• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheButterflyComposer

The Dark Lord Kelebek
57 Badges
Mar 4, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
Brian: You're all different!
The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!
Man in crowd: I'm not...
The Crowd: Sch!

TBC proudly presents...

The Life of Brian, and Other Stories

And lo, the great minds of the past line the path towards the future. Having completed one AAR in four years, it is high time for another novel venture, doomed to fail and flounder, floored by the fragility of time’s flicker.

So…yes, we’re doing some CKIII anthology shit here.

My plan is to take Ireland, a most overlooked and downtrodden tutorial hellscape (in the game) and tell the adventures and calamities that befall it, and the royal family. One genre change per character life. There shall be Shakespearian tragedy. There shall be bawdy britcom escapades. There may even be a modernist, or heaven forbid, post-modernist exploration into the minds behind the curtain, so to speak.

There may also be a musical, at some point.

We begin, as stories often do, just after the beginning. Ireland has recently unified under the strong and grasping hands of Old Ged, the first king of Ireland in many a year. He came from nothing and forged a nation through blood, sweat and a dubious grasp of sanity. Alas, the old king is dead, and with him the best hope for a peaceful future. Now the kingdom’s history turns another spoke on the wheel, and turns towards his many, many children.

This is the story of a Family called Ned.

This is the story of the Kingdom they led.

Tread lightly readers, fun times ahead!

• 4Like
Reactions:
A Sign of Things to Come
A Sign of Things to Come

“His Majesty, Murchad Ned the First of his name, King of Ireland, Duke of Meath and Connaught, Lord of the Irish and Defender of the Realm, is dead. He died peacefully amongst his men, after fighting his last battle in the south of France.”

“The King is dead. Long live the King!”

“His Majesty, Brian Ned the Second of his name, King of Ireland, Duke of Meath, returns post-haste with his men. Ireland must prepare for the crowning of our new king. Weep for our loses and pray for our dearly departed. Then rise, rejoice! And begin anew with the coming era.”

“The King is dead. Long live the King!”

The crowd, still mostly stunned by the announcement, slowly dispersed in small groups. Most muttering and a few weeping to each other as they went. The speaker, a man with grey eyes and only slightly darker beard, looked to his left at his young nephew.

“Well…shit. Now we’re all in for it.”

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Well...there isn't anything to see?

What can I say, I was told to seize my place at the event of a lifetime and I listened.

I am looking forward to this a lot I have to say.

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am the lucky second. Not the first in line, with all the tries and fails that might entail. But the second, learning from @DensleyBlair 's mistakes.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
What can I say, I was told to seize my place at the event of a lifetime and I listened.

I am looking forward to this a lot I have to say.

Based off of a few line of propaganda in another thread. It is true what they say, the Jedi mind trick works best on the weak minded :p ;).

Good to have you along. I'm looking forward to the challenge of this too.

I am the lucky second. Not the first in line, with all the tries and fails that might entail. But the second, learning from @DensleyBlair 's mistakes.

Now here is some political manoeuvring we should all...get behind. Hard to believe it's been three and a half months since we started the first few CK3 AARs. And we both finished one by now too!!!

Now here is some political manoeuvring we should all...get behind. Hard to believe it's been three and a half months since we started the first few CK3 AARs. And we both finished one by now too!!!
Yeah, what took you so long? :p I'm soon finished with my second and third. :D

Yeah, what took you so long? :p I'm soon finished with my second and third. :D

Meh. One of your games died.

Anyway, have a look at the new teaser. From the next update, we'll be getting into The Life of Brian.

Never a truer word spoken. I presume.

Essentially. As soon as the old king died, all of his lands got split up. The new king, as already hinted at, has lot a lot of his land, titles and power and he hasn't even stepped foot in Ireland yet! And as we all know, a load of siblings flung together with equal sized armies and claims on each others lands all get along so famously well...

There may even be a modernist, or heaven forbid, post-modernist exploration into the minds behind the curtain, so to speak.
Oh lord, now I'm imagining an AAR in the style of James Joyce. That would be something to behold

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Oh lord, now I'm imagining an AAR in the style of James Joyce. That would be something to behold

Surely there’s scope for a Dubliners style segment somewhere… What a marvellous thing it would be.

Surely there’s scope for a Dubliners style segment somewhere… What a marvellous thing it would be.
Dubliners, sure, that would be okay, but if he starts channelling Finnegans Wake...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Dubliners, sure, that would be okay, but if he starts channelling Finnegans Wake...

“Nurse! he’s deconstructing accepted 19th century novelistic conventions again!”

Mind you, these in game Irish are so ahead of the curve with their technology we’ll probably hit Beckett by the end of the game.

I came across a siren. But actually it was a mermaid. But actually, it was a dead tramp in a ditch. But actually, when you think about it, it was a siren, because not only can I imagine anything I desire, but death is the ultimate siren for a mortal race such as ours.

Etc. Etc.