• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have wondered what determines where "refugee" nobles from confiscated provinces go. In my current game as Castile, I have taken in a lot of Arabs and Berbers who have over time converted to Catholicism. A few have become bishops and even popes. Somehow I also took in the first decade going in a Hungarian family called Poth who have served the Emperor of the Spains (me) as bishops and marshals for over five generations. ;) But at some point it would be interesting if my Hungarian marshal would ask for me to attack Venice to recover his patrimony. Maybe in CK2.

Totally, the concept alone gives a bit of OMG factor !
Thats why I called this thread the little things.
Because for me, Crusader Kings II needs to take from CK1 and develop as opposed to creating a totally new game or outlook.

I'd like a possibility to ban someone from the court or to make some unwanted coutier to go into a monastery. That are more "likely" things to happen than a king slaughtering unwanted people.

And I definatelly did not like the fact that I adopted the whole court of every annexed muslim province. My CK1-court looked like a 'harem'(?) in the late-game. Give the player control over who is allowed to join the court.

Perhaps there can be a simple checkbox selection, you can do it based on cultures, and not include other cultures.

[ - ] All Cultures
[ x ] Frankish Culture
[ x ] Welsh Culture
[ x ] etc etc

So, my wife has an affair with a courtier. This is a sin. A terrible sin, and if I put him to the sword the pope is probably going to applaud me.

However, the OP does not take into account this "lawbreaker" status, i.e. the game should seperate courtiers the ruler has reason to execute from those he doesn't.

I think all these suggestions should be part of a complex and dynamic courtier system in game. :cool:

I think all these suggestions should be part of a complex and dynamic courtier system in game. :cool:

Exactly! Your court should be represented with a huge amount of options about management, simulating an actual court.

So, my wife has an affair with a courtier. This is a sin. A terrible sin, and if I put him to the sword the pope is probably going to applaud me.

However, the OP does not take into account this "lawbreaker" status, i.e. the game should seperate courtiers the ruler has reason to execute from those he doesn't.

Maybe a special casus belli system for this sort of thing?

Sparing ppl could leviate your bad boy rep.
Maybe depending on the pope in charche, he will applaud your forgiveness (cause he's got the forgiving trait)
or will denounce you, cause he's a fanatic, zealous dude.

Needless to say: kicking ppl out, or ordering entire families to leave your court should be incorporated in the game, with proper backlashing mechanisms from both directly involved characters, and indirectly: friends of the involved, pope, your liege, your underlings, etc.

Maybe a special casus belli system for this sort of thing?

Sparing ppl could leviate your bad boy rep.
Maybe depending on the pope in charche, he will applaud your forgiveness (cause he's got the forgiving trait)
or will denounce you, cause he's a fanatic, zealous dude.

Needless to say: kicking ppl out, or ordering entire families to leave your court should be incorporated in the game, with proper backlashing mechanisms from both directly involved characters, and indirectly: friends of the involved, pope, your liege, your underlings, etc.

A most excellent suggestion to be incorporated into the system methinks.