• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'd bring it up with Kanil. And besides, there's nowt wrong with being bald.

Is it?

Not at all if you're a mighty and powerful king, but it is obvious he is trying to accumulate some extra favours by emulating your fashion style. In fact, he might even be aiming to topple you, my king. I'd be vary of people like him - in fact, I'd suggest making baldness a serious crime for anyone but your excellency. This way we can easily spot usurpers and pretenders before they the have the chance to get their greedy hands on your highness's rightful title.

Well then, Dutchie van de Aarlander, (Dutch Catholic, Martial training, vengeful, proud, honest, skeptical) reporting for duty. Now gimme a County, preferably a nice one :D.

Ducal title?

I, as a modest and piteous person shall not beg for one.
I know that as a righteous ruler you shall find a bunch of nobles deserving that title, that may or may not include me. It is not up to a modest noble to cry for a ducal title, when all power lieth in the hands of the mighty king, a mighty and modest and wise king who has only the best interests of his kingdom in his mind. May he choose wisely.

All Hail the King!

Suck up :p

Not at all if you're a mighty and powerful king, but it is obvious he is trying to accumulate some extra favours by emulating your fashion style. In fact, he might even be aiming to topple you, my king. I'd be vary of people like him - in fact, I'd suggest making baldness a serious crime for anyone but your excellency. This way we can easily spot usurpers and pretenders before they the have the chance to get their greedy hands on your highness's rightful title.

I'm not bald, I just have short hair. Have you seen my butter knife by the way?

And do you have any borscht?

Yes. And we shall plot their des... ahem RELOCATION... to a better place..

No need to get that carried away, just don't let them split us :) . Then we'll see where we can go from there.

Obviously I should have the ducal title as I have 2 counties and great stewardship (that still helps things, right?) And if anyone challenges me for it, I'll run them down with a herd of wlak. And you don't want that...trust me. ;)

Great opening, Iain. Keep it up.

And let's watch the spam line, folks. Keep it to a minimum and the conversation focused, please and thanks. :)

I agree with Praxiteles- religious minorities unite!

I would like my country renamed, if possible, to Yehudenwald, and here is my new CoA.

1-1.jpg

Keep in mind that coat of arms should be 128x128 pixels in size to fit in CK. Of course, Iain can probably easily adjust the size, especially if the image is a square, but it would save him some work. :)

And I can add the woodoverlay (or metal one) texture for your COAs in case you want it:

Untitled-2.jpg

Thank you very kindly sir; can you put the metal texture on it. Thanks again, sir.

EDIT: Better to PM it to you to avoid unnecessary spam, you can just edit it to your original post then. Or PM to Iain.

The Kingdom of AARLand

001-1.jpg

It's late and my brain is frazzled so this is going to a brief and somewhat less than wordy update. Fear not, for I have many pictures to do the talking for me.

Like the map above. Behold! The Kingdom of AARLand. Glorious in its...er...reddness.

I think it's most notable features are its bitter coldness, barren soil and hostile neighbours.

A veritable paradise.

Let's meet the ruling classes shall we?

007.jpg

It goes without saying that Murmurandus is NOT one year old. The beard should be enough of a giveaway. He's just got a long title, that's all. Chosen by him too I might add!

Why's Coz got two provinces and everyone else only has one? Simple - he got lucky and the guy I was cut and pasting his details onto happened to have two. Lucky old Coz!

006.jpg

Second mistake of the night happens to poor old Enewald whose title I've chopped off. He's Count of The Ene Wald. See what I did there? Clever? No? Please yourselves...

Oh and KaiserMuffin's mad. Be wary of him!

You'll also find that the random number generator that I used for DNA strings generated quite a few that looked like Johan (and which I didn't realise until I started playing). Game rational - it's something to do with genetics.

005.jpg

For some reason Kazmir has the county I gave to Kanil and vice versa. I was going to change it but then I thought it would be more amusing to have them bicker over it.

Rune is actually Canonized (the player not the action of being canonised...) and he gets the award for most homo-erotic coat of arms. Not quite sure what's going on there...

Oh and Loki is one of the aforementioned Johan clones.

004.jpg

My apologies go out to Praxiteles. Seems that CK spells "muslim" "moslem" so when I put "muslim" in it took offence at my spelling and made poor ol' Prax a catholic instead! I've rectified this you'll be pleased to know but not before the piccy was taken.

You'll also have spotted another clone sneaking in. Evil sneaky clones - I'm not sure if they're an asset to the kingdom or not.

002.jpg

No screamingly obvious errors on this page. Thwise is Cunobelius54 and he's mad too. We have a rule that neither he nor KaiserMuffin have access to sharp things when an electoral council is in session. It keeps things safer that way.

003.jpg

No - Bingo's not a one year old either. He is celibate though. At 17. That's rough.

You'll have noticed that some characters have finished their education and some haven't. Or rather, you'll have noticed this if you're a CK fan. If you're not, then all the little symbols in the top right will mean nothing. It should be noted that I've let the game run for a year or so just to see what would happen so that's why everyone's stats are probably wildly different from what they expected.

Finally we have yours truly...

008.jpg

As you can see, I've got a few Ducal titles to parcel out (I've made a rule that the ruler will not hang onto ducal titles when he has them). What I need is a compelling argument from you as to why you should have such a title (and feel free to slander your peers when doing so). Also, any requests for what the kingdom should do next will be good. I'll leave it for a week or so before acting (or may act sooner if things quieten down).

Let's lead AARLand to glory!

(apologies for the quality of this update)

Oh god, my nose is ugly!!!!
And I'm blonde! Oh dear!

Could I have this as my CoA:

fu4a9s.jpg

I dont know how to change it though. And I would like my county renamed to Johansydsel, if you don't mind. I don't give a damn for the shires.

Obviously I should have the ducal title as I have 2 counties and great stewardship (that still helps things, right?) And if anyone challenges me for it, I'll run them down with a herd of wlak. And you don't want that...trust me. ;)

Great opening, Iain. Keep it up.

And let's watch the spam line, folks. Keep it to a minimum and the conversation focused, please and thanks. :)

I'm sorry, but it should clearly be me. I'm the prodigy in these parts.

I am a prodigy, you quivering sack of meat and giblets... you think you are so special SPECIAL... HUAHAHHAHAHAH!

EDIT: Kazmir strikes and East Muffinaria rides tonight!
2-2.jpg

Oh, but you're crazed. That doesn't count.

I'm so smart none of you understand me! That's all!

Oh and Father-King Iain... I assume realm inheritance is set to 'Salic Gavelkind'?
Because, that would truly be the sagacious choice...

((Also, Post 1702.. I AM A NOW GENERAL. FEAR MY 9 DIVISIONS OF WROTH!))

Iain Wilson said:
No - Bingo's not a one year old either. He is celibate though. At 17. That's rough.

Why? When I have Sacha the Stable boy to keep me company! Who needs those pesky women anyway? :rolleyes:

Kanil said:
Bingo doesn't deserve a ducal title though. Look at his facial hair, and his head. He's dyeing his hair blond. That's strange. You don't want strange dukes, do you?

Talk to the hand Kanil, I'm already a Queen! :rofl: But if big, strong, powerful, Iain Wilson wants to pass me a duchy (on the left hand side of course!) I'm more than happy to accept it. And furthermore Kanil, yes I am dyeing my hair because I can! It's called "Autumn Sunrise" ya like it? ;)

Well, since I'm the only Norman, I should at least be Duke over all the Saxons. Everyone knows Normans are Dukes and Saxons are counts! :p

Actually, can I be a bishop? I'm skeptical and a fanatical priest - quite a combination! Plus I'm vengeful, so if you don't give me a mitre soon, there's going to be trouble. :D

This is hillarious, btw. :rofl:

A little late but I'm here.

I have the biggest intrigue. Clearly I should receive the ducal title. Would've prefered being a marquis, but it's ok.

As for the coa, I'm on a mobile so I can't do it myself. The norman three lions. Red replaced with dark green, yellow with silver. Pretty please?

And it would be terribly nice of you to change my prov name to either Isengard or Coruscant.

Keep up the good work.

I'm just happy that Iain don't takes his list over here. It could be ugly!