• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A battle between titans!

tBgTHSw.jpg

Opening Moves

It is the late summer of 1957. A day hasn't even passed after the annexation of Russia. The Emperor ordered the military to prepare for the invasion of Europe. The Imperial Army is in a state of disorganization at the moment. When the Russian line shattered the faster units of the Empire rushed forward to seize key Russian positions. This left units scattered about the country.

The combined might of The Internatiale Alliance is greater than that of the Qing Empire for the time being. However, the Alliance is slumbering with its military separated amongst their member states. The Qing will swarm their outlying nations of the Ukraine, the Baltic State, and White Ruthenia. Ideally these nations will be annexed before the Germans and French can reinforce them.

R4sNgeK.jpg

Out of our first three opponents, the Baltic State looks like it will offer the most resistance. They have land forts, excellent defensive terrain, and only three provinces to defend initially. To compensate for this the army has been allocated more armored and mechanized divisions to break through.

796j0H5.jpg

White Ruthenia is the weakest link and conveniently located in the center of the three targets. I don't expect any trouble with them. Depending on how it plays out these units may move into Poland or be used against the Baltic State and the Ukraine.

8pDfJrX.jpg

This front has most of the Imperial Army units assigned to it. If all goes well then the extra units will be used to invade southeastern Europe, even with the extra divisions they will have to spread themselves out more and more as they advance.

Moscow is currently hosting the Qing Air Fleet. The Air Force is mainly made up of interceptors. Enough that Alliance fighters and bombers will be a non issue. However, they lack offensive capabilities only having a few squadrons of Harbin H-5 bombers.

Bd9jC9R.jpg

"Drawing of the Ilyushin Il-28 jet bomber built by the Soviet Union. China would license the design and designated them the Harbin - 5. They saw service in China until 2011."

Currently the Empire has several projects it is working on. Garrisons are currently being trained, many will be needed. southern Asia is open up for invasion, these beaches will need to be manned soon to safeguard China.

Many upgrades are available but the Qing's industry is busy working on dozens of factories. These factories will help tremendously with out TC and extra IC is always great. Once these factories are finished progress on upgrading the military can begin.

Lastly research in air cavalry is lacking, progress will need to be made quickly. I actually just figured out that you need CAS research to unlock it :oops:.

s1kvEy2.jpg

As you can see more garrisons will be needed. I forgot to attach MP brigades to all my current garrisons so from here on out I'll have to remember that. I will probably train up a few militia divisions to battle rebels that pop up. A least until I get a handle on revolt risk. I certainly don't want to use frontline troops for that purpose. That being said I will leave 12 infantry divisions in China proper in case the AI attempts to get cute with landings.

TNxL2QH.jpg

Next up will start with the action as the Qing will begin the invasion of Europe at the start.

As always, thanks for reading!

I hadn't put much thought into it yet. The Qing owe their existence to the Kaiserreich but Europe would look nice in blue.
The proud Germans would never accept being under the Chinese yoke! Liberate them! This isn't to say that China will get nothing... Germany, and the rest of Europe, would make fine tributary states! Also, get Mosley, Valois, Mussolini, Khrushev, and Ulbricht to kowtow to the Emperor before giving them the fate they deserve: death of a thousand cuts!

The proud Germans would never accept being under the Chinese yoke! Liberate them! This isn't to say that China will get nothing... Germany, and the rest of Europe, would make fine tributary states! Also, get Mosley, Valois, Mussolini, Khrushev, and Ulbricht to kowtow to the Emperor before giving them the fate they deserve: death of a thousand cuts!
The Germans seem fine living under the French yoke :D. I do like having strong puppets however because then I get a lot of blueprints.

Subbed!
And for what it's worth, I think you should balkanize Europe as much as possible!

Those are some mighty forces along the borders of your empire. But it will cost the lives of many men to defeat the The Internatiale Alliance.

Subbed!
And for what it's worth, I think you should balkanize Europe as much as possible!
Thanks for following! I usually prefer to set up puppet governments but who knows. First I need the victory :D.

Those are some mighty forces along the borders of your empire. But it will cost the lives of many men to defeat the The Internatiale Alliance.
Many will lose their lives but the Qing have an exhaustable supply of manpower while The Internatiale Alliance does not.

tBgTHSw.jpg

Europe Under Siege

War is declared on France and Imperial forces begin their massive assault on Europe. The Qing Empire begins their last war.

Predictably the initial battles are going well against the Ukraine and White Ruthenia. The Baltic State is putting up a much better fight. The Qing bombers fly sorties to offer assistance.

zuuzQhQ.jpg

The dreaded Syndicalists send their vaunted air forces to the front in force. Massive engagements erupt in the sky as Imperial and Alliance pilots face each other. The Qing air force is able to intercept an Alliance bomber group attempting to raid the air base at Moscow.

VFJpPuC.jpg

The air war heats up as the Union of Britain fighters and interceptors engage their Qing counterparts. The battle ends in a draw, far from encouraging. This isn't an isolated incident, the Alliance is attempting to overwhelm the Empire's air force as wave after wave of bombers and fighters are sent against them.

XjKrUSh.jpg

The Battle of Ostrogozhsk would prove to be only a minor footnote by the wars end but it was the first victory on the ground. A few others have been won since as the Imperial Army begins to break through the Ukraine's defenses. Many battles are still being fought across the front.

XHHyuPn.jpg

The Italians send another bomber force to attack Moscow but the Qing attack enmass. Missile command tracks the retreating bombers back to their base and launches a missile strike against their air base, temporally destroying it. Something must be done to slow down the Alliance air attacks. The Qing's air force has been completely over estimated and most of the interceptor wings are down to half strength.

8af5nqa.jpg

The Qing begin their assault of Minsk in an attempt to take the first Syndicalist capital. The inferior divisions of White Ruthenia are desperately trying to hold on. Perhaps the Alliance isn't as strong as intelligence believed?

NUk2Tou.jpg

Minsk falls making them one step closer to annexation. The Baltic State still holds on and the Empire is losing in Narva. The Qing Empire has unlimited manpower so the battle will be fought to the end. Imperial troops in White Ruthenia move north to the Baltic to offer assistance.

snW7RTd.jpg

A mechanized force rushes through the lines in an attempt to seize Ruthenia's last victory point. A lone enemy division is there but they have modern equipment. Hopefully I have more time before it brings its friends.

hWHl3ji.jpg

The Baltic State still holds line against the Qing assault. What’s more is French troops are moving in to reinforce them, with the terrain being what it is, this could delay the victory.

2uiEq6H.jpg

Fortunately the round of factories has finished, freeing up IC for upgrades and the training of more troops. The Imperial Army has finally broken through the Baltic State's defenses. The armor units that broke through are turning north for an encirclement.

j0uL22N.jpg

3O5ePJb.jpg

Using the arcane powers of sorcery, the enemy teleports behind my lines.

Wd8Hp2b.jpg

The encircled Alliance divisions at Narva are still stubbornly resisting. It remains to be seen if they can be defeated before the lightly defended area at Parnu is overrun by the Alliance.

The brutal Battle of Daugavpils is still is ongoing as French units have reinforced the Baltic State. The Qing are taking enormous losses.

9IZFvOR.jpg

What was expected to be a quick victory over White Ruthenia is turning into a disaster as the Qing is losing the battles thanks to the timely arrival of French armor and motorized divisions. It looks like Nowogrodek will hold.

hiG4U09.jpg

The Ukrainian theatre has seen much more success. While the French have enforced the western Ukraine they are losing battles that will allow an assault on Kiev. In the East, the Ukrainian Army is in disarray and on their heels, the way to the Crimean Peninsula is open.

bNWQf4s.jpg

My plan for lighting annexations of the border countries has failed. Looks like it will be a slug fest to annex them.

As always, thanks for reading!

Hah! The Internationale, suitable of their evil, is using Black magic! Fortunately, Puyi's first English name was Henry, and Harry is a nickname for Henry, so you might as well be led by Harry Potter, except a Chinese and also a demigod.

Hehe, glad to see you have found an at least adequate, if not challenging, enemy in the Internationale. I rarely see the Internationale unite the continent under syndicalism like that. A scary foe! But a Qing empire stretching from Pacific to St. Petersburg is also scary.

Good luck slugging it out with the Syndicalist mega-armies!

This sure is a clash of titans...!

No Qing Blitzkreig this this time around then. But the harsh resistance in the Baltics means less resistance one you manage to push more inwards.

Yes crush them here and there will be nothing to stop you driving to the Atlantic.

Hah! The Internationale, suitable of their evil, is using Black magic! Fortunately, Puyi's first English name was Henry, and Harry is a nickname for Henry, so you might as well be led by Harry Potter, except a Chinese and also a demigod.
I hate it when units are able to move away while under attack.

A big advantage is your infinite manpower, 1:0 Qing
I think I'm currently at a reinforcement need of 140 IC or so. It is a huge advantage and a welcome one.

Hehe, glad to see you have found an at least adequate, if not challenging, enemy in the Internationale. I rarely see the Internationale unite the continent under syndicalism like that. A scary foe! But a Qing empire stretching from Pacific to St. Petersburg is also scary.

Good luck slugging it out with the Syndicalist mega-armies!
I'd prefer to have more IC to be honest but I can live with what I have. You don't know how many times I've forgotten I'm playing as the Qing and not Russia during this invasion of Europe :D.

This sure is a clash of titans...!
I'm curious to see how many more troops the Internationale can bring up. I haven't noticed any from Germany yet.

No Qing Blitzkreig this this time around then. But the harsh resistance in the Baltics means less resistance one you manage to push more inwards.
Hoping to be able to at least Blitz threw the Ukraine it sure isn't going to happen anywhere else now.

Yes crush them here and there will be nothing to stop you driving to the Atlantic.
That is the plan! If not I'll be spamming more infantry divisions.