• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hearts of Iron 3 (Their Finest Hour AAR): ‘The March of the Machines’
Chapter Fifty-Three : October to December,1943​

O7yZywG.jpg

Germans Advancing In Russia

This Chapter is a lot more interesting then I thought it would be. And not in a good way. Now, overview!

Two major events happened during the three months. The Italians have shown a interest in my African colonies (and the other colonies belonging to the Allies) forcing my Navy to flee two port-cities. And forcing the 3eme Infantry Division there to bounce about, fighting off the Italian units.

Also, the Italians, in November, took the Suez Canal. Locking up the Mediterranean. Without the Canal the UK could not support their forces and they started to pull back or outright retreat. But it also hurt France because it cut off our conveys from the rest of the world. NO! My supply of anime!

UijI0Em.jpg

Just to let you know. By the 12th of December the UK's Surrender Progress was 91.40%.

We have two technologically advances in October. We had Aircraft Carrier Anti-Aircraft Armaments (3) and Militia Anti-Tank Weapons (5).

6QwFBTi.jpg

Also during this time period we had four new Underground Bases in France, that spread from existing bases in France.

HfJEA36.jpg

Revolts​

There were three Revolts. The American backed Belgians had one rebellion start on the 24th of November but soon died on the 30th of November.

RQ1N0Xu.jpg

The French citizens took up arms on the 6th of December in Charmes and are still fighting.

FygPgM7.jpg

A Second American backed Belgian Revolt rose up on the 10th of December and are also still fighting.

Navy/Sub Warfare​

With the convey system being shut down and with the Navy being on the western coast of Africa there were no Naval Battles or submarine attacks.

The only Naval event was I reshuffled the submarines as the AI has two Fleets of one sub and one Fleet of eight subs. So NOW it has two Fleets of three subs and one Fleet of four subs.

Air War​

We had one! What do you know? The fools, the Italians, in pushing across the Suez allowed themselves to be targets of the French Air Force. It lunched thirty-one Ground Attacks, killing 5,086 Italian soldiers.

A9Cqrmz.jpg

While in Europe the Germans launched four Ground Attacks on our citizens, killing 534 French people.

But even the Italians got some revenge as they launched two Port Attacks and one Naval Strike against our Navy in Africa.

The Persian Air Force also tried to protect the Italians causing three Air Battles in which the French/British won two out of the three clashes.

Ground War​

There were eighteen Battles - mostly on the African Front with a few in France. We won none of them. The French and our Allies lost 3,923 soldiers while the Axis lost 2,042 soldiers.

We also lost the 2eme Division, so add about 9,000 French soldiers now in a POW camp. So the total for the three months was 4,457 French KIA with 7,128 Axis KIA. A very good period for France (kind of). Not so good for the Allies.

That means the total loses for the WHOLE WAR are:

French/Allies Killed In Action: 257,218

Axis Killed In Action: 103,535

African Front/Alger Foothold​

fbKcVcL.jpg
P70kF4U.jpg

The Alger Foothold will disappear and the African Front is collapsing. Likely due to the Suez Canal being closed by the Italians. And when the British are wiped out we will be next!

Soviet Front​

ssT4l3h.jpg

While the German advance seems slow, and very slow through the marshes, they are still digging deeper into the USSR.

Persian Front​

X7wCLRt.jpg

The USSR, Iraq, and British India are eating up Persia even while its Air Force was pestering me.

Soviet Far East/Communist China Front​

scWdnqm.jpg

The Japanese seem to have been contained by the Russians but seem to be crushing the Communist Chinese. Either way, I fear that the USSR is doomed.

XreeExR.jpg

Chinese Soldiers On The Front

Pacific Theatre

VhJdn02.jpg

Meh. Nothing. Where are the Americans?

Australian Front​

D0qOntT.jpg

Yc3e16O.jpg

Posters In The Land Down-Under

Why are the Australians not doing something? DO something! The Japanese are not just listening - they are in your provinces molesting your sheep!

New Zealand Front​

z6mudDJ.jpg

More meh. Not sure why the Japanese have halted. Could be that the provinces are mostly mountains. But the Japanese do have Mountain Divisions in New Zealand, so I am not sure what is going on.

So, as you can see, I think France will soon have to move the Capital to either South America or the Pacific. Will Italy rule the world? Will British India survive long enough to see the end of the game? Will New Zealand be allowed to film the Lord of the Ring’s movies? Where are the Americans? Thanks for reading!

Chapter Fifty-Three : October to December,1943​

O7yZywG.jpg

Germans Advancing In Russia

This Chapter is a lot more interesting then I thought it would be. And not in a good way. Now, overview!

Two major events happened during the three months. The Italians have shown a interest in my African colonies (and the other colonies belonging to the Allies) forcing my Navy to flee two port-cities. And forcing the 3eme Infantry Division there to bounce about, fighting off the Italian units.

Also, the Italians, in November, took the Suez Canal. Locking up the Mediterranean. Without the Canal the UK could not support their forces and they started to pull back or outright retreat. But it also hurt France because it cut off our conveys from the rest of the world. NO! My supply of anime!

UijI0Em.jpg

Just to let you know. By the 12th of December the UK's Surrender Progress was 91.40%.

We have two technologically advances in October. We had Aircraft Carrier Anti-Aircraft Armaments (3) and Militia Anti-Tank Weapons (5).

6QwFBTi.jpg

Also during this time period we had four new Underground Bases in France, that spread from existing bases in France.

HfJEA36.jpg

Revolts​

There were three Revolts. The American backed Belgians had one rebellion start on the 24th of November but soon died on the 30th of November.

RQ1N0Xu.jpg

The French citizens took up arms on the 6th of December in Charmes and are still fighting.

FygPgM7.jpg

A Second American backed Belgian Revolt rose up on the 10th of December and are also still fighting.

Navy/Sub Warfare​

With the convey system being shut down and with the Navy being on the western coast of Africa there were no Naval Battles or submarine attacks.

The only Naval event was I reshuffled the submarines as the AI has two Fleets of one sub and one Fleet of eight subs. So NOW it has two Fleets of three subs and one Fleet of four subs.

Air War​

We had one! What do you know? The fools, the Italians, in pushing across the Suez allowed themselves to be targets of the French Air Force. It lunched thirty-one Ground Attacks, killing 5,086 Italian soldiers.

A9Cqrmz.jpg

While in Europe the Germans launched four Ground Attacks on our citizens, killing 534 French people.

But even the Italians got some revenge as they launched two Port Attacks and one Naval Strike against our Navy in Africa.

The Persian Air Force also tried to protect the Italians causing three Air Battles in which the French/British won two out of the three clashes.

Ground War​

There were eighteen Battles - mostly on the African Front with a few in France. We won none of them. The French and our Allies lost 3,923 soldiers while the Axis lost 2,042 soldiers.

We also lost the 2eme Division, so add about 9,000 French soldiers now in a POW camp. So the total for the three months was 4,457 French KIA with 7,128 Axis KIA. A very good period for France (kind of). Not so good for the Allies.

That means the total loses for the WHOLE WAR are:

French/Allies Killed In Action: 257,218

Axis Killed In Action: 103,535

African Front/Alger Foothold​

fbKcVcL.jpg
P70kF4U.jpg

The Alger Foothold will disappear and the African Front is collapsing. Likely due to the Suez Canal being closed by the Italians. And when the British are wiped out we will be next!

Soviet Front​

ssT4l3h.jpg

While the German advance seems slow, and very slow through the marshes, they are still digging deeper into the USSR.

Persian Front​

X7wCLRt.jpg

The USSR, Iraq, and British India are eating up Persia even while its Air Force was pestering me.

scWdnqm.jpg

The Japanese seem to have been contained by the Russians but seem to be crushing the Communist Chinese. Either way, I fear that the USSR is doomed.

XreeExR.jpg

Chinese Soldiers On The Front

Pacific Theatre

VhJdn02.jpg

Meh. Nothing. Where are the Americans?

Australian Front​

D0qOntT.jpg

Yc3e16O.jpg

Posters In The Land Down-Under

Why are the Australians not doing something? DO something! The Japanese are not just listening - they are in your provinces molesting your sheep!

New Zealand Front​

z6mudDJ.jpg

More meh. Not sure why the Japanese have halted. Could be that the provinces are mostly mountains. But the Japanese do have Mountain Divisions in New Zealand, so I am not sure what is going on.

So, as you can see, I think France will soon have to move the Capital to either South America or the Pacific. Will Italy rule the world? Will British India survive long enough to see the end of the game? Will New Zealand be allowed to film the Lord of the Ring’s movies? Where are the Americans? Thanks for reading!
Alas, the world slides slowly into a new dark age. Bravely fought on, as ever. Am always curious as to why the US rarely does anything in these games as the AI. Must be something about the mechanics.

Alas, the world slides slowly into a new dark age. Bravely fought on, as ever. Am always curious as to why the US rarely does anything in these games as the AI. Must be something about the mechanics.
For the US to get involved they have to cross the sea. The HOI3 AI gets confused by anything involve water and so does either;
A. Random stupid stuff (Like garrisoning tiny islands with hundreds of divisions)
B. Nothing
With a definite preference for B.

Yes. A future world without French food. The horror, the horror. All that missing pastry....:oops:

For the US to get involved they have to cross the sea. The HOI3 AI gets confused by anything involve water and so does either;
A. Random stupid stuff (Like garrisoning tiny islands with hundreds of divisions)
B. Nothing
With a definite preference for B.

That reminds me. Are there any good, finished American HoI3 AARs out there?

Chapter Fifty-Four : January to March,1944​

tHHlnCP.jpg

France Gets A New Capital (Again)

Welcome to chapter fifty-four, where we watch the slow downfall of Freedom and Liberty, one French province at a time. Where Italy dominates much of what once belonged to Rome, the Germans are slowly grinding the Russians into dust, and the Japanese seem to be playing cat and mouse games with the Allies. Or maybe it is the other way round?

Where the British Empire’s capital is Calcutta, most of the Allies are Governments-In-Exile, and the United States does not matter, like points in ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’.

This is starting to look like my Spanish Civil War AAR but I am on the losing side.

Let us start with a overview, yes? Yes.

8RHN5dp.jpg

I realized early on that Beirut was doomed. DOOOOMED. And so did the African HQ because it sent our Air Force all the way to Abidjan, Africa, to rebase. Which was a good idea because by the 9th of January Abidjan was our new Capital. Now I have to get to learn to enjoy African food. *sigh* Oh well, I will suck it up. I am FRENCH! I can eat anything! Unless it is English cuisine - that’s horrible*. But where were we?

As the African Front collapsed, fleeing into Iraq, I noticed the Italians were trying to continue to absorb the coastal provinces of Western Africa. Sure, they were advancing slowly, but still they were advancing.

DC0n3yE.jpg

By the 20th of March the 1st Corps, commanded by de Gaulle, had been wiped out. Of course, new units appear in the capital, so the NEW 1st Corps under Gaulle ended up in Abidjan. In fact I decided to give Gaulle DIRECT control of the Air Wing, on the 25th of March, as he was the local commander.

We had a Technology Improvement in the form of Improved Security Units (1) which, to be honest, does very little for France

dD4i7ac.jpg

Our Underground Resistance Cells increased by eight but we lost one in Parthenay.

6XqONS2.jpg

Revolts​

By the first week of January the revolts from the past year had been crushed and forgotten. New ones would pop up, of course.

An American-backed uprising appeared in Kortrijk, Belgium, but had the misfortune of doing so right next to a German unit. It was stomped flat barely a day afterwards.

A Spanish Revolt happened in Southern Spain on the 1st of February and seemed to last till the 14th of February. It lasted longer then most.

On the 10th of March (see Underground Resistance image) some French citizens picked up weapons and started a uprising in Hirson. Sadly for them, the German military had the Ground Forces AND Air Forces to crush them quickly, wiping them out by the 14th of March in one battle.

On the 24th of March two more American-backed uprisings appeared in Belgium. And would survive till the end of March.

The thing about Revolts is while they keep popping up they don’t really seem to do anything that I can notice to the bigger picture.

Navy/Sub Warfare​

Our ships in Africa were being attacked by Italian aircraft but mostly went unharmed. The funny thing is how FULL our ports are as the British fleet, at least those not trapped elsewhere, are hiding in African ports.

yq9G7PM.jpg

Our Subs sunk four enemy transports. The foolish Italians are about to learn the horror of fighting in Africa on an empty stomach! Buwahahaha!

Air War​

O8SM3Qp.jpg

On the other hand the Italian Air Force launched three Port Strikes on the port of Abidjan. But as I pointed out, they did no real damage.

The four German Ground Attacks on the poor French Partisans on the other hand cost us 342 French lives.

Ground War​

X1d3mL1.jpg

There were twenty Ground Battles and we lost all of them. The cost in men? The French lost 230 French Partisans and the Germans lost only 34 soldiers. The rest of the combat was in the Middle East with HQ units who fled the second they could disengage.

So Totals for the Whole War:

French/Allies Killed In Action: 257,790

Axis Killed In Action: 103,569

Soviet Front​

6KNFGox.jpg

The Germans tried to go for Leningrad and the spearhead of the column was sliced off by a Soviet flanking attack. I am not sure how bad this was for the Germans and it didn’t seem to slow them down at ALL in the south.

African Front/Italians In Africa​

2V8FjUd.jpg

We don’t really have an African Front and it looks like my HQ units may end up fleeing to India.

Persian Front​

4buCaut.jpg

The USSR declared themselves the winner. A new Persian capital was selected and ignored for the rest of the time period. The Allies just don’t seem to care - they are too busy trying to keep Iraq I think.

7cXX8O8.jpg

Looks like the Japanese are renewing their offensive against the Red Bear. On the other hand, the Communist China Front seems to be truly some kind of stalemate.

Aw2QhhU.jpg

Pacific Theatre​

XOWuGkI.jpg

I am not sure what is happening here. It is as if all sides have just decided to focus elsewhere.

Australian Front​

RydsU3A.jpg

It looks like the Australians have a chance of cutting off the Japanese from the coast. If they CAN do that and if they can HOLD the Japanese in a pocket, they will win.

New Zealand Front​

pSX7ndF.jpg

I think the Japanese just don’t see New Zealand as a threat any more and have forgotten them. I truly don’t know what to think.

Where are you Americans? Stop listening to Jazz, stop stuffing your mouths with hamburger sandwiches and French fried potatoes, and get your butts in gear!

dLd6iM8.jpg
PfKxtnq.jpg

So, as we slide slowly into a world doomed to become a dystopian nightmare, lacking any happiness or free will, I hope you are enjoying yourself. Maybe go outside, pet a tree, hug a cat, confuse a dog and think about how nice it is to be in a world where most of us are able to travel without special permits, can sleep without worrying about Thought Police, and can eat French pastry.

See you next time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Joking. I was born in the Mid-West, so much of the food I have had was heavily influenced by British cuisine.

Last edited:
Chapter Fifty-Four : January to March,1944​

tHHlnCP.jpg

France Gets A New Capital (Again)

Welcome to chapter fifty-four, where we watch the slow downfall of Freedom and Liberty, one French province at a time. Where Italy dominates much of what once belonged to Rome, the Germans are slowly grinding the Russians into dust, and the Japanese seem to be playing cat and mouse games with the Allies. Or maybe it is the other way round?

Where the British Empire’s capital is Calcutta, most of the Allies are Governments-In-Exile, and the United States does not matter, like points in ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’.

This is starting to look like my Spanish Civil War AAR but I am on the losing side.

Let us start with a overview, yes? Yes.

8RHN5dp.jpg

I realized early on that Beirut was doomed. DOOOOMED. And so did the African HQ because it sent our Air Force all the way to Abidjan, Africa, to rebase. Which was a good idea because by the 9th of January Abidjan was our new Capital. Now I have to get to learn to enjoy African food. *sigh* Oh well, I will suck it up. I am FRENCH! I can eat anything! Unless it is English cuisine - that’s horrible*. But where were we?

As the African Front collapsed, fleeing into Iraq, I noticed the Italians were trying to continue to absorb the coastal provinces of Western Africa. Sure, they were advancing slowly, but still they were advancing.

DC0n3yE.jpg

By the 20th of March the 1st Corps, commanded by de Gaulle, had been wiped out. Of course, new units appear in the capital, so the NEW 1st Corps under Gaulle ended up in Abidjan. In fact I decided to give Gaulle DIRECT control of the Air Wing, on the 25th of March, as he was the local commander.

We had a Technology Improvement in the form of Improved Security Units (1) which, to be honest, does very little for France

dD4i7ac.jpg

Our Underground Resistance Cells increased by eight but we lost one in Parthenay.

6XqONS2.jpg

Revolts​

By the first week of January the revolts from the past year had been crushed and forgotten. New ones would pop up, of course.

An American-backed uprising appeared in Kortrijk, Belgium, but had the misfortune of doing so right next to a German unit. It was stomped flat barely a day afterwards.

A Spanish Revolt happened in Southern Spain on the 1st of February and seemed to last till the 14th of February. It lasted longer then most.

On the 10th of March (see Underground Resistance image) some French citizens picked up weapons and started a uprising in Hirson. Sadly for them, the German military had the Ground Forces AND Air Forces to crush them quickly, wiping them out by the 14th of March in one battle.

On the 24th of March two more American-backed uprisings appeared in Belgium. And would survive till the end of March.

The thing about Revolts is while they keep popping up they don’t really seem to do anything that I can notice to the bigger picture.

Navy/Sub Warfare​

Our ships in Africa were being attacked by Italian aircraft but mostly went unharmed. The funny thing is how FULL our ports are as the British fleet, at least those not trapped elsewhere, are hiding in African ports.

yq9G7PM.jpg

Our Subs sunk four enemy transports. The foolish Italians are about to learn the horror of fighting in Africa on an empty stomach! Buwahahaha!

Air War​

O8SM3Qp.jpg

On the other hand the Italian Air Force launched three Port Strikes on the port of Abidjan. But as I pointed out, they did no real damage.

The four German Ground Attacks on the poor French Partisans on the other hand cost us 342 French lives.

Ground War​

X1d3mL1.jpg

There were twenty Ground Battles and we lost all of them. The cost in men? The French lost 230 French Partisans and the Germans lost only 34 soldiers. The rest of the combat was in the Middle East with HQ units who fled the second they could disengage.

So Totals for the Whole War:

French/Allies Killed In Action: 257,790

Axis Killed In Action: 103,569

Soviet Front​

6KNFGox.jpg

The Germans tried to go for Leningrad and the spearhead of the column was sliced off by a Soviet flanking attack. I am not sure how bad this was for the Germans and it didn’t seem to slow them down at ALL in the south.

African Front/Italians In Africa​

2V8FjUd.jpg

We don’t really have an African Front and it looks like my HQ units may end up fleeing to India.

Persian Front​

4buCaut.jpg

The USSR declared themselves the winner. A new Persian capital was selected and ignored for the rest of the time period. The Allies just don’t seem to care - they are too busy trying to keep Iraq I think.

7cXX8O8.jpg

Looks like the Japanese are renewing their offensive against the Red Bear. On the other hand, the Communist China Front seems to be truly some kind of stalemate.

Aw2QhhU.jpg

Pacific Theatre​

XOWuGkI.jpg

I am not sure what is happening here. It is as if all sides have just decided to focus elsewhere.

Australian Front​

RydsU3A.jpg

It looks like the Australians have a chance of cutting off the Japanese from the coast. If they CAN do that and if they can HOLD the Japanese in a pocket, they will win.

New Zealand Front​

pSX7ndF.jpg

I think the Japanese just don’t see New Zealand as a threat any more and have forgotten them. I truly don’t know what to think.

Where are you Americans? Stop listening to Jazz, stop stuffing your mouths with hamburger sandwiches and French fried potatoes, and get your butts in gear!

dLd6iM8.jpg
PfKxtnq.jpg

So, as we slide slowly into a world doomed to become a dystopian nightmare, lacking any happiness or free will, I hope you are enjoying yourself. Maybe go outside, pet a tree, hug a cat, confuse a dog and think about how nice it is to be in a world where most of us are able to travel without special permits, can sleep without worrying about Thought Police, and can eat French pastry.

See you next time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Joking. I was born in the Mid-West, so much of the food I have had was heavily influenced by British cuisine.
As always, I admire your fortitude in persisting with the 'fight' (not that you can do much of that any more) and chronicling it. No temptation to march some US machines, as the clock ticks down the last few minutes until midnight for the new Dark Age? Or just happy to satisfy honour and stay the course as France?

As always, I admire your fortitude in persisting with the 'fight' (not that you can do much of that any more) and chronicling it. No temptation to march some US machines, as the clock ticks down the last few minutes until midnight for the new Dark Age? Or just happy to satisfy honour and stay the course as France?

Well, I learned a lot about patience when dealing with the Spanish government in my last AAR. You have to remember that near the end of that AAR I was being picked on by the American Navy and Ground Forces while spread out all over Africa and Asia AND in a MAJOR land-war with the USSR (along with the rest of the Axis). So while a tad frustrated I will continue to do my best, record the events, and hope for some kind of Cold War/Stalemate by 1948.

My next AAR after this one....will likely be CKII and have nothing to do with AIs. :p

Well, I learned a lot about patience when dealing with the Spanish government in my last AAR. You have to remember that near the end of that AAR I was being picked on by the American Navy and Ground Forces while spread out all over Africa and Asia AND in a MAJOR land-war with the USSR (along with the rest of the Axis). So while a tad frustrated I will continue to do my best, record the events, and hope for some kind of Cold War/Stalemate by 1948.

My next AAR after this one....will likely be CKII and have nothing to do with AIs. :p
I'll look forward to the CK2 one: have only bought the game during the recent sale and have barely begun the (daunting) learning curve :confused:. Not much time for it yet what with very busy work and 'Talking Turkey' to play and write up! Something a numpty could follow and learn from would be nice! :)

Chapter Fifty-Five : April to June,1944​

Welcome to Chapter Fifty-Five! In which stuff does happen. This chapter is going to be mostly about the Navy. Even the overview will have stuff about the French Navy. Here it goes!

On the 1st of April I wanted to see just how well or badly we were doing. First off, out of the 15 Victory Conditions we have 1. The USA is an Allied member. The Axis has 8 out of 15. And the Comintern has 2 out of 15. On the other hand we have a Veteran Army from all the combat we have seen.

On the 1st of April I also noticed that the 3rd Navy was transporting the 1st Army HQ to Africa. I realized that the African HQ was moving the Chain-Of-Command to the Ivory Coast! Which means I may have been incorrect last chapter about Gaulle's HQ being wiped out and remade in Africa. It could of have been that the AI shipped him to the Capital when I was not looking. It surprised me to be honest. I forgot that the AI CAN do some basic actions on its own. Me bad.

Ironically the African HQ was the only unit still fighting the Italians. It was attacked and forced to retreat after the Battle of Duhok. No loses on either side and the only Ground Battle of the three-month period.

On the 9th of April I decided to place a Allied Objective on Abidjan for the USA. Why not? Maybe they will come and protect my capital?

By the 12th the 3rd Navy had dropped off the 1st Army HQ and was heading back to Iraq to pick up the 1st Army Group HQ. Well I assumed that was the plan.

By the 24th of April the French Theatre HQ was the only thing keeping the Italians from rushing headfirst into the Soviet territories.

Jax2afh.jpg

Stop snickering.

By the 25th of April the 3rd Navy is on the way to Abidjan with the 1st Army Group HQ onboard. I can't help but feel a small amount of pride. It seems Theatre HQ is doing the best with what it has. By the 6th of May the 1st Army Group HQ would be in Abidjan. And the 3rd Navy decided to stay in the port. Go pick up the African HQ! Why will you not pick it up!?!?! I take it back - you are idiots!

On the 28th of April the game notified me that the Axis now had 9 Victory Conditions. I searched the map and found out that the Germans have taken Leningrad and this was why the game decided to alert me to the fact that I was a loser.

yAKOZZK.jpg

We have our Elections on the 4th of May. No changes - the SAME six men for SAME ten positions. Long Live The Oligopoly!

j9blu8Q.jpg

We finished two Research Projects. One was First Aid (3) and one was Civil Nuclear Research (2). Remember, we are sharing our Nuclear Research with the Americans. So while we may not have the resources to build reactors and produce atomic bombs they will be able to do so once we reach a certain level of knowledge.

Underground Resistance​

itxBBsv.jpg

Nine new Cells were formed in France from existing Cells.

Revolts​

Two uprisings, one in France and one in Belgium, appeared in Europe on the 1st of April and we stomped out by the 2nd of April.

On 1st of June it happened again. Two uprisings, one in France, one in Belgium, American-backed and both crushed within eight days.

Another revolt happened in Tarragona, Spain, on the 1st of June and continued to exist till the end of June. Amazing really.

Navy/Sub Warfare​

Now, this is where is gets fun! First, due to the need for the Italians to supply their men in Africa AND transfer the resources from Africa to Italy the area has become a target rich area for our submarines. We sank twenty-four Italian Transports and eight of their Escorts.

12N5i7T.jpg

But that is not all. The Axis powers in Europe have to trade with their Axis partners in Asia AND the unaligned nations they have Trade Agreements with (like Ireland). So we were also able to sink seventeen Romanian Transports, five Bulgarian Transports, two Yugoslavian Transports, Three German Transports, one German Escort, and two Japanese Escorts. Many of these kills were off the Coast of Brazil. While our Submarines were designed between the wars they are doing a pretty good job as convey hunting. Some Submarine Groups are even hunting off the coast of South America!

But that was not all. My French Navy decided they wanted to attack the Japanese infrastructure and sent two Fleets to the South Pacific, the 16t and the 9th. We have ports out there and it decided to use them. So we can add another three Japanese Transports and three Japanese Escorts to the list! Sadly, the 9th Navy trying to withdraw back to the Indian Ocean has some problems with Japanese aircraft.

QbX1XQU.jpg

The funny part is the 16th Fleet, needing supplies went to the port NOT receiving any supplies. *le sigh*

Air War​

While we had a ton of British Aircraft in Abidjan, none of our combined Air Forces had fighters. Which allowed the Italians the freedom to launch three Port Strikes on us.

2Ry2DE3.jpg

The 9th Fleet also was not welcomed by the Japanese when it passed too close to Java, getting pounced on by land-based Naval Bombers and a Carrier Air Group (who did not look so hot - their organization is gone).

Ground War​

Once again there was only one Ground Battle in Iraq. We lost and there was no loses on either side. So the Totals for the Whole War have not changed.

Soviet Front/Middle East​

2xzp6rx.jpg

As you can see, the Germans went for Leningrad again and made it. Now they are pushing into Finland even while they push down in the South, moving past Rostov.

wF3gaFA.jpg

And in the Middle East the Soviets and the Italians now have a tiny Front to fight over. And they will go back and forth, taking that one province again and again.

Ivory Coast Front​

yZigdTI.jpg

The Italians have started snapping up UK provinces while they have stalled in their advance against us.

Did the Japanese take vitamins or something? They seem to be unstoppable when it comes to fighting in the USSR. Are there any Russians left in those provinces to fight them?

N8qVY8U.jpg

o1S1gWV.jpg

China is a stalemate.

Pacific Theatre​

6a3Fvzy.jpg

Not much I can see. So I just used one screenshot.

Australian Front​

PvLsjJB.jpg

The Japanese have destroyed the Australian forces trying to cut them off and have even landed a few more units into the Front. Problem is much of the Australian Ground Forces are off in the islands to the north. Most are in New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.

New Zealand Front​

WbZeLYr.jpg

Stalemate. SNAFU. “Situation Normal All Fucked Up”

Well, at least the Navy did something. So not much has changed. It looks like the USSR is doomed and will fall by the end of the year. Australia has a lot of fighting to do if it wants to toss out the invaders. The Italians are eating up Africa. BUT they may starve to death in the process. And who knows what the Americans are up to!

Thanks for reading!

Chapter Fifty-Five : April to June,1944​

Welcome to Chapter Fifty-Five! In which stuff does happen. This chapter is going to be mostly about the Navy. Even the overview will have stuff about the French Navy. Here it goes!

On the 1st of April I wanted to see just how well or badly we were doing. First off, out of the 15 Victory Conditions we have 1. The USA is an Allied member. The Axis has 8 out of 15. And the Comintern has 2 out of 15. On the other hand we have a Veteran Army from all the combat we have seen.

On the 1st of April I also noticed that the 3rd Navy was transporting the 1st Army HQ to Africa. I realized that the African HQ was moving the Chain-Of-Command to the Ivory Coast! Which means I may have been incorrect last chapter about Gaulle's HQ being wiped out and remade in Africa. It could of have been that the AI shipped him to the Capital when I was not looking. It surprised me to be honest. I forgot that the AI CAN do some basic actions on its own. Me bad.

Ironically the African HQ was the only unit still fighting the Italians. It was attacked and forced to retreat after the Battle of Duhok. No loses on either side and the only Ground Battle of the three-month period.

On the 9th of April I decided to place a Allied Objective on Abidjan for the USA. Why not? Maybe they will come and protect my capital?

By the 12th the 3rd Navy had dropped off the 1st Army HQ and was heading back to Iraq to pick up the 1st Army Group HQ. Well I assumed that was the plan.

By the 24th of April the French Theatre HQ was the only thing keeping the Italians from rushing headfirst into the Soviet territories.

Jax2afh.jpg

Stop snickering.

By the 25th of April the 3rd Navy is on the way to Abidjan with the 1st Army Group HQ onboard. I can't help but feel a small amount of pride. It seems Theatre HQ is doing the best with what it has. By the 6th of May the 1st Army Group HQ would be in Abidjan. And the 3rd Navy decided to stay in the port. Go pick up the African HQ! Why will you not pick it up!?!?! I take it back - you are idiots!

On the 28th of April the game notified me that the Axis now had 9 Victory Conditions. I searched the map and found out that the Germans have taken Leningrad and this was why the game decided to alert me to the fact that I was a loser.

yAKOZZK.jpg

We have our Elections on the 4th of May. No changes - the SAME six men for SAME ten positions. Long Live The Oligopoly!

j9blu8Q.jpg

We finished two Research Projects. One was First Aid (3) and one was Civil Nuclear Research (2). Remember, we are sharing our Nuclear Research with the Americans. So while we may not have the resources to build reactors and produce atomic bombs they will be able to do so once we reach a certain level of knowledge.

Underground Resistance​

itxBBsv.jpg

Nine new Cells were formed in France from existing Cells.

Revolts​

Two uprisings, one in France and one in Belgium, appeared in Europe on the 1st of April and we stomped out by the 2nd of April.

On 1st of June it happened again. Two uprisings, one in France, one in Belgium, American-backed and both crushed within eight days.

Another revolt happened in Tarragona, Spain, on the 1st of June and continued to exist till the end of June. Amazing really.

Navy/Sub Warfare​

Now, this is where is gets fun! First, due to the need for the Italians to supply their men in Africa AND transfer the resources from Africa to Italy the area has become a target rich area for our submarines. We sank twenty-four Italian Transports and eight of their Escorts.

12N5i7T.jpg

But that is not all. The Axis powers in Europe have to trade with their Axis partners in Asia AND the unaligned nations they have Trade Agreements with (like Ireland). So we were also able to sink seventeen Romanian Transports, five Bulgarian Transports, two Yugoslavian Transports, Three German Transports, one German Escort, and two Japanese Escorts. Many of these kills were off the Coast of Brazil. While our Submarines were designed between the wars they are doing a pretty good job as convey hunting. Some Submarine Groups are even hunting off the coast of South America!

But that was not all. My French Navy decided they wanted to attack the Japanese infrastructure and sent two Fleets to the South Pacific, the 16t and the 9th. We have ports out there and it decided to use them. So we can add another three Japanese Transports and three Japanese Escorts to the list! Sadly, the 9th Navy trying to withdraw back to the Indian Ocean has some problems with Japanese aircraft.

QbX1XQU.jpg

The funny part is the 16th Fleet, needing supplies went to the port NOT receiving any supplies. *le sigh*

Air War​

While we had a ton of British Aircraft in Abidjan, none of our combined Air Forces had fighters. Which allowed the Italians the freedom to launch three Port Strikes on us.

2Ry2DE3.jpg

The 9th Fleet also was not welcomed by the Japanese when it passed too close to Java, getting pounced on by land-based Naval Bombers and a Carrier Air Group (who did not look so hot - their organization is gone).

Ground War​

Once again there was only one Ground Battle in Iraq. We lost and there was no loses on either side. So the Totals for the Whole War have not changed.

2xzp6rx.jpg

As you can see, the Germans went for Leningrad again and made it. Now they are pushing into Finland even while they push down in the South, moving past Rostov.

wF3gaFA.jpg

And in the Middle East the Soviets and the Italians now have a tiny Front to fight over. And they will go back and forth, taking that one province again and again.

Ivory Coast Front​

yZigdTI.jpg

The Italians have started snapping up UK provinces while they have stalled in their advance against us.

Did the Japanese take vitamins or something? They seem to be unstoppable when it comes to fighting in the USSR. Are there any Russians left in those provinces to fight them?

N8qVY8U.jpg

o1S1gWV.jpg

China is a stalemate.

Pacific Theatre​

6a3Fvzy.jpg

Not much I can see. So I just used one screenshot.

Australian Front​

PvLsjJB.jpg

The Japanese have destroyed the Australian forces trying to cut them off and have even landed a few more units into the Front. Problem is much of the Australian Ground Forces are off in the islands to the north. Most are in New Guinea and the Solomon Islands.

New Zealand Front​

WbZeLYr.jpg

Stalemate. SNAFU. “Situation Normal All Fucked Up”

Well, at least the Navy did something. So not much has changed. It looks like the USSR is doomed and will fall by the end of the year. Australia has a lot of fighting to do if it wants to toss out the invaders. The Italians are eating up Africa. BUT they may starve to death in the process. And who knows what the Americans are up to!

Thanks for reading!
The free world continues its long, slow wave goodbye :(. And the US still not doing much, by the sound of it. Some ground troops funnelled in through some Australian east coast ports would certainly help the fight and bring the war to the Japanese, while having the USN savage their very long supply lines. Where's the hotline to the White House when you really need it!? :oops:

The free world continues its long, slow wave goodbye :(. And the US still not doing much, by the sound of it. Some ground troops funnelled in through some Australian east coast ports would certainly help the fight and bring the war to the Japanese, while having the USN savage their very long supply lines. Where's the hotline to the White House when you really need it!? :oops:

Sad days...

I COULD tag a few objectives onto the Land-Down-Under and see if the Americans try to help them? o_O

Sad days...

I COULD tag a few objectives onto the Land-Down-Under and see if the Americans try to help them? o_O
Huzzah - I was hoping but didn't want to ask directly, in case it sounded like special pleading ;). Worth a try, even if they ignore it.

Chapter Fifty-Six : July to September,1944​

Welcome to the chapter in which things get better! For New Zealand. Kind of. So if you are a fan of Lucy Lawless or Peter Jackson good for you! If not...well...

Let us give the overview first. I decided to tag Sydney and Wellington as American Objectives. I figured, if they could sneak into those waters - which they seem to be doing all the time - they could land somebody there. The results? See the related Fronts.

5t7hKC0.jpg

We also made one advance in our Research Projects. Coal to Oil Conversion is now Level 2 which does nothing because we don’t have any Energy. I keep forgetting Energy is Coal. *sigh*

Underground Resistance Cells​

Zezwh4J.jpg

We gained eighteen new Cells in France with no loses. I am not sure if this is a sign that Germany and Italy are becoming too spread out in Officers and Resources to counter the spread of my Cells or just a sign of good luck for the French.

Revolts​

The Spanish Revolt in Tarragona lasts till the 1st of August. After that the province becomes part of Greater Germany. I can only assume the rebels were stomped flat by German Divisions instead of the Italians.

NjIr4xl.jpg

8th of August Norwegians rise up and tossed off their yoke. Backed by the Americans their Revolt lasted till the end of the time period covered by this chapter. I assume it is because the German military just don’t have any forces in reserve to do anything about them.

Navy/Sub Warfare​

A lot of activity in the Pacific between our surface warships of our Glorious French Navy and the Japanese Imperial Navy. Some of that was raiding.

The 16th Navy, while based in Luganville, was attacked by Japanese Carrier Based Aircraft a couple of times on the 18th of July. Suffren was damaged and split off the Fleet.

In August, around the 15th of August, the 20th Navy Lost the Battle of Abington Reef. Neither side lose any ships but our ships received a lot of damage. We were outnumbered AND outgunned. The CAG did not help much, either.

yD8uHrz.jpg

I noticed the Commander of the 20th Navy was not advanced in rank enough to handle the ships he had. So I increased his rank and tried to tell him to rebase in Townsville, Australia. In other words, I took command, told it to rebase, and handed back to African HQ. Once it was in port...it left and went back to Luganville. Morons.

By the 17th of August the 16th Navy decided to sail all the way to Panama and back. And did sink some Japanese convey ships.

By September the Submarines in Africa were getting a tad worn out and started spending more and more time in ports.

On the 13th of September the 16th Navy was attacked by a Japanese Fleet of thirty-seven ships plus Carrier Based Aircraft. It was bad. Very, very, very bad. We lost a unit of Destroyers and a Light Cruiser. The Japanese seems to be confused on who could claim the kills.

kS9kER1.jpg

Our Navy reported the sinking of fifty-seven enemy cargo ships and six enemy escorts. We lost none. Mostly because what few we have are moving via the Panama Canal and are protected by Allied Navies. The Submarines were all over the Atlantic and a couple of times gained too much notice to their patrols (see War Air). I am surprised by how good our subs are because most of our subs are old. Very old.

UeiV7kU.jpg

Designed And Built In 1917!

While we sink a lot of enemy cargo our surface ships are outnumbered and outgunned in the Pacific. I fear the Japanese have full control of the Pacific Ocean from Russia to Australia.

Air War​

Our planes did nothing. The Axis on the other hand was somewhat active.

The Japanese launched two Port Strikes and four CAG Duties against us in the Pacific. Their Port Strikes damaged the Heavy Cruiser the Suffren and it had to be detached from the 16th Navy. Their CAG attacked during Naval Battles and they even tried to claim some kills (see Navy/Sub Warfare).

fA23iAf.jpg

The Germans launched two Naval Strikes against some of our submarines getting too close to North Atlantic waters.

Ground War​

GuBV0SN.jpg

The Italians launched one Ground Battle against the French Infantry division on the last day of the time period. Three against one. Not good odds. Not good at all. And it is outside the range of our Air Wing. So there will be no close air support.

The Germans are advancing along the whole Front. In some areas they are advancing faster than others.

9zHxI2d.jpg
M26kVLe.jpg

In the Middle East the Italians have been pushed back slightly, freeing up parts of Iraq. The Allies, with Persia now out of the way and the USSR guarding their northern flank, decided to focus on pushing the Axis back into Africa. It is a Work-In-Progress as there is really no weight behind their advance - they don’t have the numbers. And all the supplies have to come from India now. At least the UK has a firm control over the Indian Ocean.

Ivory Coast Front​

GdBqqNc.jpg

The Italians are absorbing the provinces of the Allies in Africa as fast as they can. Of course, they are paying the price in conveys.

IqcuRYw.jpg

The Japanese are not grinding the Soviets down. They are knocking them down. In fact I am starting to think the Soviet Far East Front has collapsed. The Japanese have all the Victory Points in that part of the USSR. Now it will be totally up to the Germans to win the war with the Major Power of the Comintern. Once the USSR falls the rest will fall with it.

OD2SplV.jpg

China is still a stalemate. Not much change there. Not at all. What IS going on there?

Pacific Theatre​

0xMTKRC.jpg

On the surface not much seems to have changed. But once you start looking at the ports and the units floating about the picture becomes bad. The Japanese took back a lot of the small islands, including Christmas island, but the real problem is their control over the waters from both their Navy and Air Force. As shown in my Navy/Sub Warfare section they seem to be in the South Pacific in force and that is very bad. Very, very bad. They still control Midway and a lot of the islands near Hawaii.

Australian Front​

hLQlk7X.jpg

As you can see, the United States of America is doing nothing to help the Australian military. The big problem is about half of the Aussie Divisions are not on the mainland and the waters off the coast of Northern Australia seems to belong to the Japanese. Which means the approaching Japanese forces marching through the Out-Back may get help from the Japanese Imperial Navy. In other words the defending Australians could be hit from the land and from the sea.

Also, I can’t find any Australian ships among the islands. I think they may have fled to Australian ports all together. In fact many of the aircraft in Australia seem to belong to the Netherlands. Unless they move those transports and warships into Japanese controlled waters they can't bring in their own troops as reinforcements.

In September the United States gave me some hope when I saw whole fleets made up of Transports passing through the Panama Canal! But they went to the US West Coast and didn’t seem to do anything.

New Zealand Front​

As you can see the Americans landed troops in Wellington and that REALLY helped. New Zealand was LOW in Victory Points and by just taking that one Province the USA was able to snatch New Zealand out of the jaws of defeat.

a2yrKDP.jpg

Once they switched those units over to New Zealand I took away the tag and placed another one up north, in Auckland. I was kind of hopeful that they would do it again but they didn’t. Nor did the American-New Zealanders do anything. I assume they are building up supplies and organization.

bzFq7f6.jpg

Invasions of Australian mainland during World War Two?​

Hey! Time for some REAL history! That's right boys and girls, and you old bitter adults, let us talk about the REAL plans Japan had for the invasion of Australia!

The Japanese Navy came up with a plan for the invasion of Northern Australia which the Army was NOT too happy with. You see, the Navy's plan needed at least ten infantry divisions which, to be honest, was not available. Therefore the Army really didn't like the plan and even Yamamoto opposed it.

The Army come up with a different plan. This plan, called Operation FS, was the suggested invasions of Fiji, Samoa, and New Caledonia in the hopes of cutting Australia off the US. Even Tojo turned down the idea.

In fact the idea of invading Australia came up many times and in many forms. Just never happened. Why?

The invasion of Australia was always thought of as a “stage-two” operation after securing South-East Asia. In other words, a "future option" if all other plans went well. And things never went that well.

Thanks for reading my chapter folks! What will happen next time? Will the USSR fight on? Will the Americans do something? What will happen to French and British Africa? Will the Japanese take over Australia? Will Margot Robbie not exist in the future? What will happen to my favorite Aussie Cosplayer Laura Gilbert? Will French pastry ever be eaten in Europe again? Will Bullfilter be forced by his Asian Masters to write Talking Turkey in his new native language of Japanese?

Will Bullfilter be forced by his Asian Masters to write Talking Turkey in his new native language of Japanese?
Arghh - never! Death before dishonour! The best thing about most of our alt-worlds is that they never actually happened :eek:. But you make a valid point in that question: much as the Japan of today is our very good friend, your Japan of 1944 is not one I'd be keen on living in. Better to die from the last bullet fired in the final battle for the homeland :mad:.

Which is what your brave French die-hards seem prepared to do, for the non-metropolitan bits of France still fighting with little hope for the future. At least the Kiwis are hanging on. Onward to Mordor, for St Peter (Jackson) and Tolkien! :D

Chapter Fifty-Seven : October to December, 1944

RPNpJ3j.jpg

Can It Get Any Colder?

Welcome to Chapter Fifty-Seven! We have a mixed chapter, with small victories and major defeats! Oh, the horrors! The French Capital may have to relocate soon! And the Japanese have gotten sick of us in the South Pacific. Oh, and other bad things happened also.

The Axis gained two Victory Conditions. Now, many of you know about Victory Points. Certain provinces, because of their importance due to being major cities, ports, or other reasons, are worth Victory Points. The more of the enemy's you collect the closer you are to conquering them. Victory Conditions are events or actions you can take to gain Total Victory in the game. And the Axis have 11 Victory Conditions out of the 15 set for them. To win Total Victory they only need ONE MORE Victory Condition.

Well, let us start the overview.

We made advances in Nuclear Physics Research (1) and in Oil Refining (2). The last may help us keep our Navies afloat.

InPDqjd.jpg

We have increased our Underground Resistance Cells by twenty-three. I am tempted to have them all spawn rebels to try to take back Paris and maybe take a Victory Condition away from the Axis. And also take away some Victory Points and get back some resources. But likely they would get wiped out.

oOL3oXI.jpg

Revolts​

The Norway Revolt started out as the sole Revolt of this time period. The Americans landed some units, all HQ units, on the 4th of October to command the American-backed Revolt.

HKl8PQ5.jpg

A NEW Norwegian Revolt, by Norwegians, rose up on the 12th of October.

Both Revolts seem to be doing very well. Mostly, I assume, because the Axis forces are busy elsewhere.

Navy/Sub Warfare​

trSmcXy.jpg

We did pretty good in Naval affairs. We had two Naval Battles, one we won at the Bougainville Strait and one we lost at Princess Charlotte Bay. But in my mind the Japanese Imperial Navy lost both of them. I think we lost the Battle of Princess Charlotte Bay because of their Carrier based aircraft.

They may have also lost some Divisions in the first Naval Battle due to the Transports and Landing Craft sinking.

The French Navy also sunk twenty-eight cargo ships and three enemy escorts. We lost none. Mostly because our conveys are in American waters.

J8RaydY.jpg

The British also announced sinking one of the oldest Japanese Battleships to existence. More of a morale victory than anything else. This confuses me slightly (see Indian Front).

Air War​

t2AbCWS.jpg

The Japanese carried out three CAG missions against us in the Pacific Ocean. They are, no doubt, the reason we lost the second Naval Battle (see Navy/Sub Warfare above).

The French Air Force launched two Ground Attacks against the Italians in Africa killing 50 enemy soldiers. It didn't help much (see Ground War and Ivory Coast Front).

Ground War​

XDwLKqu.jpg

Adding the results of Battle of Man from September we lost three Battles and also 808 French soldiers. The Axis forces lost 408 men in Ground Battles. Add the deaths from French bombers and that comes up to 458 soldiers.

That means the Totals For The Whole War are:

French/Allies Killed In Action: 258,598

Axis Killed In Action: 104,027

Soviet Front​

jgNnOFX.jpg

The Soviets lost Stalingrad. That's a Major blow to the USSR and also brings the Axis one step closer to Total Victory!

Ivory Coast Front​

qR1h27J.jpg

Damn you Italians! I better start packing my stuff and make sure my French passport is valid.

Soviet Far East/Communist China​

VeGwRJs.jpg

The Soviet troops in the Far East still have a tiny amount of life in them. A tiny amount. While the Communist Chinese seem to continue their stalemate with the Japanese.

Pacific Theatre​

While is looks like a mess the fact is that the Japanese have all the important provinces on the map of the Pacific Theatre. Much of the resources, the major ports, and all the Victory Points. On the 24th of October the Japanese added Port Moresby to their list of provinces. They have been very selective about the use of their military forces getting the most out of their few Marine and Infantry Divisions. I have to say I am impressed by the Japanese in this game.

GptXAcp.jpg

They also decided to target the French Navy in the Pacific. They attacked the beaches of Noumea and took it on the 6th of November. These islands are south of Luganville where my ships are docked. Which was their next target. They launched an attack from Noumea and took Luganville on the 15th of December. This forced the French ships of the 8th, 10th, and 5th Navies, to flee to the nearest Australian port still available. Funny enough Luganville had a large amount of American troops on it but they withdrew BEFORE the attack. Who are they working for? Who paid you off FDR?

Australian Front​

L5odreV.jpg

The Australians were conquered on the 4th of November. A government-in-exile continues to fight, directing the remaining armed forces in their remaining provinces. But while there have plenty of Allied aircraft based in Australia that didn't seem to stop the Japanese from advancing. The only Victory Points left on the mainland are in Darwin. And I think the Japanese are going right for it. I wonder if the koala will become pets to the Japanese soldiers or end up in their pots?

SLsp9Gb.jpg

New Zealand Front​

lkGNLS0.jpg

I noticed in early October the Americans were sending another fleet to New Zealand and on the 12th of October the US landed men in Auckland. So I turned off the Allied Objective Tag in Auckland - leaving only the one in Sydney. On the 14th of October the Americans turned in their uniforms for those of the New Zealand infantry. And sat there.

Indian Front​

IdXwI3C.jpg

Kind of. The Japanese invaded Sri Lanka on the 13th of November. While that island is not a part of India (I think) for them to land RIGHT there suggests the UK does not control the Indian Ocean. In fact the Japanese also took the island of Diego Garcia - think southern tip of the Indian Ocean. Where is the British Warships? From what I can tell they are docked in Indian ports. It took be that the British have a lot of ships but little in the way of fuel or supplies to keep them active.

So, it looks bad. I assume there is one chapter left. Maybe two. The USSR is in bad shape and I don't see anything but the weather holding back the Axis powers. Also, I assume I will end up in South America soon. Oh, the life of the French President during World War Two! Oh, the horror!

Thanks for reading and see next chapter!

Last edited:
Mon Dieu! Merde! Etc! The whole world is going in the Axis cooking pot :eek:

A new dark age descends :(

Well, the Nagato wasn't aged in WW2 at all. It was as powerful armed as the Nelsons and the Colorados. The armour was only slightly lighter but still sufficient. And it was much faster, nearly up to 27 kn! And although the Nagatos were the best battleships of their time they were lenghtend and got new engines and modern AA in the late 1930s. France had only one battleship in WW2 which was a hard competitor to the Nagatos: the Richelieu!

So the loss of the Nagato is a REAL loss for the IJN.

Are we talking about the same Nagato that was laid down in 1917 and launched in 1919 and commissioned in 1920? A Super-Dreadnought Battleship named after the province? Used mostly for training and anti-aircraft defense and only saw action in the Battle of Leyte Gulf?