• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fb-fb:

What a shocker :eek:

I can only hope that wound isn't fatal or else we might have a problem...
That would throw the story for a loop, wouldn't it. But I've never been shy about knocking a character off. ;)

I also greatly enjoyed the Vizzini scene. Adding casual details made me feel as if I was there.

The scene with Huard...wow. He is in a fix. I doubt the wound's fatal though. It'll probably heal before Franklin's eyes just to startle him further. :rofl:
Great to hear, CatKnight. I really enjoyed writing that scene. I started to feel as though I was a little heavy handed with Vizzini's eating habits, but then again, so was he. ;)

If the poker doesn't kill him, that would be a way to go. We'll have to see. :D

So Huard is now one of them :eek:

you must forgive me Coz, i haven't had time to read from this forum, but it seems like you've been busy while I was away. your attention to detail is as fine as ever. I'm feeling a bit hungry for some italian pasta after reading that restaurant scene. ;)
Great to see you again, TreizeV! I am terribly remiss myself in reading your HoI2 AAR. :eek:o

As for Huard, indeed. Glad you liked that scene.

So Huard is a vampire. This scene was really tense and a little scaring. I fear Franklin might have put himself at risk forcing Huard to react like this. I only wonder if the wound is enough to kill the vampire or if it has only wounded him, if it has only wounded him I fear for the two men. Because a wounded beast is always a dangerous beast…
That's an astute point. I cannot say what happens next, but there are several juicy possibilities. :D

Wow, I did not expect that. I guess a poker in the chest could act like a stake... we'll see. I must say, you have got me beaten if Huard is now actually dead. I loved the way that Knox and Franklin basiclly changed chains of thoughts as soon as Knox was beaten. Very well done, sir, very well indeed. You have us all shocked!
True, though it's not wooden. Not even silver. But it went in deep. Either way, he's already dead. ;) And I finally got tired of Temple being a wuss and decided it was time to put him in action. I'd expected something like that to happen but couldn't figure out how until it just worked itself out. I like it when that happens. :cool:

Hmm, always expect the unexpected. :p
And be prepared for bloodshed.

Remember ACA!
Both of which I offered. :D Hopefully it works. I had more planned for that scene, but it seemed the best place to stop it. Besides, what I had immediately next didn't really feel right so I had to come up with a different plan. It'll be revealed soon.

To all - Had a busy late week and no chance to get any writing done. Hopefully, this weekend will cooperate in and around much baseball and the Hall of Fame inductions in Cooperstown. Ricky likes being a Hall of Famer. :D

Thanks for the comments! :)

You just got to love the italians!

Off course the wound that Huard got is not lethal. He's a vampire now, living dead. You can't kill something that already dead unless your a pro and your name is Van Helsing (Speaking about van Helsing, will he make an appearance?)

I have to admit my hair stood up when the body was pulled back under the bed... that worked. And Huard's inability to articulate what he so clearly feels is deeply moving.

When you said, "Steal your nerve.” I believe you meant something else... 'steel' perhaps?

More fb-fb:

You just got to love the italians!

Off course the wound that Huard got is not lethal. He's a vampire now, living dead. You can't kill something that already dead unless your a pro and your name is Van Helsing (Speaking about van Helsing, will he make an appearance?)
And indeed I do. Excellent point on Huard. I won't say which way it goes, but I have an idea. As for Van Helsing - no, HE won't make an appearance, but I have some ideas there as well. I kind of like the idea of Knox - Great Vampire Hunter! :D But have not settled the matter yet as I'd rather see how some things play out.

*pants*

Whew! Caught up, and what an exciting ride!!! :D I say, top quality stuff sir! :D

*collapses*

:rofl:
Great to see you back, demokratickid! I'm pleased to see the various updates flow well. :)

I have to admit my hair stood up when the body was pulled back under the bed... that worked. And Huard's inability to articulate what he so clearly feels is deeply moving.

When you said, "Steal your nerve.” I believe you meant something else... 'steel' perhaps?
I wasn't sure, so great! I had to use that after we discussed it (and Stuyvesant should get a partial story credit alongside Director there, as their ideas gave me the way to go with it.) I didn't focus on the humor of it as much, wanting the feel of the piece to stay the same. Glad it worked.

Also, it is pleasing to hear that Huard's transformation is coming across. It'll be a slow process. On "steal" vs. "steel" - that's what I thought too until I googled it. I am famous for using the wrong spelling on a phrase like that so I checked and google corrected me. Did I do so too soon? Steel sounds right as far as the metaphor goes - "nerves of steel" - but to steal your nerve over some fear also seems to work. :confused: Damn English. I've only been using it for 30 some odd years. :rolleyes:

To all - I've done absolutely no writing this weekend and with Hall of Fame inductions coming today, I am not likely to. The next scene (group of scenes really) will require some extra work too. Sorry for that. I'll try to get some work in this week but I've just been extra lazy this weekend. :D

Knox as a great vampire hunter? I must admit I prefer Buffy, but I guess it could work... Knox' neck might be too fat for any vampire to ever penetrate - that would give him a pretty good advantage...

Seeing Temple struggle throughout the scene makes his final act of bravery that much more interesting, so good job there. It's nice to have someone act normal in the face of a bloody corpse with hungry vampire attached - that is to say, act scared stupid. :)

I have no doubt that Huard will survive the poker in the chest: as has been pointed out repeatedly, it's not a wooden stake, so he should be fine. As to Huard's reaction... depends on whether the shock of the injury 'wakes up' his reason and morals, or whether it triggers an instinctive reaction. If the latter were to happen, I think we can say goodbye to Temple and Knox, so I'll be optimistic and assume that Huard comes to his senses - however briefly.

Knox as a great vampire hunter? I must admit I prefer Buffy, but I guess it could work... Knox' neck might be too fat for any vampire to ever penetrate - that would give him a pretty good advantage...

Seeing Temple struggle throughout the scene makes his final act of bravery that much more interesting, so good job there. It's nice to have someone act normal in the face of a bloody corpse with hungry vampire attached - that is to say, act scared stupid. :)

I have no doubt that Huard will survive the poker in the chest: as has been pointed out repeatedly, it's not a wooden stake, so he should be fine. As to Huard's reaction... depends on whether the shock of the injury 'wakes up' his reason and morals, or whether it triggers an instinctive reaction. If the latter were to happen, I think we can say goodbye to Temple and Knox, so I'll be optimistic and assume that Huard comes to his senses - however briefly.
I just get a smile on my face thinking about Knox in the role of Van Helsing. Not saying I plan to go that route, but it would be fun. :D My sister loved Buffy but I never actually watched it - saw the movie though with the lovely Kristy Swanson.

As for Huard, I have a definite plan of action ready. I still can't say which way it goes but hopefully it'll work. I must admit, the bits about Huard under the bed with another body were really prompted by you. You caught my intended foreshadowing, but as I got to reading the comments, I considered another way to get it to work which I probably would not have done without some of the astute commentary. Me like. :)

And to all - sorry for no updates of late. Been busy with different things and the next scene is a doozy. Still wrapping my head around the sequence. Hopefully this week. Thanks for the comments.

I missed two updates (possibly three, didn't care to go back three pages) but I'm back on track now. Enjoying my vacation (three weeks no work, huzzah!) so time enough to keep reading.

Especially the Italian restaurant scene was very good and with just the right atmosphere. I wonder what will become of Finch if he gets closer with the Italian maffia. It might end quite badly for him in the end.

I missed two updates (possibly three, didn't care to go back three pages) but I'm back on track now. Enjoying my vacation (three weeks no work, huzzah!) so time enough to keep reading.

Especially the Italian restaurant scene was very good and with just the right atmosphere. I wonder what will become of Finch if he gets closer with the Italian maffia. It might end quite badly for him in the end.
No problems there, Qorten. Plenty of time to catch up. The release of HoI3 has made for some busy hours of late so there's not much to show here I am afraid. Hopefully on the weekend. :(

As for the mafia, I have a bit more planned there. Vizzini is too fun to write for for him to be a one and out character. :D