• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's back! Great to see you back Zorro.:)

Maybe you should release a puppet Russia to get more troops?
I like direct supply lines so I'd be hesitant to release them on that alone. By the time Russia gets a decent amount of troops I except to have more than enough of my own by then.

It's back! Great to see you back Zorro.:)
Thank you, it's good to be back!

The fall of Kiev to the Alliance must have been demoralising for the Syndicalists, but I didn't expect those French advances. What it proves is that this war will continue to be tough, even though the Qing may have the advantage in terms of size and manpower.

tBgTHSw.jpg

Wounded Dragon

The garrison units in training have finished, allowing IC to be put towards upgrades. In a splendid display of stupidity I forgot to add MP brigades to them, making them pretty much worthless for counteracting the partisans. I go ahead and add 20 MP brigades into production. I’d like to do more but infantry divisions are needed much more.
The French are really putting up a fight against every Imperial attack. They led another successful counter attack forcing the Qing to, once again, call off their offensive.

UvvyRtG.jpg

On the same day the Qing won a great victory and received a terrible loss. Korosten had been taken after much bloodshed, the victory would allow for a shorter front line. However, the victory was nearly nullified with the loss at Vinnitsa in the former Ukraine. The defeat at Vinnitsa would need to be contained ASAP.

RMNvcfJ.jpg

The normally quiet White Ruthenia front turns hot and a desperate defense of Borisov begins.

5yUCiPc.jpg

The area is heavily reinforced but it didn’t matter. In a crushing blow, Borisov has fallen to Syndicalists.

kDa6ja8.jpg

Fortunately two full armored corps were able to move in and plug the gap created at Borisov. Armored cavalry were able to halt the enemy Odessa.

The Ukraine has finally stabilized, it’s far from secure but for the time being the enemy isn’t attacking. I’ve switched over to a defensive strategy for the moment to take advantage of the winter.

A nightmare scenario might happen as the Alliance mounts an amphibious assault on Leningrad. I was worried about such an attack so it does have a single infantry division. If the battle is lost no doubt a flood Syndicalists’ divisions will flood behind our lines.

Xj84vE0.jpg

The idea of enemy troops pouring into Leningrad, simply, is terrifying. The entire Qing air force is flown into Leningrad and the interceptors will try to defend the bombers for a naval strike.

In a minor victory for the embattled Qing air force they are able to stop the assault.

9HUIOPI.jpg

PQTN6uD.jpg

A massive attack came out of White Ruthenia and defeated the Qing surprisingly fast. 60 divisions are in full retreat, including the elite tank and paratrooper divisions. More and more alliance forces are making their way to the front.

XeqKzTp.jpg

It looks like the Qing will have to go on the defensive and await reinforcements.

As always, thanks for reading!

Reactions:
And so, like a glorious Phoenix of Monarchism, the mighty Qing Empire rises from the ashes to once again to battle with the forces of vile Anarchist Marxist Jacobinism. May the legions of Heaven be victorious!

Reactions:
It is back! But the Syndicalists also seem to back militarily, so going on the defensive is probably the best option.

Woo hoo an update! Thank heavens oh heavens for blessing the ever-mighty Qing in their struggle against Syndie high tech barbarism!
A long overdue update :). The Qing will regain the mandate of heaven.

And so, like a glorious Phoenix of Monarchism, the mighty Qing Empire rises from the ashes to once again to battle with the forces of vile Anarchist Marxist Jacobinism. May the legions of Heaven be victorious!
A Qing victory is the Kaiser's only hope!

It is back! But the Syndicalists also seem to back militarily, so going on the defensive is probably the best option.
It would seem they brought their full might to the front now. I'm just glad that Leningrad held out from that attack.

th

Reactions:
tBgTHSw.jpg

The River Guard

It appears that China’s enemies will not be content with simply letting the status quo remain. A two prong attack begins in the Baltic. If the line folds, a retreat to Leningrad may be necessary.

oqmlvEw.jpg

France starts another attack to dislodge the Qing from the Ukraine. The Imperial’s do have some forces they can send in to reinforce the defenders and do so.

kC9jvDw.jpg

The French offensive overruns the defenders much more quickly than anticipated. Kiev is threatened.

uggToyH.jpg

The Syndicalists launch even more attacks from White Ruthenia and the Ukraine seriously jeopardizing the entire front. The best bet may be to fall back to the far side of the Dnieper River. The Qing have 75 divisions in training but they won’t be ready for nearly three months.

The French were able to exploit the gap they created in the Ukraine and seize Kiev. They proceeded to “liberate” the Ukraine, humiliating the Qing.

0it6zYF.jpg

It is no longer an option to deploy behind the Dnieper River, it is a necessity. The Qing have been overrun in the Ukraine. The hope now is that the Qing can get across the river before the French do.

MGR6CFo.jpg

The situation is also dire in the Baltic and the Imperials fall back to Narva in good order.

Not wanting to be left out, the White Ruthenia front is also collapsing. Fortunately, some divisions are already waiting beyond the river so there is no threat of French overwhelming their fallback position, at least in the short term.

pGAI1kj.jpg

To avoid a complete disaster in the Ukraine an attack on Kiev is underway to buy time for more Qing troops to get across the river. The move pays off and some troops are on the far side of the river so no bold French HQs can rush behind the Qing. Now the focus will be to get all our troops across the river.

Tc7b5iM.jpg

Already the French test the new Qing position. They are finding it not so easy to cross a river in the winter.

eaAX9Zd.jpg

All Qing forces have managed to get into their new positions. While no amount of propaganda can gloss over this clear Syndicalists victory at least the damage was controlled.

xXJvW42.jpg

Reactions:
The fallback position will hopefully give you some time to build up your forces and be able to fight back.

In terms of resources, I think China is ahead.

uU51DI4.jpg

63nBKFj.jpg

Fighting all of Europe united under the totalist banner is no small challenge, though. :)
I planned the attack on Europe mostly how I would attack Germany as the Soviet Union, with 400 divisions. I didn't account for how strong French annexed and then released countries were, such as the German Union, Poland, and most others. Also I began the war with 345 divisions at the front short of my planned 400.

The fallback position will hopefully give you some time to build up your forces and be able to fight back.
Exactly what I was thinking :)

I planned the attack on Europe mostly how I would attack Germany as the Soviet Union, with 400 divisions. I didn't account for how strong French annexed and then released countries were, such as the German Union, Poland, and most others. Also I began the war with 345 divisions at the front short of my planned 400.

Exactly what I was thinking :)
And it makes for a much more exciting story :)

Also if you lose you can still be happy that you helped force the peoples of Europe into a unification unlike any other before. Communist EU, nothing unites people better than a common ideological enemy.

China sure has problems, but she has more resources than Commie Europe, I wager. So in the end the billions of the east will prevail.;)

And it makes for a much more exciting story :)

Also if you lose you can still be happy that you helped force the peoples of Europe into a unification unlike any other before. Communist EU, nothing unites people better than a common ideological enemy.
It does make it more interesting and fun.

China sure has problems, but she has more resources than Commie Europe, I wager. So in the end the billions of the east will prevail.;)
China may have more resources but each side has so much I don't think it matters. But having 30,000 manpower does make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside :).

It does make it more interesting and fun.

China may have more resources but each side has so much I don't think it matters. But having 30,000 manpower does make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside :).
Better to have 200 fresh divisions in reserve and 0 manpower than to have 30,000 manpower and a broken front with Internationale tanks herding your shattered armies into giant cauldrons :eek:

Turn those manpower reserves into troops! Would liberating Russia help by letting them crank out troops?

Better to have 200 fresh divisions in reserve and 0 manpower than to have 30,000 manpower and a broken front with Internationale tanks herding your shattered armies into giant cauldrons :eek:

Turn those manpower reserves into troops! Would liberating Russia help by letting them crank out troops?
That would be about 2,727 divisions :D. I'm worried about supply lines if I were to release Russia.

The Seas Belong to the Empire

The Qing busy themselves digging in behind the mighty Dnieper River. The dreaded Syndicalists seem content to allow this. Of course this is mainly due to the fact that they are occupying all their freshly won territory.

What treacherous Syndicalists do not know is that Emperor Puyi was not idle during the Qing retreat. He was calling upon his vassal subjects in India, Korea and Japan to aid the Imperial war effort. No less than 130 divisions answered the call to arms. Even now Japanese, Korean, and Indian troops reinforce their Qing brothers-in-arms at the various fronts.

The French dared to test the mettle of the fresh troops but were beaten back in short order.

B8YEOXw.jpg

The military police brigades finish their training. Once these forces are in position, the supply lines from Beijing will be secured.

Several weeks passed uneventfully as the Qing waited for the end of winter and reinforcements. The French sent in their armor at Kremenchug to try and get across the river. However, the Imperial forces were able to reinforce the position and drive the enemy back.

hfrg1JK.jpg

75 proper Qing divisions finish their training and are deployed at the front. By March 15 the troops arrive at their locations and the Syndicalists have yet to attack. In a little over two months the Qing were able to add 220 fighting divisions to the warzone. The front appears to be secure but one can never be too careful. A further 81 divisions begin their training. Ideally, Imperial forces would like to be around 800 divisions before the offensive into Europe begins again.

OhVDGeA.jpg

Things slow down as the Qing await the end of winter. In a surprise attack the Germans bombed the Qing transport fleet anchored at Vladivostok. No Syndicalists air base is anywhere near the area. I can only assume the AI has unlimited air range like naval.

Qing Naval Command decided to move the transports to a Chinese port for better protection when the fleet is engaged by a surprisingly powerful German carrier force. Guess it wasn't an air attack after all.

vaXaNGX.jpg

j5hBI97.jpg

It would appear as if the Qing have a spy in their midst! It seems more than a coincidence that when the Qing Submarines are on their way to the Crimea that the Syndicalists attack.

The submarine fleet is ordered to head back to China. Off the southern coast of India they meet a Union of Britain taskforce.

9XA2K1n.jpg

Admiral T.S. Chu, hero of the war against Japan, seeking revenge against the German Navy went to Port Blair. Being the only Syndicalist port in the area, there was a good chance of catching them here. The admiral would be correct.

(Actually Port Blair is controlled by the German Empire, not the German Union. Got to love it when mistakes work out :).)

m9p6cf5.jpg

Very quickly Admiral Chu took the upper hand. The Germans foolishly kept their carriers with their battleships, denying the carriers much of their range advantage. The opening attack on the DNS Barbarossa would kill the German Grand Admiral, leaving them leaderless.

eC6cCsG.jpg

The aggressive minded Chu wasn’t going to allow the German Navy anytime to reorganize and repair. He sailed his fleets for the Central Bay of Bengal.

jEEU6ei.jpg

Here Chu delivered a crushing blow, sinking all of the German Navies carriers. Never again would they threaten the Qing homeland. Three battleships and one light cruiser, though crippled, survived the furious Qing assault.

l6srf8I.jpg

Every ship that dared attack Vladivostok now lays charred and broken at the bottom of the Indian Ocean. The seas belong to the Empire!

yxHRADm.jpg

The outdated Diesel-Electric Submarines of the Qing Navy were nonetheless able to carry the day against the German Navy. Modern doctrines and their leader's battle experience played a large role.

In the Ukraine the French led another attack. They would seem to be attacking the Qing looking for a weak point.

T4pioFJ.jpg

The attack is repealed. While the Syndicalists have been searching for a weak point the Qing have been doing the same. The Alliance, just a few short months ago, were able to launch multiple attacks simultaneously. It would seem they have lost that ability, limiting themselves to just a single attack at a time and only in the Ukraine. In May it was decided the Qing would go on the offensive again.

3i7Onva.jpg

A German Union soldier looks on helplessly from Kiev as another Syndicalists assault fails

Last edited: