The last standing battle., need advice.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

marcelo r. r.

Field Marshal
11 Badges
Mar 26, 2019
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
This is a aftermath of this scenario, im running for the level 9 general achievment in a iron man mode.

First thanks to fellow strategists who contributed on previous post.

Theres my situation,

i helped allies, but we failed to save Soviet Union despite massive lend lease, when it happened, and fascist russia created joining Axis, i was thinking "now we have a massive challenge and a oportunity to grind experience".

VERY STRANGELY Germany just few days after soviet union fall, started to collapse , from a invincible wall, their units got more and more depleted of STR, the "grinding" i was expecting didn't hapenned.. Theres only japan left now.

After Japan i will declared on spain, Allies will be on my neck.

Theres some doubts and objectives,

- is there any hope to avoid atomic bombs? USA probably started make some...
- My strategy will be make another Army just to hold the line against AI exploits, becuase i will use only the "main general" to atack to get the achievment... is there any problema with this im missing?
- i will abandon africa colonies, i dont want multifronts.
- i will slowly move to "space marine" with heavy tanks.
- i will delete some Dockyards to get more MILS, i have a massive navy from peace conferece.
- Portugal only have Tungsten and Chromium i will need take out spain(after complete collab mission) to get some spare iron production.
- i have nuke production LOL,. i will save for a emergency LOLL.

Theres my situation, i have the single general with large INF divisions, i managed to get level 6 with him.

1678915321686.png

Attachments

• NeutralPortugal.hoi4
    40,2 MB · Views: 0
If you get Spain before fighting the Allies, just put your General on the pyrenees front and wait. You better grind defensively. So all you need is enough airforce to stop nukes from dropping on iberia and your fleet on strike force to stop naval invasions. Have some garrisons on the ports. Iberia is a fortress if build correctly. If you have a fort on every border province to france, you can put 72 inf on you general and just use garrison order on fronts only and you can hold the pyrenees forever. At one point you will get a lvl 10 general that way.

Reactions:
I started another run, theres a better shape....

I helped Allies when Axis have upper had(Soviet Union capitulated) and did the "Empire of Portugal and Brazil" thats more powerful.

I discovered(someone mentioned in another thread) that atack encircled divisions gives lots of exp(i don't know why), so setuping big encirclements, and farming it helps a lot.

I have level 7, 65% general, and theres lots of stuff to do, Uk is underequipped, then they can't advance much, im doing all the work to "unstuck" divisions.

The major threat to my setup is when USA sneak in Japan mainland ahead of time(but this only happen if i naval minelayer japan waters, allied AI is bad at get supremacy far east).

1679247677481.png