• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KolyFrog

Lord Koly of House Frog the Lord of the Pond
50 Badges
Mar 12, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
With the latest patch of Elder Kings, I figured that I should do another AAR using my favorite race to play as in this mod, Orcs! If you want to check out my abandoned Orsinium AAR, here it is.

I'll be playing using the Interregnum bookmark and here are some of the rules that I'm going to follow:

• Character must always have the culture Orsimer
  • Character must always follow the Cult of Malacath faith
  • Character must always have an Orc portrait
  • No reloads
  • Always save before quitting

My goals for this game:

1. rebuild Orsinium
  2. Unite High Rock
  3. Create an empire

Now, "FOR ORSINIUM!"

Table of Contents

[post=17433634]Prologue: The Founding of Orsinium[/post]
[post=17442437]Chapter 1: A Matter of Pride[/post]
[post=17451450]Chapter 2: The Conquest of Kambria, The First Blood[/post]
[post=17462439]Chapter 3: The Conquest of Kambria, The Two Losses[/post]
[post=17496500]Chapter 4: The Conquest of Kambria, The Loaned Victory[/post]
[post=17531963]Chapter 5: The Architect[/post]

*I'll be updating this subsequently with my House Marsh AAR.

Last edited:
Prologue: The Founding of Orsinium

14062395120_aed914f426_o.jpg

From his private chamber, King Moghakh steps out to the balcony to see the view of the city that he had made. A city that, just a few years ago, used to be just a pile of rubble on top of the Wrothgarian Mountains. Even though it still pales in comparison to the Cyrodiil City or Solitude, it is growing. Merchants come and go to barter their wares and refugees from all over Tamriel flock to get a better chance at life in his city. The news of Orsinium's growth is spreading throughout High Rock and the name Bulfim is recognized by every Orc and Breton nobility in the surrounding area. Most men would be proud of this accomplishment but not Moghakh. He sees these accomplishments as a precursor to the city's destruction just like the fate of the old Orsinium. But he does not show this fear openly in front of his subjects. Instead, he puts on a presentable visage, a charming smile and a silver tongue. He always had a way with words, he remembered.

It was approximately twenty years ago when it all started. Moghakh is not a king back then nor was he in line to be one. He is simply just a regular Orc. An Orc who had lived a good portion of his life in Breton cities. He had read the tales about an Orc homeland that used to be on top of the mountains and also read its downfall. He also learned how the few attempts of rebuilding this city brought the other races together just to destroy it. Again and again, an Orc would inspire his people to build a homeland of their own just to be killed off and forgotten. After learning this, Moghakh vowed to build a true homeland for his people. A homeland that would not crumble. A homeland that would not be forgotten. This inspired him to venture up the Wrothgarian Mountains to see the homeland of the Orcs. This is where he saw him for the first time...

14062345008_b565bab27b_o.jpg

He was just a boy back then, barely fifteen years of age. Upon his first meeting with the future king of Orsinium, he shot him with sparks. "Who goes there?" He questioned the stranger.

"A friend. I mean you no harm." Moghakh responded then dropped the long-sword sheathed on his belt. "See."

Yashnarz then closed his hands to uncast the sparks. "Okay, then."

After that first meeting, the two became fast friends. Moghakh still remembers the day he shared his ambitions with Yashnarz. "See this ruin? This used to be a grand city built by Orcs." He told him. "I want to rebuild that city. I want to build a homeland for our people who are lost. I want to build a homeland that would never be destroyed and never be forgotten. I want to build a new Orsinium!"

This brought a chuckle out of Yashnarz. "If this is truly what you want, then when I become chieftain, I would see this come true." He replied.

Yashnarz was true to his word. Once he inherited his father's title as the Chieftain of Grimrock, he began backing Moghakh's claim to kingship over Orsinium. In return, Moghakh used his skills as a Master Agent to bring up documents, both fabricated and true, to strengthen his claim over the other orc chiefs that has a better claim. As soon as Moghakh proved himself to be the ruler of the, then deserted, Orsinium. Using workers from Grimrock, the construction of the new Orsinium began. Soon afterwards, an influx of refugees and immigrants from all over Tamriel came to the city and hastened its progress.

14248677024_21493794e8_o.jpg

After the city is finished, the people selected Moghakh as their king and Yashnarz offered his sister, Ulumpha, to be his queen.

14248677004_fd3053147f_o.jpg

King Moghakh remembers these memories and see how different he has become. He was young back then. Young, brave and ambitious. Now, he's just a fat man who fears for the future. Even his friend, Yashnarz, became fearful and fat just like him. A craven, he calls himself at night. Who can blame him, he reasons. He has a family now.

14062362429_4899624489_o.jpg

A son.

14248676974_0b668112f3_o.jpg

And a daughter.

14225856096_0bdf5307eb_o.jpg

In this time of chaos are any of them safe behind the walls of Orsinium?

14246808222_587ce2fa6c_o.jpg

Can the kingdom survive while being surrounded by enemies?

14062422807_dc4df51807_b.jpg

These are the questions that plague Moghakh's mind. But the answer is clear. He'll conquer or be conquered.

Another AAR set in the wonderful world of Tamriel, count me in!

Cheers!

Woot! It's back! And I might have to look into the updated mod (perhaps after I finish my current AAR).

Well, since I've been playing the GoT mod almost exclusively before this updated patch came out, I forgot the difference between flat terrain battles and mountain terrain battles. Basically I screwed up bad and I mean really bad. So in the following updates you'll see me fumble around as I get my ass beaten multiple times and get the kingdom under so much debt that Moghakh's grandchildren would probably still not be able to pay it back. But, in my defense, Moghakh only has one point in learning so yeah. Update coming up soon!

Chapter 1: A Matter of Pride

"It is a matter of pride!" yelled Queen Ulumpha, "Kambria is part of old Orsinium and, if you are to prove yourself as its king, you have to make that bitch of a baroness kneel befo-" Her cough halted her speech. It has becoming worse now, thought King Moghakh. She has been suffering from some form of illness for weeks now but she keeps on insisting that she is fine and refuses any form of treatment. Her pride would kill her one day, he often tells her. Moghakh tells her to stay in bed and rest but she demands to be part of the council even in her condition.

"If I may speak bluntly, my king and queen," interjected Gul uz-Begada, the steward of Orsinium, "Wars are expensive and, with Daggerfall's recent incursion into Balfiera, trade with the Altmer has been severely halted. On top of that, the Republic of Wayrest has issued an embargo on us. Stating, 'We do not deal with with beasts.' Orsinium simply cannot afford a war."

"BAH!" interrupted Dur, the marshal of Orsinium, "That is the talk of merchants! An Orc does not need gold to go to war."

"That may be so, but a kingdom needs gold to run." Gul retorted.

"Little girl," Dur replied, "A city Orc like you would never know what it is to be a true Orc."

Dur was one of the refugees that came from the Dragontail Mountains when his stronghold and his clan got overrun by Redguards. While Gul came from a city in Wayrest. From there she learned how to manage coin and became one of the few people in Orsinium to know how to do so. With this qualifications, she quickly got a position in Moghakh's council as his steward despite her being only sixteen years of age. Her youth and upbringing clashes frequently with Dur's more conservative views.

"Enough!" Moghakh commanded, "I do not want to hear any bickering in my council. We are done for today."

"Husband," Ulumpha called, "About our children, it appears that they are not responding well in their tutelage here. Sharkub is exercising his status too much towards the other children and prefers to just sit around doing nothing. Badbog is acting a little strange..."

"Strange how?" Moghakh asked.

"She has been known to bully the other children ruthlessly but that's not the strange part." Ulumpha paused to cough. "The strange part is that she wants to marry her brother."

"What?" said Moghakh, "That can't be right."

"The Code of Malacath does not forbade a marriage between siblings." Ulumpha replied.

"Don't tell me you do not oppose this idea."

"Have some pride, Moghakh. Who shall Badbog marry? My brother's bastard? Any of your worthless courtiers? Or perhaps you plan on marrying her off to some Breton nobility? I say, NO!" Her cough forced her to stop midway into her speech. "I will not let my daughter be somebody else's wife if she can stay here and be queen."

14076724419_2195278357_o.jpg

"Fine," Moghakh surrendered, "They shall be promised to each other." He knows that there is no stopping his wife when it comes to the matter of pride. Ulumpha knows he knows this and uses it to her advantage to effectively control her husband's decisions. It works all the time.

"Oh, husband," Ulumpha said before she leave, "I've struck a deal with the chieftain of Wrothgar. He agreed to let his marshal, Urbul, accept both Sharkub and Badbog as wards. They are leaving soon."

14076281390_3f4d930fb7_o.jpg

"And you made this decision without me?" Moghakh asked.

"Don't be mad, husband," Ulumpha replied, "Urbul is a master fighter and a great commander. There is no one here that could be a better guardian for the two."

After Ulumpha left the room, Moghakh sat back in his chair and looked through the letters on his table. There he found a letter from the chieftain of Betnikh and another from the chieftain of Kruzka. Two island nations that are ruled by Orcs. The letter shows their agreement to Moghakh's proposal to marry one of their courtiers.

Uloth, from the island of Betnikh, off the coast of Daggerfall. A master bard and an information broker. Moghakh chose her to be his spymaster upon arrival to Orsinium.

14076330607_859c25b7a5_o.jpg

Urzoth, from the island of Kruzka, located to the far west of the Dwynnen Coast. A master magistrate and an excellent diplomat. She became Moghakh's chancellor upon arrival to Orsinium.

14259576831_74300df941_o.jpg

Moghakh, with the guiding hand of his wife, selected these two women for their talents more than their ability to give birth or their looks. Their inclusion to the council marks the completion of the first roster of the King's Council.

14240472776_080edf1182_o.jpg

Chapter 2: The Conquest of Kambria, First Blood

King Moghakh and the other members of the council are already on their seats when Dur came inside the great hall in Orsinium. He looked around and saw his fellow councilmen, or should he call them councilwomen. "I see you like decorating your council with your harem." He looked at the King, "Am I part of your harem too?"

Queen Ulumpha gave Moghakh a piercing glare while holding in a cough. "You are late!" Moghakh responded. "The meeting started half an hour ago."

"Pardon me, your grace." Dur finds his seat. "But, I'm busy training troops all morning. I rather do something productive than sit through another meeting only to listen to you ladies make plans to avoid a fight."

"Your insolence knows no bounds!" Queen Ulumpha retorted, "Say something like that again and you will be out of a job!"

Dur clenched his teeth but remained silent.

Moghakh couldn't help but notice his wife's worsening condition. Still, she refuses to receive any treatment.

"As I saying," Queen Urzoth interrupted, "The Baroness of Kambria was recently wed. She has allies now. Powerful allies."

14262894945_b6e6341886_o.jpg

"Who did she marry?" Moghakh asked.

"Philipe Imbel, the son of Octieve Imbel, the current leader of the Northpoint Mercantile Association." Urzoth answered.

14259576851_12f10b25fc_b.jpg

Moghakh gasped, "That's just a few weeks march away!"

Dur burst out laughing. "Are you afraid of a challenge?" He jibed, "And you call yourself an Orc, much less a King?"

Moghakh refused to give in to Dur's remarks. Instead, he simply kept silent.

"If you have nothing good to say, Dur, then I advise that you return to your duties and train some troops." Queen Uloth proposed, "I wouldn't think you'd enjoy drowning in your own blood."

Dur lets out one frustrated grunt. "If you let your wives do the fighting for you," Dur stated, "Then you are not a king worth fighting for!" He then went out of the great hall to go about his duties.

"Um, I would also like to go back to my assignment." Gul requested, "I think I'm about to find something that could raise our income. I just need to survey the province longer."

"Go ahead, we might as well call this meeting over." Moghakh said.

When everyone was leaving Queen Ulumpha suddenly fell to the floor.

"My queen, you must let me heal you." Snak offered, "I'm trained in healing magic."

"No, I'm fine." Ulumpha insisted. She has always been a fighter but apparently also foolish, Moghakh thought.

"No, you are not." Snak replied, "Don't worry, my king, I will take her to her room and make sure she is properly rested."

After Snak left with Ulumpha, Urzoth soon followed and then only Uloth and Moghakh was left in the room. Uloth picked up her lute and started playing with it's strings. Moghakh can't help but be entranced by her.

"So, how do you want to deal with Philipe Imbel?" She asked looking straight at Moghakh's eyes. She doesn't even have to look at the lute, Moghakh noticed.

"Is there anyone in Baroness Ursanne's court that we could co-conspire with to kill him?" Moghakh asked.

"Not enough," Uloth answered.

"An assassin then," Moghakh concluded.

Uloth nodded in agreement. "It just so happens that I have a guy that could do the job." The tune of the lute changed from jolly to grim.

"Who?"

"Borug uz-Ragmhur, a very skilled nightblade."

14239780716_cc976598d3_o.jpg

"Can he get the job done?"

"For the right price, yes"

"Very well."

14262894885_c0d25f65b2_o.jpg

Now that the first blood has been spilled, King Moghakh wasted no time to declare war on Kambria and the first step to uniting Orsinium begins.

14275208291_cef03e49bb_o.jpg

Man, I am really digging the improved orc faces.

In the meantime...let the uniting begin.

Chapter 3: The Conquest of Kambria, The Two Losses

The blazing sun shines above the fields outside Orsinium, over the many warriors who signed to go to war for their king or for personal glory. Unbeknownst to them, most of them won't be returning back home. Moghakh sits inside the commander's tent geared with the best armor and weaponry available in his disposal. With him is a young commander named Dular and his wife and chancellor, Urzoth.

"I have received news regarding this war, your grace," Urzoth said, "The Baroness Ursanne just got remarried..."

"And who did she marry this time?" Moghakh asked.

"King Verick Ildene of Farrun," Urzoth answered.

14269750156_46b72654a1_b.jpg

"I wouldn't worry about him, my king." Dular commented, "Farrun is way too far from Kambria and I guarantee that Kambria would have fallen twice over before they reach us."

King Moghakh nodded in agreement. "You have done a great job in informing me, Urzoth. You may go back to your duties."

Dular gave Urzoth a smile and a wave goodbye. Urzoth responded with a smile and a giggle before leaving the tent. Moghakh did not notice these small details, however. He was focused on the plan that Dular made for their invasion. There are some major flaws in the plan, he thinks. Dular's main plan is to march their soldiers straight to Kambria. Dular had previously explained to him that with their superior numbers, they could overrun the Kambrian forces in the open field. But, he is having serious doubts on the effectiveness of this plan. The Kambrian people are a mountain folk just as they are and their close proximity with Orcs would no doubt make them ready to face any invasion from them. Added to this, most of the warriors that joined his army have never seen a battle before. A head on strategy would be costly. Though he thinks this is the case, he did not say anything to Dular. Instead, he trusted in Dular's judgement over his own.

"All things seems to be ready, let's finish this as soon as possible." Moghakh said and they went outside to prepare for the march. Before they leave a voice called for Moghakh.

"My king!" called Queen Uluth. "I'm here to deliver you some great news before you leave." Uluth paused for a moment until she's sure that Moghakh has given her his full attention. "I'm pregnant."

14289531611_57ec2a9994_o.jpg

"That is great news," King Moghakh replied.

"Now you must promise me that you will comeback to see this child be born."

"I will," King Moghakh promised.

King Moghakh and Uloth said their goodbyes and the army began marching. After a few weeks, the army finally reached their destination. Kambria is located on top of a mountain at the end of the Wrothgarian Mountains. The town itself is insignificant and the castle even so but, the road leading up to the top is steep and narrow. Archers can easily perch above and bleed them on the way up. But, Dular's plan is already briefed to the lesser leaders and the soldiers are already drilled on how to maneuver over steep roads. He just has to put more trust in his commander. Changing the plan at this point would just seem cowardly.

After a few days, the army of Orsinium are now ready to attack. Dular leads the center flank and King Moghakh leads the left flank. The road is way too narrow for both of them to march across so, Dular marched with his army first. A quarter on the way through, archers came out from the top of the mountain and began raining them with arrows. Dular commanded his soldiers to put their shields up but, the non-stop volleys of arrows still withered their numbers. Dular then sent his archers forward to fire back at the attackers but even that did not work. Dular's archers got decimated before they even made any significant damage. He then signaled his men to run forward. The Kambrians responded by pushing rocks down at them. King Moghakh watched this slaughter go on in front of him and deep inside he believes that he should retreat. But, he is an Orc. An Orc must not run from a battle. He looked at his men and he saw their determined faces. What would they think of me if I ran, he thought. So, King Moghakh commanded his men to follow Dular.

14106220678_ee48dbaf99_o.jpg

Dular eventually managed to breakthrough and engage the enemy. His soldiers halted the archers from unleashing volleys on King Moghakh's army. For a moment it seems that Orsinium has a chance of winning but, then the Kambrian reinforcement came. All fresh and eager, the Kambrians managed to break and rout Dular's army. King Moghakh and his own men are then left to fend for them themselves. In the thick of the battle, King Moghakh got a attacked by a young Breton soldier. The young man was quick and skilled. He gave King Moghakh a relentless barrage of attacks. He blocked with his shield but was immediately drained of his stamina. When he lowered his shield, the Breton strikes at his ribs effectively breaking a few. When the Breton was about to deliver the finishing blow, a loyal soldier came to King Moghakh's aid.

14106220638_8bdddfdc9b_o.jpg

King Moghakh lost consciousness shortly after that affair. The next thing he remembers was waking up on a wagon on the way back to Orsinium. Dular walks beside him.

"What happened?" King Moghakh asked.

"We lost," Dular answered. His face shows signs of displeasure and regret.

When King Moghakh and the rest of the remainder of his army comes back to Orsinium, Uloth and Urzoth came out to welcome them. No sign of Ulumpha, King Moghakh thought. Uloth and Urzoth greeted him but, his mind is focused on something else. Uloth seems to be happy to see him and her belly is getting bigger. Urzoth on other hand seems to be happier when she found out that Dular survived. King Moghakh paid no mind to the two of them, however. Suddenly, Snak came to him with tears flowing down her face.

"Your grace, I want you to know," Snak paused to regain her composure, "I want you to know that I did everything that I can."

"Did everything you can, to do what?" asked Moghakh, a berserker rage seems to be starting to build up.

"To ... To save your wife," Snak broke down in tears, "Your wife is dead."

14106220588_66bc8e3729_o.jpg

So, wincest, eh? Also, those young Orcs look... strange.

Wincest a la Lannister is what I call it. When looking for Moghakh's second and third wives I noticed that I'm allowed to marry him to his own daughter. I find it intriguing and interesting so, I betrothed her to her twin brother instead. Besides, other than Grimrock's bastard, no other orc chief has a daughter/son that would give me a useful alliance. Plus, Badbog has the strange and ruthless traits. Imagine the possibilities of that!

The Orcs look interesting, to say the least.

I wonder what the Khajiit portraits look like.

Oh! Quite fantastic. :) lots of color variety and the like. And adorable children portraits.

Keep up the good work.

Ooooh, I wanna see now, especially the children one!