• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That seems in some respects a suitable comeuppance for the man. I imagine he will have some harsh words with a certain person in the near future! Adelesia could be a spanner in the words in more ways than one. A competitor in intrigue perhaps?

Chief Ragusa said:
Good stats. Ugly; if people relied on the CK portrait painrers in their choic of bride, the human race would be extinct!

Attacking the Sinai sheikdom will bring in the Ayyubids. They should know that they have not the manpower to attack anything. It also robs them of a reserve force to throw against the Seljuks or Mosul-Kirkuk to hurl them back and removes at least the threat of an attack on Damascus, which is keeping the Sultan's forces at home.

Given the title of your AAR, the Kingdom will fall.

At least Jean now knows Rainers game. Bring in the Ayyubids, Reggio is called in, the Kigdom falls, the Lusignans perish with the exception of Rainers and Reggio is his.

Yeah, she indeed had some good stats (so did Rainers / In one game I played on with a normal KoJ and the two of them had some very bright children.).
And indeed, for CK she is not the most ugly woman around. But Rainers had to cower out of his own trap ;)

Under normal circumstances the Sinai Beydom was a most perfect 'chance' anybody playing the KoJ would hope for. 5 or 6 provinces whom had gained independence from the Ayyubids without any allies. Just on the Kingdoms doorstep.

Jean indeed suspects Rainers game (I don't have the space to rp that as well so I just tell you here) but at the moment he has no real chance to do anything about it. King Godafres has the crusader as well as the reckless traits so Rainers is trying to exploit them.

stnylan said:
That seems in some respects a suitable comeuppance for the man. I imagine he will have some harsh words with a certain person in the near future! Adelesia could be a spanner in the words in more ways than one. A competitor in intrigue perhaps?

Yeah, a woman with such stats (as well as the trait just) might not be an easy one to marry for such a man. :D Good for him....

Singleton Mosby said:
Yeah, she indeed had some good stats (so did Rainers / In one game I played on with a normal KoJ and the two of them had some very bright children.).
And indeed, for CK she is not the most ugly woman around. But Rainers had to cower out of his own trap ;)

Under normal circumstances the Sinai Beydom was a most perfect 'chance' anybody playing the KoJ would hope for. 5 or 6 provinces whom had gained independence from the Ayyubids without any allies. Just on the Kingdoms doorstep.

Jean indeed suspects Rainers game (I don't have the space to rp that as well so I just tell you here) but at the moment he has no real chance to do anything about it. King Godafres has the crusader as well as the reckless traits so Rainers is trying to exploit them.

Adelesia and Rainers would make quite a couple. I like the idea of redemption for Rainers, even if it does not materialise. Actually, Rainers would be just the king the Kingdom of Jerusalem needs.

Crusader and reckless, me thinks Godalfres is soon to meet his maker.

That was a lucky escape for Rainers, it is better to marry a silly cow with great stats, then to lose your head to the king's sword :)

Chief Ragusa said:
Adelesia and Rainers would make quite a couple. I like the idea of redemption for Rainers, even if it does not materialise. Actually, Rainers would be just the king the Kingdom of Jerusalem needs.

Crusader and reckless, me thinks Godalfres is soon to meet his maker.

O, sorry if I wasn't clear :) Godafres is the reckless Crusader King of jerusalem.

Rainers is selfish, cruel and a few more of that kind of things.

And Henri is a cowardly selfish bastard (also nice)

Veldmaarschalk said:
That was a lucky escape for Rainers, it is better to marry a silly cow with great stats, then to lose your head to the king's sword :)

True, so true.

Singleton Mosby said:
O, sorry if I wasn't clear :) Godafres is the reckless Crusader King of jerusalem.

Rainers is selfish, cruel and a few more of that kind of things.

And Henri is a cowardly selfish bastard (also nice)

King Godafres, "l" , I think, awaits him in short order. He can be both reckless and a Crusader. I think Rainers would have made a good King of Jersualem. It's a shame he is not after it. Ah you have listed his good qualities - deceitful, treacherous, vengeful and malicious are his bad side. He's a Kinslayer to boot. Adelasia would be a good match for him. She would need to be a saint, though.

I am looking forward to reading about the sad end of that sorry little weasel, Henri.

8chapter-vi_r1_c1.gif

You know, I am starting to wonder if there might be an embezzlement event at the bottom of all this. I do think Rainiers runs the risk of being a little too clever for his own good.

Rainers has to know that as soon as the war started , if not before, apeals were sent out to therest of the Lusignsns asking them to bring as many menas possible to the Holy land, to encourage their Kings to do the same and urge the Pope to declare a crusade.

THe battle of Har Maron sounds like it will be a crusader victory against the one muslim power with the self-interest to ally with the KOJ. Does Jeam have a masterstroke?

It would be a great shame if embezzlement were all that Rainers were after. There are Reggio and Adelasia fror him to gain as well. I'd be disappointed were Rainers only a thief. To save a kingdom would be be more worthy were he not so despicable.

Chief Ragusa said:
It would be a great shame if embezzlement were all that Rainers were after. There are Reggio and Adelasia fror him to gain as well. I'd be disappointed were Rainers only a thief. To save a kingdom would be be more worthy were he not so despicable.

Ain't to steal a county thievery as well?

And indeed any other, less despicable man would aid his king and kingdom. But, I bet there are loads of 'em out there whom would act like rainers and loot the sinking boat, more or less.

Due to my imminent marriage on monday the 4th I will probably not be able to update this AAR for at least a week.....but, afterwards we will continue where we left :cool:

Singleton Mosby said:
Ain't to steal a county thievery as well?

:rofl: a bit difficult to hide
And indeed any other, less despicable man would aid his king and kingdom. But, I bet there are loads of 'em out there whom would act like rainers and loot the sinking boat, more or less.

Loot it, yes; sink it first, no.
Due to my imminent marriage on monday the 4th I will probably not be able to update this AAR for at least a week.....but, afterwards we will continue where we left :cool:

Congratulations to you on your forthcoming nuptials. May you and your bride enjoy many happy years together.

One Lusignan bites the dust.

Rainers will have to find some reason to leave the Christian forces before the various northern seljuks, Mosulites, Aleppoites and Damascenes link up to wipe them out.

Godafres may win - by some miracle.

Has Adelasia been told the good news about her hand being sought in marriage by Rainers, yet?

Of course, one Lusignan's death might yet inspire the other to brilliancy.

Chief Ragusa said:
Has Adelasia been told the good news about her hand being sought in marriage by Rainers, yet?

That will be described in the next update :) Rainers doesn't know it yet but the Adelasia story ain't over yet.....Don't play with a clever lady ;)

stnylan said:
Of course, one Lusignan's death might yet inspire the other to brilliancy.

Rainers?

And, glad you liked it:)