• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
upload_2019-6-26_23-21-36.png

upload_2019-6-26_23-22-0.png

I had to laugh given my real-life ability to let mail, both electronic and paper, build up unread :D

Just chiming in to say I have tentative plans for the next chapter, but I'm on holiday without internet and my PC, so it'll probably be late July or early August. :) This was supposed to be a one chapter event, but as usual the muses don't allow such silliness. :p Rest assured there is much expansion and action to come; I've played on a few decades! :D I will probably jump over some of the wars though, as I have done in the past. ;)

Enjoy a no doubt much deserved holiday

So after trashing Macedon Rome graciously gives itself the task of the clean-up by taking over the land? :D

Another successful war, and much territory and prestige gained. Hopefully Rome isn't starting to show any signs of overextension, though...

And a Populist consul? What madness is this?! :eek:
My main problem is this is 1.0.3 and every darn tribe has a standing army of a million, and are allied to each other. The later wars against Iberian tribes were an even bigger nightmare than Macedon (who at least didn't drag half of the world with them). Phrygia I will never dare try on, they control all of the Middle Easy, including Egypt. :eek:

As for populists... It's weird. I have like 3 populist characters, but they often dominate the Senate. Most offices are filled by the religious faction, but still the populists have twice their seats and they alternate to have the consulship. Of course, this means it is easier to eventually get a princeps senatus. Every Rome needs a princeps senatus. :D
So after trashing Macedon Rome graciously gives itself the task of the clean-up by taking over the land? :D
Why of course. :D It needed...safe keeping.

And may the son not embarass the father.

One more chapter now, and we’ve reached the end folks. :) Look for it tomorrow, God willing. ;)

Seeking a show-down with Phrygia?

I think it is fair to say he can be called a builder with that pedigree. Or a spendthrift. I suppose it all depends on perspective :) But certainly he turned out massively better than I had feared.

Seeking a show-down with Phrygia?

I think it is fair to say he can be called a builder with that pedigree. Or a spendthrift. I suppose it all depends on perspective :) But certainly he turned out massively better than I had feared.
To be honest, they scare me. They have almost the same amount of troops as me at any point and tributaries. I'm s catious players, so I will only attack if they go into a civil war. Which hasn't happened for well over a century now.

And Rome finally makes the transition from Republic to Empire.

For all his madness, I think history will remember Lucius fondly. I can already see popular histories in this timeline making him out to be some sort of crypto-progressive, ahead of his time.