• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can he justify my corwadice as bravery? Cause if so he got the job, I'd use him everyday!
He is well practised at this vital life skill.

I'm in for the ride!
Huzzah!
I'm joining too !

The Earl of Halifax is irresistable.
He has bested every challenge so far, but soon he will face a new and diabolically cunning opponent.

And on that note I see that the weavers have finished their work, so the next Chapter is ready for your perusal.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Chapter III

BPYSwO1.jpg

cbc63ig.jpg

DNGVPof.jpg

laf3duY.jpg

07KsKpd.jpg

p4vnHFm.jpg

qUbbm4v.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Roses are red
And gherkins are pickled
The work of the weavers
Has left me most tickled!

• 3Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Margaret will soon learn she had a lot of luck to marry him. Or she will finally live with it. :(

• 2Like
Reactions:
Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.

Hastings must be up to around six or seven by now, so should still have a long (if fearful) life ahead of him yet! Plenty of time for minster-wrangling.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Roses are red,
Tapestries are woven;
What the Hell, Pip?
...Eh,
What did I expect?
Good poetry?

This should be fun so I think I will stick around.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Roses are red
And gherkins are pickled
The work of the weavers
Has left me most tickled!
I know I have done good work when people break out the poetry to respond. :)

Margaret may have married beneath her station
It was not quite the marriage to the martial hero that she was promised.

Beauty, Ugliness; Bravery, Foolhardiness; Patriot, Rebel. It is all in one's viewpoint.
I will have to disagree on that one I'm afraid. Far too much like subjectivism for my engineer's soul.

Margaret will soon learn she had a lot of luck to marry him. Or she will finally live with it. :(
We shall indeed find out.

Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come.

Hastings must be up to around six or seven by now, so should still have a long (if fearful) life ahead of him yet! Plenty of time for minster-wrangling.
He remains a young man, but Medieval Minster building was a slow process even if you had adequate funds.

For some reason this gives me Blackadder vibes except Halifax reminds me of Baldrick lol
King Harold is, in part, modelled on Brian Blessed's performance as "Richard IV" from Blackadder. Mixed in with his performance as Duke of Exeter in Brannagh's Henry V (which is quite incredible if you have not had the pleasure of seeing it).

Basically there is a lot of Brian Blessed in how I imagine this King Harold behaving

Roses are red,
Tapestries are woven;
What the Hell, Pip?
...Eh,
What did I expect?
Good poetry?
Well the critically socially realistic Limerick has yet to be invented, so Lord Halifax must struggle on as best he can with less forms of Poetry.

This should be fun so I think I will stick around.
Excellent.
DYAEiOu.gif

• 2Like
Reactions:
Too bad his personal life isn't as successful as his professional one.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is hilarious.

Subbed!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Too bad his personal life isn't as successful as his professional one.
They are still newly wed, so there is time for him to win her around. But it has not been a promising start.

This is hilarious.

Subbed!
I am delighted to welcome you aboard.

I hear sounds of satisfaction and tea drinking from the workshop, that can only mean the weavers have finished the next yards of the tapestry and it will soon be on display for your education and edification.

Reactions:
Chapter IV
HHyEEWD.jpg

baiW4B6.jpg

cjjPl7D.jpg

uaqUn3o.jpg

YfTxONS.jpg

j4miSEG.jpg

dDK8fB0.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Wait, what? I need to lie down...

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Good to see Halifax employs an efficient and diligent Witchsmeller. Of course, like traffic fines, they don’t need to be be accurate to be efficient - just so long as quotas are filled and examples made. Losing a member of the petty gentry, no matter how competent (or indeed innocent), hardly matters when balanced against such compelling arguments.

The flames are red,
And the Mayor is blue,
He must be a warlock,
Even if it’s not true.

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Roses are red
Eorcenberht’s ash
Halifax’s verse
Will rake in the cash

Huzzah!

• 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Roses are red,
The mayor's a warlock;
We burned him til dead,
Thus mitigating perfidious ontological discourse regarding sociocritical pontifications on ramifications of procreation out of wedlock.

As we can see the poets are hard at work developing what will eventually become the staple of Slovakian verbal arts, assuming the Slovaks ever manage to invent and manufacture a staple.

• 9Haha
Reactions: