• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(104088)

Second Lieutenant
Jun 11, 2008
737pxsatelliteimagesiciqp4.jpg

kingdomoftrinacria1337su8.jpg

So, I've decided to start my own AAR. I'm playing with Deus Vult, in the 1337 scenario. Please, feel free to criticise and comment wherever possible; this is my debut AAR.

But why the Kingdom of Trinacria? Well, for a start; it's neglected. I've never seen a Trinacria AAR and I've actually never played them personally. However, they start out with a good ruler, a good personal demesne and plenty of stomping grounds in Northern Africa to crusade in. This gives them excellent opportunities. Provided I can avoid making enemies with any of the great powers of the game, I can expand much to my heart's content. Furthermore, with only one vassal to worry about; I won't have the kingdom shattering wars that occur in Germany, France and other large nations. That, and Sicily is relatively easy to defend.

So, without further ado; let's begin!

So, this is my king; as of 1337. He's got relatively decent stats and virtually no traits. That lustful trait should come in handy if I bumped his wife off, but; I presume he's going to die in a few years, so I'll just keep her around. Decietful can be an annoying trait to have, as it can marginally lower vassal loyalty. It adds an intrigue bonus, which will come in handy if I want a larger demesne.

kingoftrinacriaportraitkl4.jpg

kingoftrinacria1337al1.jpg

This is my heir, at the moment. He's . . . okay? A bit mediocre, especially compared to his father; the King. I'm going to have to look at changing the inheritance laws quite quickly, so a more able son can inherit.

heirtothrone1337ab0.jpg

pietrodarago1337qg8.jpg

He's got quite an impressive brood at the moment.

pietroschildren1337zf5.jpg

This is my favoured son. Ideally, I want him to inherit; but as a bastard; he can't under the current inheritance law. If I changed to elective, as my only vassal; he'd be first in line to the throne. He might be a bastard, but he's more capable than his legitimite brother.

alfonsodarago1337hp4.jpg

alfonsodaragostats1337am9.jpg

Here's my current court. They're pretty crap, to be frank. I need some way of getting a better group. Hmm...

court1337vc2.jpg

Ta-dah! As you can see, several of my male family members are unmarried. So, I fire up the bride finder and pick out the most intellectual babes in all of Christendom to marry. These should help to swell my court with `sizeable` talent. No huge tracks of land with these babes; though.

courtiersneedmarry1337bs7.jpg

My improved court is MUCH better, but I need to find a better marshal soon.

improvedcourt1337fr7.jpg

With my court settled and the general affairs of the land sorted out, we'll look further at Trinacria in the next update of this fine, AAR.

There are far to few 1337 AARs and I have never seen on with Trincaria. As a matter of fact they usually never play a role in the game since the daft AI always pledges allegiance to the Kingdom of Sicily\Naples. ;)
So naturally I'm very keen to see where a human player can take this state.

~Lord Valentine~

Lord Valentine: Thank you for the encouragement! I never see Trinacria prosper in any of my games, either. Hopefully, I'll be looking at keeping out of the way of Hungary - Sicily; which usually grows into a behemoth in my games.

Enewald: Don't worry, I used the ledger. But I'll always have a soft spot for the bridefinder...

the_hdk: Thank you! I hope you enjoy the AAR then.

I'm bogged down with schoolwork, but an update should be forthcoming over the weekend.

the_hdk said:
Good luck :)

I've never even heard of the Kingdom :eek:o

We can blame the pope for this Kingdom's funny name ;)

Crusader Kings 2, just so you know, Trinacria 1337, and i conquered 66% of Italy, all of Crimea and alania, about 95% of the Balkans, ALL of Africa except Abyssinia and Nubia, 75% of the Iberian peninsula, and a few Russian places.
trinacria was amazing, so i posted. i am aware this is a thread from a different game and 6 years ago.

Crusader Kings 2, just so you know, Trinacria 1337, and i conquered 66% of Italy, all of Crimea and alania, about 95% of the Balkans, ALL of Africa except Abyssinia and Nubia, 75% of the Iberian peninsula, and a few Russian places.
trinacria was amazing, so i posted. i am aware this is a thread from a different game and 6 years ago.

I got back to this thread....saw jeff's resoponse...and got very sad :(