• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
March 2, 1938
Vienna, Austria; now officially part of the Greater German Reich​

I've always doubted the existence of Hell, Heaven, Purgatory, Satan, and God in our world. The Bible is like a children's fantasy for me; angels coming down for the "good" people and demons coming up for the "evil" ones. But if there is indeed a God in this pitiful world, he heard me on Monday.

Just as we were about to cross the border with Austria the order to stand down was given. At the last possible moment. Apparently, the Austrian leadership deemed the diplomatic and political pressure, both internal and external, too much to handle. They just... cracked. Like a branch under a pair of heavy boots.

Yesterday, my platoon took part in dismantling border posts in co-operation with the Austrian police. The Austrian police force was now officially absorbed into the various uniformed police services of Germany.

The Führer today proclaimed the 'Anschluss' of the Austrian Republic into the Greater German Reich in Linz. Apparently, Benito was furious as he claimed Austria to be his sphere of influence. What a pathetic knob... If there was a contest for "Most Gullible and Idiotic Politician" Mussolini would've won by miles.

We've spent the day walking through the center of Vienna. I've never seen such a majestic city. Even my home city of Munich doesn't come close. I've met a beautiful woman named Magda near the Staatsoper and she even gave me her address. But, unfortunately, the division was ordered to assemble outside the city and we only talked for 20 minutes or so.

I wonder where our masters will send us this time.

"Join the army", they said.
"See the world", they said.
"Almost get killed", they didn't say.​

Leutnant Erwin Keller
1. Panzer-Division​

german-tanks.jpg

Tanks and panzergrenadiers assembling outside the city of Vienna March 3, 1938.

-----------------------------------------------

Edit: The next update will be a letter. What will it contain? Who will be the addressee? Nobody knows. It's up to you to guess. :p

Last edited:
The best part in photo is the Wehrmacht's mobile kitchen in the right!!!

I just noticed that this has nearly 500 views. So, if there are any lurkers show yourselves nao. :p

I just noticed that this has nearly 500 views. So, if there are any lurkers show yourselves nao. :p

Stop spamming and write us an update! :p

"Write a narration", they said.
"Get more views", they said.
"It'll drain your time", they didn't say.

Heh...

Stop spamming and write us an update! :p

Heh...

You got me. :p

The update will come in a few minutes. I just need to proofread etc.

To: Heinrich Keller
Kirchenstraße, Munich
May 5, 1938​

Dear Father,

Long has it been since I've seen you; almost a year if I'm not mistaken. I just would like for you to know that I'm still alive and in one piece... for the time being. I've been thinking about what you said to me three years ago, when I first joined the Heer. I've been wondering whether or not my decision was the right decision. Regardless, the choice has been made and we both have to live with it.

We've been stationed in a small town called Hollabrunn for the past two months, near the Czechoslovakian border. As you've heard, our glorious Führer is now demanding the Sudetenland under the pretext of "defending the German speaking majority of the border area from Czech atrocities." He's even invited the leaders of Britain, France, and Italy to take part in a conference to decide the future of the Sudetenland. Maybe you'll get a chance to see them, though I doubt it. I just hope that the "diplomatic and political genius" of our Führer will avert war once again.

I've met a woman in Vienna named Magda. She's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. Her hair glows when the rays of the sun fall upon it. Her voice is the sweetest I've ever heard. The sparkling of her eyes when she looks at me stirs up a feeling inside of me that I just cannot describe. I imagine you had the same with mother. I promise to come home with her for dinner.

There's been a relative state of calm for the past two months since the Anschluss of the Austrian Republic. There's no tension and you can see the men smiling and laughing; just as if they weren't in the Wehrmacht. But we all know that the feeling of peace, happiness, and personal security can be shattered in a moment and we have to prepare for that moment. It remains to be seen if we've prepared enough for it.

A storm is coming, father and I hope that I'll outlive you. Tell the family that I miss them and I look forward to seeing you and mother again.

Your son,
Erwin​

-_imagesia-com_68gt.jpg

German soldiers of the 1. Panzer-Division milking a cow under the supervision of an old woman.

Last edited:

Oh man, this line is so perfect that'll put it into my signature :D

On topic: Indirectly wishing your father dies sooner than you do isn't twice nice, although I think I'll understand it better when I'll have children of my own :)

Oh man, this line is so perfect that'll put it into my signature :D

On topic: Indirectly wishing your father dies sooner than you do isn't twice nice, although I think I'll understand it better when I'll have children of my own :)

That's Erwin's black sense of humor. It's hard to understand for some people. :p

Oberkommando des Heeres
Directive no. 2
Fall Grün
May 7, 1938​

1. The deployment of the 6. Armee under the command of Generaloberst Wilhelm List and the III. Panzerkorps under the command of Generalleutnant Heinz Guderian to the Czechoslovakian border is to be executed at once.

2. The geostrategic position of Czechoslovakia is hopeless and they are flanked on both sides by our troops and by the troops of Hungary with whom we've maintained friendly relations.

3. Should the conference in Munich fail to bring satisfactory results, the 5. Armee under the command of Generaloberst Walther von Reichenau will temporarily stop forming in the area of Dresden-Leipzig and immediately move towards the Czechoslovakian border.

4. If this show of force doesn't break the will of the leadership in Prague, the course of action to be taken will be described in the next points of this directive.

5. Brandenburger/Abwehr units and SD agents will sow discontent throughout the Czechoslovak Republic and encourage the Sudeten Germans to rise up in open revolt against the Czechoslovakian leadership.

5. The Luftwaffe will strike major industrial and military targets and engage in CAS missions in support of the Heer.

6. After preliminary airstrikes, III. Panzerkorps is to execute a "sickle-cut", bypassing the formidable Czechoslovakian fortifications and drive on to Bratislava, then Prague. 6. Armee will follow up and mop up resistance while 5. Armee will execute holding attacks aimed at keeping Czechoslovakian troops in place.

7. Army Group C under the command of Generalfeldmarschall Walther von Brauchitsch will defend against possible Polish attacks.

8. Army Group A under the command of Generalfeldmarschall Fedor von Bock will defend against possible French attacks.

9. All troops taking part in Fall Grün will be under the operational command of Generalfeldmarschall Gerd von Rundstedt's Army Group B subordinated to Oberbefehlshaber Ost (Generalfeldmarschall Günther von Kluge).

10. A copy of this directive is to be given to all junior and senior officers in the Heer.

Signed,
Generalfeldmarschall Alfred Jodl
Oberkommando des Heeres
Commander, Oberbefehlshaber West​
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaroslavice, Sudetenland
May 8, 1938​

The conference in Munich was wrapped up literally minutes after each officer received a copy of Alred Jodl's directive rendering the military plan, Fall Grün, useless. The Sudetenland officially became part of the German Reich and three million people subsequently became citizens. Many people were quick to praise the "genius" of the Führer, but I have my doubts. I just wonder which country he's going to plunder next via "diplomatic" means.

We've received orders to move northwest and dismantle the line of fortifications the Czechs have built. I stood next to one of the bunkers and my jaw just dropped in awe. The thing was so huge and it could accommodate a garrison of nearly a hundred men. If the conference had failed to bring results and the Czech leadership resisted, the 5. Armee would've surely faced a disaster with thousands dead. Ordering someone to attack such fortifications in my eyes is a criminal act.

The OKH is full of gullible idiots.

Leutnant Erwin Keller
1. Panzer-Division​

Munich_Agreement_Map.PNG

The areas annexed by the German Reich following the Munich Agreement (ignore the October 1) :p

CSR_Bunker_1.PNG
One of the bunkers built by the Czechoslovakian government in the Sudetenland, now occupied by soldiers of the 1. Panzer-Division​

Author's note: This will be the last update for a while. Don't expect any to come this week.

Last edited:
This AAR is now over due to a corrupted save. Sorry for those who were following this. I might try another AAR in the near future.

This AAR is now over due to a corrupted save. Sorry for those who were following this. I might try another AAR in the near future.

Well, that was quick.

Do you really make only one save at a time?

All of my saves got corrupted. I have monthly autosaves that got screwed up as well, plus a USA game in which I've put a lot of time into. :mad:

All of my saves got corrupted. I have monthly autosaves that got screwed up as well, plus a USA game in which I've put a lot of time into. :mad:

Ah, sorry to hear that. I'm just making sure you're not leaving this interesting project rashly ;)