• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Morpheus506
This isn't too unnatural. France often allies with Scotland, which may end in vassalization and annexation.

Yep. As Aragon, I inherited Scotland following a random event. But I was having other preoccupations (deal with French, Spanish, Turkish, Italish :D threat). So I gave up and let revolt won.

Playing as Mughal, owning most of the world (1760something). Almort all of my provinces in Europe have mighty fortresses.
I'm at war with France again. This time I want to go for annexing them (they have now only about 15 provinces in mainland) and 4-5 armies with 30/40K infantry and 300/400 cannons are ready near their borders (while several expeditions take care of their colonies).
But I see France has a 120K army with leader: this could be "very" disturbing if they attack my armies during sieges (or even worse after attempted assaults), so I wait for a while before entering their territory. If I take one of their provinces their main army will go to take it back, maybe if I wait they'll siege one of my mighty fortresses and lose many soldiers for attrition ... in effect they come out and march straight to ... Siberian lands!!!
Looks like finding no easy targets AI decided to go and burn some of my TPs, the nearest ones.
They didn't go back. Only 30K of them reached Sibir, burnt 4 TP and where later destroyed by 30K cavalry coming from Delhi to intercept them.
Much worse than Napoleon's Russia campaign!

Was the leader named something like "Napoleon's grandpa?":D :p

I just noticed something odd when looking at the saved game file for my Russian campaign (Apr 1638): the Iroquois, with no ports or ships, have a higher Naval Tech than does their ally England.

Then again, so do I and I haven't spent any cash on research.

-Pat

Ah, good thread to be resurrected!

I got something else.....

Dai Viet started colonies in Casamance and Havana.

Then, China annexed Dai Viet (not too weird).

So now, I have Chinese people in Cuba and Africa, and Chinese Fleets running around all over the map!

Not to mention Vinland colonizing Australia.

:D :D :D

I inherited Savoy as France about 20 years into my first game.

I didn't realise that it didn't happen all the time.

But in my current game as Spain I've got a colony of The Knights in Baja. And Poland-Lithuania just conquered Tripolitania.

In my other game as England, I've watched Spain make such a pudding of the Dutch Revolt, followed by the French declaring war on them and losing so badly that by about 1675, the Netherlands consisted of the usual Dutch provinces, plus Cologne, Luxembourg, Artois, Champagne, Alsace, Lorraine, Helvetia, Savoie, Nice, Franche-Comte and Calais

Portugal and her alliance of the Incas, Morroco, Navarra, and several other oddities (I think a couple Indian nations, and maybe Ethiopia or Nubia) declaring war on me when our relations were neutral. About a month later, before anything had happened, she asked for a white peace. Wierdest war I ever thought.

The Teutonic Order, reduced to one province, having a colony on the west coast of Africa.

I've seen plenty of strange alliances.... France and Inca; England, Sweden, Turkey, Iroquois, Portugal, and Morocco; Persia likes to befriend Nubia; even my own, Sibir and Russia (well and Algiers too but they don't count much being my vassal and all), could be considered odd.

When I first bought the game. I remember Courland revolting from Russia then declaring war and winning like 10 provinces.

Originally posted by Languish
I would have loved to have seen a screenshot of that!

It happened before I knew how to take screenshots.

Originally posted by LordScod
It happened before I knew how to take screenshots.

Ah, too bad. Sure you don't still have the save lying around somewhere :p?

OK I am new to this site, but I have a very strange game currently running. I am Turkey, and by far it is 1600. but there are some really, really weird world situations. First of all, England has four provinces (three colonies + capitol)-Great Britain is divided by monstrous Scotland, France, Portugal, Spain and Royalists. Brandenburg is a mega power - controls all of northern HRE, one third of Poland and recently has colonised America. Astrrkhan has become the second greatest Muslim power (after me, of course), and has gained most of Russis, Kazan, Golden Horde, Sibir, Poland and part of Sweden? Talking about Sweden, it has conquered provinces on strangest places - (two provinces in Japan. "islands" in Astrakhan, part of Spain, half of Inca Empire, etc. Tuscany has annexed all north- Italian countries except Venice, including Papal states and gained Sicily from Spain. But the strangest thing is their allies, Iraq, Nippon and Aztec Empire who are the most warmongering allience in history - they`ve caused at least 15 wars in 20 years. Austria is almost conquered by Bohemia, which has recently colonized Brasil and Indonesia(???), and there is more - Burgundy is becoming a large power after gaining indenpendance - they have annexed Netherlands, gained most of southern France provinces and are currrently waging a very successful invasion of Spain with their ally Tuscany (I noticed they are controlling almost all of their continental provinces). Knights have an empire in South Africa (perhaps I should have crushed them earlier in the game instead of submitting Persia).

One other thing - in every single GC game Aztecs and the Inca EMpire become permanent allies with Spain before 1510. - this is the utmost weirdest alternative history.

In my last game as Venice, I saw three nubian armies, allied with Turkey, rampaging through Europe and besieging Bohemian and Austrian provinces. France also lost several colonies in north-America to an Algerian expeditionnary force.