• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excuse me, why is Stalingrad and half of the plains between Volga and Urals under some mountains? :p

I'd blame the medieval cartographers who produced the map in-game.

And Tuore - well done thus far, lovely maps and well-executed game. How is the inheritance situation?

Chapter X: The Thing That Should Not Be

On Friday the 13th of July 1422 (Friday 13th :eek:) Henry V died, resulting in Edward IV to rise up. He had a heir, who was apparently Henry's son. The twenty six-year-old heir, named Henry, made sure that the Lancaster's kin would hold the throne. Edward is a decent (5/5/7) king, who now has a crappy empire to rule. With constant, huge rebellions in the south and in the north, the situation is extremely difficult. During late 1423, Henry died because of a difficult sickness.
tragedy.png

In January 1424, he tried to improve the situation by centralizing the empire. He failed miserably resulting in an uprising in Champagne. Even better thing was that another rebellion had just taken place there, rising the rebel numbers up to 19,000:

champ.png

Reinforcement armies of total of 12,000 were sent, but too late. The battle was lost, and Edward slain. And with no legal heir, a noble took his place.

douglasd.png

The Lancaster family has died. Edward's reign only lasted for two years, and only saw rebellions, not even an inheritance. From Henry IV's vast conquests to Henry V's revenge against France... and now to this. Empire of England would most likely survive over the difficult times and even to the end... but along with Lancasters, it's over........

* * *​
And that concludes this AAR. As a story, this wasn't long, but as an experiment with styles, picture editing and exploring the new expansion, it was worth it. Move on to my other AAR, or wait until I make a gameplay one. Thanks for all of you readers and supporters, I hope to see your comments on my future AARs as well.

And if you're really lucky, I might start a new gameplay AAR even tomorrow!

Last edited:
I'm confused: at the start of that post you say that Edward did have an heir, but when he died it seems that he didn't. What happened?

I'm confused: at the start of that post you say that Edward did have an heir, but when he died it seems that he didn't. What happened?

Edward's heir was called Henry, but he died because of the sickness event.

henrie.png

And when no heir was born when Edward died, a noble took the throne.

What?! That's it...damn. Well, it was good while it lasted. Maybe you can keep playing the game, and post a recap when your down as to what the other dynasties did with the empire.