The Ironic Nature of Paradox Forums

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the fact of the matter is that not every suggestion, or even idea, is a valid or good one. I see a lot of posts that suggest sweeping changes to the game, and in my honest opinion those people should go and make mods. As for stuff like UI fixes, that should probably go with the bug reports.
It's hard to say where game balance goes though. If a hundred people agree to a post saying nerf the Ottomans, for example, should that be considered a suggestion, or is it just a community consensus that should be addressed by the devs? It's a very gray line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do that; when a post is obviously not informative but I find it funny, I mark it 'helpful' :)

Maybe it's just my immature self that can't resist how ironic that is...
Well... the ironic nature... Both helpful AND funny ;-) so pick whichever you like for that one :p

I do that; when a post is obviously not informative but I find it funny, I mark it 'helpful' :)

Maybe it's just my immature self that can't resist how ironic that is...

I found this extremely helpful.

Reactions:
And that's why I shamelessly advertise my suggestions in the signature. If I'm active there's a good chance that people who agree with my posts will look into my suggestions, without needing to search through all my posts. :D
This also works when they disagree. Sometimes they disagree so much that they want to go to your suggestions and "respectfully disagree" with these as well.

And that's why I shamelessly advertise my suggestions in... this thread and many others.
9buz_putin.jpg

Reactions:
I think part of the problem is that there are two kinds of suggestions. The one that calls for a small tweak of game designs, like changing ideas, nations and small mechanics. These are generally supported by most of the community if they are well thought through, but are also not very exciting and thus only receive minor responses.
The other one are the over-the-top game changing suggestions that have the length of an essay and call for the overhaul of a whole mechanic. While these often might good suggestions, they are just to far from reality to imagine how they would be implemented and how they work out. I can only speak for myself, but I only seldom bother to read the whole thing.

Obliviously a split of the forums would not be a good solution since it would decrease the number of readers per post even more. What I imagine could work would be a feed of suggestions, each with a title and maybe a cap of 200-300 words that quickly explain the suggestion and that you could up or down-vote while scrolling through. I think that it would make a flood of suggestions better to read and easier for the Devs to filter out the good ones.

For the big posts, I only have one recommendation. Use more pictures. Give us something to look at and understand what you want to have changed at a glance. But only a few would put so much effort in it when it is only read by a handful of people.

Reactions: