• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
to my mentor or Sensei Veldmaarschalk

Veldmaarschalk said:
Thanks, I am looking forward to your AAR
Will it feature your Roman empire mod ?

Yes of course, now I'm doing a lot of work to adapt and balance it, to add events and so on.....
It started as a try to roleplay as an emperor struggling to keep it the Roman Empire united in 1066, instead of the usual expansionist policy (as EU1, EU2, HOI1, HOI2 etc...) I wanted the task to manage the fall.

:rolleyes: well....it is more fun to play as Germany King and crush the evil and old Roman Empire :D

The mod is not ready, and I'm not sure what role I want to play, I was even thinking to switch dynasty every time my character dies......I know.....it will lead to an AAR of the Empire more than of a dynasty
(I'm not sure about that, the point is that playing a continue dynasty as a ruler make CK too easy to conquer all Europe, so I may only skip a ruler-character playing a secondary dynasty member every a while)

I'm preparing a introduction, a history to justify why the Roman Empire exist in 1066. (mainly because of luck, effective buffer states in the northen border, ability to absorbe and federate the muslism expansions in the south/east, but this at cost of high taxes, struggling economy, an underdeveloped tech and high decentralization)

I may use Divine Shadow to be able to play non-christian Roman Governor (or countries).

About the Suicide and Poison Death events, where can I find them?

Tprovic

PS how can I add my signature?
and thanks for your feedback

Last edited:
You can add it signature by going to user CP (user control panel), it is on the top left corner of your screen

and then you see on the right side

edit signature

You can only add signature if you have been a member for a certain period of time (6 weeks I think) and/or if you have posted a specific number of post.

Zeifer said:
Wow, I found this to be a truly epic tale. I was so intrigued by it I even went back and got some statistics on the rulers. Enjoy!

Cause of death
Death by Old Age – 8
Death by Illness – 7
Death in Battle – 5
Death by Poisoning – 2
Death by Assassination – 2
Death by Suicide – 1
Abdicated before death – 1

The Curse of Gaimar
Gaimar V – Death by Illness, reigned 5 years. Age at death was 17.
Gaimar VI – Death in Battle, reigned 4 years. Age at death was 22.
Gaimar VII – Death in Battle, reigned 2 years. Age at death was 24.
Gaimar VIII – Death by Illness, reigned 6 years. Age at death was 25.

Dude, what is it with you and killing off your rulers? The Welshies were even worse! Is it part of your mod? or do you just work them that hard?

j.