada and Catalunya
France breaking into Bretagne, Burgundy and Provence
Russia colonizing Indochina, Indonesia and Quebec
Turkish colonies in South Africa - for some reason the Turks just love that location - it happened several times in my games
Turkey taking Meath from England
Genoa conquering East Prussia
Pskov growing into a mighty force
Parma conqeuring all of Italy
Russia taking all of Sweden
Sweden taking all of Russia
Kazan, Astrakhan and the Golden Horde surving intact until 1792
Georgia conquering Crimea
France with no access to Mediterranean
Wierd wars: Sweden, Baden, Mameluks, China, France vs. Russia, Incas, Scotland, Iroquois and England
Independent Ukraine in 1513

i got three more:

.)sweden gaining serbia
.)spain having 2 provinces in krim
.)austria holding parts of western france including navarra

btw, saw turkey colonizing south africa twice. intact hordes and chanates at 1792 as well

Reactions:
yeah, whats up with that? They also frequent east african coast.
btw, saw turkey colonizing south africa twice. intact hordes and chanates at 1792 as well [/B]

How about the North American eastern coastline in my game? Countries that have colonies or trading posts there, by my count:

France
Spain
Netherlands
England
Denmark
Sweden
Hessen
Turkey
Persia (me)
The Knights (!!)
Venice
Nubia (!!!)

I think part of this came from Venice's extensive map getting spread to Turkey and its allies early. I got them when I sacked Thrace in an early war.

I saw Papal states having a couple of trading posts in north America
Originally posted by Kestrel
How about the North American eastern coastline in my game? Countries that have colonies or trading posts there, by my count:

France
Spain
Netherlands
England
Denmark
Sweden
Hessen
Turkey
Persia (me)
The Knights (!!)
Venice
Nubia (!!!)

I think part of this came from Venice's extensive map getting spread to Turkey and its allies early. I got them when I sacked Thrace in an early war.

Navarra conquering Pskov
Denmark and Sweden conquering the hordes south of russia. (not in the same game)
France capturing Lappland.
One of the northafrican minors (dont remember which conquering Ireland)

Originally posted by weird god
well, i know there has been a similar thread some time ago.....the idea is to post the most weird things happend in your games which could barely ever have happend in real history. except the country you played of course.
i saw:
.)venice colonizing gold coast
.)persia attacking in buenos aires
.)china owning provinces in india
.)marocco gaining land in france
.)iraq having two provinces in eastern europe
.)poland having colonies in madagascar and mocambique
.)scotland colonizing around the great seas
.)austria having colonies in south africa
.)the netherlands owning almost all of the indonesian region (well, this WAS history but however worth to mention)

Poland-Lithuania controlling Oman was a shock for me as the Turks when I pushed into persia. No idea how they got there.

How about an Alliance between (get this) Portugal, China and the Inca Empire.

Later, when one of them was attacked, Portugal dropped out, leaving the Incas and the Chinese in an Alliance that lasted for decades.

Talk about wierd......Tuscany took over 2/3 of europe All of poland/Italy/ottoman and has 2 colonys in Ibera Spain...Thats dumb And he is allied with the Irak and Hansa

A couple of my favorites;

8 province Hesse, 16 province Brandenburg, Georgians showing up in Roanoke to attack me. Baden deciding that the might of one province could overwhelm an alliance of Austria, Spain, Poland and France. Savoie colonizing St Helena.

As I mentioned in another thread my absolute favorite is Courland taking, and holding Romagne, and being in the top 5 for over 100 years.

Russia (My ally, I'm Austria) keeps coming to my aid leaving the motherland undefended. They are down to two provinces because of me. The Hanseatic League has taken all the rest.

Hanseatic League owning most of Russia.

My other ally, Savoy, seems to get 1 or 2 provinces every time I kill someone.

A 7 province Savoy.

That's the best I can offer. :)

Lothringia, conquering 6 provinces from France.
Ireland, divided between France, Russia, and Turkey.
Spain conquering Skane and Gotland from Sweden.
Navarra owning Calais.
Scotland teaming with Russia and Sweden to fight Japan and China (early Boxer Rebellion?)
Danes conquering Picardie.
Cologne conquering Béarn.

I forgot about....Nubia getting control of Cataract, Nile, Alexandria, Delta, Aleppo, and Sardinia. (It's number 19 in the power rankings.)

An army from Hedjaz sacking Venice and taking control of Istria.

Hessen getting Bearn from France and holding it for (so far) 40 years.

-Granada declaring its independence and ultimately dominating the Iberian peninsula with a total of six provinces

-Ottoman in Ireland (got Connaugh in a peace treaty w/England)

-Ottomans annexing Navarra

-Navarra (believe it or not) became the major Central-Eastern European power in one of my games after annexing most of Hungary and quite a few Ottoman Balkan provinces

-Baden in Iberia (got Euskara)

-Spaniards in Skane

-Naples having a string of Canadian and African colonies

-emergence of a gigantic Polish Empire stretching (uninterrupted) from Samara in the east to Hessen in the West

tuna

Ragusa in the IGC

As Ragusa in the IGC 1.5, I had a dynastic event occur whereby the King of Hungary left no heirs and Ragusa inherited the throne. This was wierd bc Ragusa is/was still a vassal of Hungary! I also had another dynastic event whereby Lorraine was inherited by Ragusa.