• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status Report on the Security of Liberia by Grue

We need to invade French Africa so that we are not surrounded by possible threats to our president, and because they are cowards, it should be easy.

End of Security Status Report

Colonel Bran said:
Invading French afrika means war with British afrika which means the royal navy.
My fleet is going to have a hard time.
Well, although we are not likely to beat the Royal Navy or French Navy on the surface, we can still be victorious against them. After all, victory does not always mean winning the enemy. :D
Actually, a submarine force to hunt down convoys and transporters would proof useful against them, as our main goal would be invading liberating African colonies. Preventing the Allies from reinforce and supply them is the best plan for our situation.

Also, we can wait till the next Great War, then we will be able to capture the colonies without much notice. :cool:

Reno Vercetti said:
Well, although we are not likely to beat the Royal Navy or French Navy on the surface, we can still be victorious against them. After all, victory does not always mean winning the enemy. :D
Actually, a submarine force to hunt down convoys and transporters would proof useful against them, as our main goal would be invading liberating African colonies. Preventing the Allies from reinforce and supply them is the best plan for our situation.

Also, we can wait till the next Great War, then we will be able to capture the colonies without much notice. :cool:

You got that right, we need some build-up time too!

From the desk of A. Walrus:

Armaments report -
I am pleased to announce, that due to the merging of Sierra Leone with our country, we will only have to make minor reductions in non-military production to produce the required armaments to fit out the divisions whose construction has been ordered.

Also, we have recovered numerous British small arms, as well as a couple of outdated field guns, which actually outclass the few we have.

Unfortunately, without extreme sacrifices with regards to the production of consumer good and general supplies, we lack the factory space (as well as the expertise) to produce enough aircraft to outfit a full strength aircraft wing; and despite now being in possesion of two modern, large port facilities, we are not currently in a position to begin building any large ships.

Conclusion: I believe, depending on the views of others in the cabinet, that we should either try to develop better quality machine tools to make the most of our current factories; otherwise, we should use the equipment captured in Sierra Leone to enable research that should bring our army somewhat into the 20th century.
Also, while I welcome the decision to strengthen our military, I hope the armed forces see fit to leave some men of working age in our factories - putting them all into the military may make us look powerful, but if I don't have the manpower to produce new equipment for the armed forces, its about as useless as letting the Paradox OT communally run our industry.

A. Walrus

I hope this report is suitable :p

I think the sliders are fairly good. I think we should focus on our IC for the beginning, as Africa has fairly low IC (I think less than 50 for the whole continent)

Can't think of anything else for the moment.

It looks like all the chief members are writing reports, Chief of Staff. I don't know what to have for a report. It should be army oriented then okay.

~ Are army is rather small and needs to be able to move quickly through the long and large spaces of Africa so I learned the School of Manouvre and will be teaching it to all of our commanders and soldiers and Logistics Wizards will be important studies for our officers.

Signed, TheEnlighted1.

I don't want to be left out of the fun, even though the Chief-of-staff is kind of a pointless membership area, It's my pointless area and our glorious army will be unstopable.

TheEnlighted1 said:
It looks like all the chief members are writing reports, Chief of Staff. I don't know what to have for a report. It should be army oriented then okay.

~ Are army is rather small and needs to be able to move quickly through the long and large spaces of Africa so I learned the School of Manouvre and will be teaching it to all of our commanders and soldiers and Logistics Wizards will be important studies for our officers.

Signed, TheEnlighted1.

I don't want to be left out of the fun, even though the Chief-of-staff is kind of a pointless membership area, It's my pointless area and our glorious army will be unstopable.

Maybe i should send you to the battlefield when the time is right? :D

expect an Update today!

Chapter 2 - Jan ´36 - Mar ´36

After the Takeover and the first Reports of the Ministers arrived, I´ll gave Erik von Landorf the Order to improve our Industry:

tech.jpg

Some Blueprints were given by the USA before the New Year

In the meanwhile, Lt.Gen. TheEnlighted1 was given the Command of our Army as he has nothing to do at the moment as Chief of Staff:

CoS.jpg

We send a spy in our country to defend us against Evil Powers

spy.jpg

Later, I requested our Aircraft Industry to produce Interceptors for the Airforce:

air.jpg

But before they began their work, I got the message that an Infantry has finished the training and is ready for Service:

inf3.jpg

In February, the Research of Basic Machine Tools was finished and von Landorf began his work on Improved Machine Tools:

bmt.jpg
research.jpg

On February 24th, something terrible happened. The Italian Bastards has annexed poor Ethiopia and made it to their Colony! Shortafter, I send a protest to Italy!

eth.jpg

Protest Note said:
Mr.Mussolini ( I won´t call you Il Duce, ******* asshole)

It was a very very bad mistake to annex Ethiopia! We won´t tolerate this and revenge will come!

Signed

Government of Liberia

But we have good News, the first Squadron of Interceptors is ready!:

airforce.jpg

Keep ´em flying!

And on March 7th the Germans marched into the Rhineland:

rhineland.jpg

Hooooooooraaaa! I'm on the battlefield, well as for now its better than sitting in a desk looking out a window in Monrovia, blindly writting reports for the military -- right?

I can see when war brake outs the colonial imperialist swine will be taught a lesson -- hopefully it doesn't end like Yumo's Making the Table Round. Great show so far!

Keep ´em flying! :D
Please keep going. :D

Too bad Abyssinia was annexed by Italy, but I hope the native guerrilla will be able to drive them away. After all, they're Italians. :D

Last edited:
Reno Vercetti said:
Keep ´em flying!
Please keep going.

Too bad Abyssinia was annexed by Italy, but I hope the native guerrilla will be able to drive them away. After all, they're Italians.

i don´t think so :(, in Hoi2 Africa is the easiest continent to secure because there are only very few provs which are going to revolt (egypt and south africa IIRC)

Colonel Bran said:
I cant ficht the royal navy with pleasure yachts. :(

Unless I can train some frogmen to scar the hell out of the enemy. :)

i can only build a navy when i research the required techs but industry goes first!

but don´t worry, you´ll get a navy for sure!