• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
The Last Ride of the Khans​

Mongolia is a land when most think of it, conjures up images of sand, goats, and nomads. Mongolia; a land that brings images of the great Genghis Khan, riding though the steppes, yurts and plains. This was not the Mongolia of 1936. This Mongolia had been freed from the Qing Dynasty of China merely in 1911, 25 years ago, and had remained outside the view of the civilized world until the Russian Civil War. During the civil war, one Baron Roman Friederich Nickolaus von Ungern-Sternberg led White Russian forces to take control of the country. Von Ungern-Sternberg was a Baltic German born in Graz, Austria, and had strong Monarchical leanings, leading him to declare himself Khan of All Mongols.

The leaders of the White government, led by President Kerensky reluctantly recognized the new government, hoping it would be of assistance in the war against the Reds. The were sorely mistaken. Von Ungern-Sternberg led the Mongolia government to take control of sections of the Trans-Siberian Railroad as well as the Tuva protectorate. This is where our story begins, in Ulan Bator of 1936.

screensave1dn7.png
Mongolia in 1936​

This AAR will be a Mongolian AAR, trying for World Conquest
  • All the Russia's .4a
  • HOI2:DD 1.3a
  • Some Custom Events
  • Leaders of Tannu Tuva and Menchuko moved to Mongolia so I can have enough leaders.

Chapter 1: March to War
Chapter 2: Winning the Peace

Last edited:
trying for World Conquest

Well, you've got quite ways, haven't you.
Good luck though! :D

That idea seem very interesting, but if you want to conquer the world with the Khans, in all the Russias/Kaiserreich the best candidate is certainly Turkestan. Event if it not purely mongol, it have a great potential, i often seen them own Russia. It claim the throne of the former mongol empire. I'll be following this, whatever your nation. Good luck!

Zomby said:
Ah damn, I was considering doing a Mongol AAR in Kaiserreich..
they are two different mods, so....

If you dont build masses of cavalry and go around kicking ass, i'll be heart broken.

Technique said:
If you dont build masses of cavalry and go around kicking ass, i'll be heart broken.

I agree, only use cavalry that would be so awesome. Are you going to have alot of IC?

WC?

Heh.

Yes, horsemen by their metric tonne are a must.

Well, unfortunately no update today or tomorrow due to personal reasons, but I do have a question for you all. Should I use Doomsday 1.3a or regular HOI2 1.3b?

Using DD will require a little extra work, but it is perfectly doable. Now, you decide.

Why would using DD require extra work? I would use it just for the extended time period and intelligence folder and other small things that make it a great expansion. But you must decide, young Padawan.

GeneralHannibal said:
Well, unfortunately no update today or tomorrow due to personal reasons, but I do have a question for you all. Should I use Doomsday 1.3a or regular HOI2 1.3b?

Using DD will require a little extra work, but it is perfectly doable. Now, you decide.

Why would DD require extra work? DD and ATR work just fine for me. :confused:

By a little work I meant downloading the patch and coping my DD folder. About 4-5 minutes in all. I guess that means it will be in DD, expect an update tomorrow :)

AKjeldsen said:
Well, seems like you've got your work cut out for you. Good luck, and look out for the Russians. And the Japanese. And the Chinese. :D
Don't forget Sinkiang!!!