• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Languish
A Palatinat colony in Haiti was a real eye-opener for me a few games back...

Pfft, that's nothin' compared to that Vietnamese colony in Havana and in Africa from my Sibir game....

Btw Obstructor welcome to the forums!

Strangest thing? Oh my.
Well, seeing rebels with one of my leaders (Charles de Lorraine) was quite shocking, as was seeing japan get unsettled provinces when it revolted from China.

Managing to build an alliance with England (me), Hannover, Kleve, The Palantinate, Austria, Portugal, Spain, The Netherlands, Hessen, Bavaria, Baden, Switzerland, Persia, Pskov, Denmark, Hungary, Bohemia, Brandenburg, Würtemberg, Lothringen, Modena, The Horde, Crimea and Ethiopia and make it last through a war (only Persia and Crimea dropped out, I think) was also quite nice, but not exceedingly strange.

Seeing a Super-Cologne with Luxembourg, Champagne, Nivernais, Lyonaise, Bourgougne, Maine, Armour, Kleve, Vendee, Berri, Auvergne allied with a Spain that had lost Rousillion, Gerona, Catalonia, Aragon, Euskadia, Leon and Estremaduras in the same couple of wars was interesting, although France later took back all their possesions from Cologne by simply annexing it...

Dai Viet once actually colonized Madagascar, but the strangest thing, I think, is not something really anomalous, but the fact that some countries can have a leader named Monarch that isn't actually the ruling Monarch (Crimea is the only one that comes to mind, but I am sure that Austria gets the same).

Originally posted by Uchi no mae
some countries can have a leader named Monarch that isn't actually the ruling Monarch (Crimea is the only one that comes to mind, but I am sure that Austria gets the same).

Sibir does that too. Mamuk Khan becomes a leader a year before he comes to power.

I know that France wa sinvolved in that war (on the other side) but I am not sure what she was allied to. Probably the usual suspects (Papal state, Savoy, Navarra). And yes, we won a lot. That game, I managed to conquer all of France except Isle de France, most of Spain, all of North America and so on. Only Canada and some of the areas around teh Great lakes were actually achieved through colonisation, whereas the rest was very successful peace treaties^^.

Once I tried to see if I really could annex the US as England in the War of Independence Campaign. Of course, they don’t let you, so I just occupied everything for a period of time. Then I notice that there were ships traveling out of the coast provinces. Apparently, the US was sending colonists to escape English rule in out of the way places, including two South American provinces, the tip of Tierra Del Fuego, and a whole slew of African provinces, including the Sahara. Needless to say, I conquered them all.
I also once played a wacky campaign as Spain in the Grand Campaign. I played stupidly, putting the clock to two years a minute and switching the religion every few seconds. To my disappointment, I couldn’t revert to Moorish-Muslim Spain. However, I did create many alliances by sending my most hated enemies state gifts. Soon, I bought the friendship of China, Mysore, Hyderabad, and the Mughal Empire. I’ll add some more next time, but essentially one of the greatest times is when I was able to stitch together an alliance with China (my perennial ally), the Royalists of England, Morocco, and the Iroquois. I once declared war on China in this screwball game, and what resulted was me basically not doing anything and China taking over Mosquito and Peru in South America. They even got as far as Sardinia, which they promptly took over. At that time Aragon and Grenada had declared independence, which gave me control of about, oh, three provinces in the mainland.

Have you ever noticed that when you attack a nation, sometimes their rebel armies or native forces who have occupied colonies attack you? Wonder if that happens in history.

In my first (and only) GC game, as England, I was able to colonize Far Karelia. Apparently natives had destroyed the colony or something....

started playing EU1 again for the first time in over a year. 150 years into my IGC here are some oddities.

England (me) and Vinland are in a colonial war over New Zealand and Australia.

Prussia owns all of S. Africa and the entire E. coast of Africa up to where Nubia originates at.

Vinland owns the Philipines and the NE pacific rim (Alaska down to Oregon area)

Europe is relatively unchanged with all nations still in the game except Granada and from what i remember that is quite strange

I've also noticed the strange Vinlandish obsession with Australia....

Welcome to the forum!

Got some new ones.... Persian colonies in Ganges, S. Africa, and Socotra.

And Ayutthayan :)eek: ) colonies in the Great lakes area and the Caribbean (probably because I traded maps with them, but still odd)

And these are with Languish's enhanced AI files! :D

This thread is old, I think one of my first post was in this thread.

Good threads never die.

Was fooling around with Burgundy and P-L diploannexs Hungary and Austria! That isn't right at all! Having Poland Alsace really really upset me! ;)

I've had Russia diplo-annex Denmark in the GC, I've also seen Astrakhan conquer Narvik (in modern Norway!), Helvetia take 2 provinces from Spain in war, Navarra annexing Milan, and Ayuttahaya and Dai Viet establishing TPs in Africa and the new world.