• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good for Stanley--though it will be the success of British arms and the keeping up of "prestige" that will ensure the future of the Empire in the east.

Anson sounds like one of the "Super-Lion" designs, basically a scaled-up KGV with 4 triple 16" turrets--v. cool.

Is Mountbatten's job basically his OTL (Combined Ops) job?

How long until the Mountbatten press junket kicks into action? Just don't let him near any post war decision making processes...

A nice navy-related update, Le Jones.

“To preserve the British Empire. From all threats.” It was delivered bluntly; Harriman knew that he was being warned.

“I shall pass that on, Foreign Secretary,” Harriman said formally.

“There’s no point whining later on when the President starts to meddle. So I’m warning you now, it’s ‘hands off’ British territory.”

The two men, from different worlds, with differing views, nevertheless shook on the understanding that Harriman had gained.

Harriman might get it, but I fear FDR might not.

Pray tell, do I need to get the whips out? Looking ever so much for an update old chum!

It has been a while since the last update. Has the strain of having to think like Halifax finally overcome the author? I fear it might.

It has been a while since the last update. Has the strain of having to think like Halifax finally overcome the author? I fear it might.

I gotta say: if that is true, then Le Jones had a lot of stamina in him before he was finally overwhelmed.

According to his profile, Le Jones hasn't been around since early August. He may be busy with his holidays or else, but posting here isn't going to help too much, methinks. This is a clear "Allenby" case. Prepare the Tower, then. :D

We have two things before us...

1) A great yet sadly abandoned thread

and

2) A recent LeJones sighting in the forums!

I'm starting the official 'draft LeJones to continue King's First Minister' campaign. Anyone else agree? :)

Consider me in, too.

Having now posted by own update I am free to fourth this motion without leaving myself open to charges of hypocrisy. Huzzah!

I'm right behind Kurt! :p

How odd. I've just turned to look at my back and you weren't there...

Glad to see you back, my good old Enewaldus!!!!

For a brief shining moment, I thought there was a new update here. Now my heart is sad again. :(

Anyway, I would like to see this AAR be continued as well.

How odd. I've just turned to look at my back and you weren't there...

If someone here said they were behind me, I wouldn't dare turn and look. That's what I have my computer cam for.

Oh God - pressure to continue...

My dear and somewhat misguided readers...

1. A massive apology - two dramatic things happened in my life in 2010, the least stressful of which was the untimely death of my laptop (alas, with Halifax AAR, the game, and all the lovely piccies on it. Suffice as to say I have a new (backed up!) laptop, and a new appreciation of the medical profession...

2. The AAR. Well, what to do with it? I may have a rump record of the game, as well as my skeleton timeline of the war. Alas my HOI2 long ago went so I would have to go on, filling in the gaps with even more nonsense than I usually managed. I'm mulling over what to do, but at the very least you'll get a summary of what (hilariously) happened.

3. Other AARs. I own HOI3, Vic 2, CK2, and EU4. Vic 2 is awful, simply awful, whilst I like, though don't love CK2. Don't get me wrong, fathering bastards by the wives of my courtiers is fun, but a bit vulgar when overdone! The choice is HOI3 (a beautiful but very flawed game) or EU4 (still being ironed out, but with promise). Both would be Anglo-centric (it's what I do) and I have ideas for both. Thoughts appreciated!

Again, I am so terribly sorry for letting you all down, it's been an interesting few years...

Le J

Lord Halifax in EU4?

Oh dear me...