• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ikarases

Field Marshal
17 Badges
Jul 2, 2012
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
The Legacy of Genghis Khan - A Mongolian AAR

It looks cool when you start a topic on 01/01/2013 but I´ve yet to start the game! :p

Hello everyone, welcome to my newest AAR project!

At first, I wanted to say to redKLG that his wishes will come true, I´ll play some country with more than 10 IC at some point, but right now I´ve dedicated myself to play Mongolia. I hope I won´t lose you, my reader! :)

Secondly, why Mongolia? I wanted to return to the Asian threatre but I didn´t want to be the main player (RoC or Japan). I´ll be a little help to the Soviet Union in Asia (who knows, maybe Japan turns against the Red Bear and conquer me in no time or Soviets will lose badly in Europe and I´ll fight the Nazis) but I´ll also want to keep what I conquer. Anyway, I hope you´ll have fun! :)

The Legacy of Genghis Khan - A Mongolian AAR

author: Ikarases
start date: ??/01/2013
version: FTM 3.06/HPP/small modifications by myself
difficulty: normal
aim: build up and conquer (at least Inner Mongolia)
style: gameplay​

Comments are welcome as always!

P.S. Simpsons are starting, I´d better go and watch them! :D

Last edited:
I'd support you modding yourself out of being a puppet, boosting your IC (to be on par with Bulgaria or Hungary, at the very most), enough resources to manage, and with a bit more MP. I think it would be great to watch you annihilate the Bear while Germany is knocking on the door with a hand grenade :)

I'd support you modding yourself out of being a puppet, boosting your IC (to be on par with Bulgaria or Hungary, at the very most), enough resources to manage, and with a bit more MP. I think it would be great to watch you annihilate the Bear while Germany is knocking on the door with a hand grenade :)

I won´t be a puppet, I´ll get some resources and MP but I won´t add IC to myself. Also I won´t invade the Soviet Union :p

I am following of Course!!! And please rebuild the Empire of Ghenghis Khan

And again, I didn't noticed that you've just started next topic with AAR. I thought that you are still planning to start Mongolian AAR, not that it's actually started. BTW. Informations in previous AARs would obviously help in such a problems.

And again, I didn't noticed that you've just started next topic with AAR. I thought that you are still planning to start Mongolian AAR, not that it's actually started. BTW. Informations in previous AARs would obviously help in such a problems.

Oy! There aren´t tons of AARs every minute coming out! :p OK, I´ll do something about it.

I hope to see Mongolia regain its rightful place as ruler of China and most of Asia.

I'm at a loss... How are you ever going to beat Japan?

Maybe Soviets will back me up! :)

Seriously, if Soviets get screwed in Europe, I´m screwed too.

Finish your other AARs already :p

Finish your other AARs already :p

There is only last chapter for the Libya and I´m planning to do it this evening. Anyway, Mongolia isn´t running yet ;)

Still, Japan nearly always defeats the Soviets in the East... And Mongolia with it...

Japan isn´t likely to fight both fronts. I think it always chooses one or the other but odds are like 95/5 for invading China.

Maybe a preemptive strike on Manchukuo when Japan is occupied with China?

It might be a nasty back stab! But only if Soviets have some units there. I won´t do much against with my starting army + some licensed INF (Mongolia hasn´t even researched Infantry Brigade yet!) from Soviets.

Chapter I: Introduction

Do you remember when I was talking about some additional modding? Well, you can see some strange decision on the screenshot. Do you wonder what it does?

clipboard01hnk.jpg

1st January 1936, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

“Comrade Gyrmittai! I am glad to see you.”

“Comrade Amar! The pleasure is on my side.”

“I´ve heard that the political situation in Tannu Tuva is a bit unstable. How about joining a close alliance led by Mongolia?”

“I´m not quite sure if I follow your thoughts comrade. Communist parties in our country have more than 85% support of our people.”

“Don´t forget that you´re stuck between two giants Gyrmittai! Our troops could blitz through your country as we speak. I would not count much on your 2xMTN + 1xCAV build in Kyzyl. We have twice more men in service than you do! Here, have a look at this.”

Gyrmittai drinks some water from his glass, then he takes the paper Amar handed him.

The only thing he sees is: “3xINF + 3xCAV.”

“All right Amar, you won. The Tuvan republic will join your alliance and you can consider our country a friend. Nevertheless, all I want is that Tannu Tuva has some influence on politics and military in this alliance.”

“OK, it´s settled then. I´ll appoint some of your Tuvan ministers if they prove themselves better than mine. And how about calling this alliance the “Greater Mongolia”? I think it would be more representative.”

“What?! Err...Okay.”

“I still have a lot of work to do. Maybe we could speak later?”

“Of course Mister President, it was nice to see you.”

“Farewell, mister Gyrmittai.”

clipboard02bij.jpg

The technological situation isn´t that bad in military terms, but most notably Education techonogy is lacking, it´s on 1900 level! :eek:

clipboard03bz.jpg

Amar is a fair man which holds his word and he has appointed two of former Tuvan ministers.

clipboard04b.jpg

Our spy network is surprisingly widespread. Our main effort will be on increasing people´s will to fight for every single inch of our soil.

clipboard05sr.jpg

Because we don´t have researched even the Infantry Brigade technology yet, we´re licensing CAV divisions which are quite good overall: cheap, fast and they don´t take severe penalties in rough terrain.

Isn´t the Greater Mongolia looking a lot nicer now? :)

clipboard06eq.jpg

Stay tuned! :)

You BASTARD, You annexed Tannu Tuva (The Mongalian version if Smygli walks into the room armed with a flametrower, 2 submachine guns and let me say.... 30 grenades!!?? "Who wants to annex Tuva??" Ikarases says "It was my idea sire" Inmidiatly fire out of the flametrower burned Ikarases and later the submachine guns begin to shoot. Later for some strange reason Ulaanbator was burning, Smygli was now leader of the Tuvan Horde!!

You BASTARD, You annexed Tannu Tuva (The Mongalian version if Smygli walks into the room armed with a flametrower, 2 submachine guns and let me say.... 30 grenades!!?? "Who wants to annex Tuva??" Ikarases says "It was my idea sire" Inmidiatly fire out of the flametrower burned Ikarases and later the submachine guns begin to shoot. Later for some strange reason Ulaanbator was burning, Smygli was now leader of the Tuvan Horde!!

That´s a bad lookout for me though :D

The Mongalian version if Smygli

That doesn´t make sense. You messed up! :p

Chapter II: The Gathering Storm

On 27th March our 2x4 CAV divisions are ready. Now we can use some of our newly gained leaders from Tannu Tuva! :)

clipboard01ynu.jpg

We can see that Japanese forces are gathering near our border. We have to show them that we aren´t totally defenseless neither!

clipboard02pj.jpg

More licensed divisions have been deployed on 9th July, again 4x2 CAV. We mustn´t underestimate the immediate threat! Also, CAV divisions can be upgraded to armored or motorized divisions later on, so I´m having them as a jack of all trades too :)

clipboard03xo.jpg

The Anti-Comintern pact has been already signed by three countries and the Rome-Berlin Axis has been formed as well. By the way, the latter was declined but I´ve reloaded it for the sake of Axis.

clipboard04sb.jpg

We´ve researched Infantry Training level 1, thus we can enact Basic Training law. It´ll help us with recruiting officers as well as with drafting more experienced recruits.

clipboard05exo.jpg

On 1st January of 1937 the situation Asia is calm. But for how long?

clipboard06zc.jpg

After almost nine months of peace the outbreak of war has now commenced. The hatred between China and Japan has now erupted into Second Sino-Japanese war. But Mongolia wouldn´t be defenseless against Japan. Officer ratio is now 96% and more CAV divisions have been deployed.

clipboard07uk.jpg

The worst possibility might be behind us but we still have to be aware!